Expired Hot Deals

Tim Hortons

HOT! YMMV. Earn 7x Points per Order With Mobile App

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 12:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2697 posts
1016 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[Tim Hortons] HOT! YMMV. Earn 7x Points per Order With Mobile App

Skip the line up and earn 7x points per order through their mobile app only.
How? Activate the 7x points on their app and make a minimum $1.50 purchase everytime. That's like buy one get one free coffee.
Expiry: goes on all week till July 12th.
Edit: This may be targeted marketing. YMMV.
Last edited by NixxonExxo on Jul 6th, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[solicitation removed]
25 replies
Newbie
May 7, 2019
85 posts
135 upvotes
Scarborough
Targeted? I don't see anything in my offers aside from the regular 2x points and deals. I order maybe once every two weeks.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3661 posts
1435 upvotes
Montreal
Nowhere I see X7... though the X2 is there.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 14, 2006
9467 posts
2313 upvotes
YMMV. I got 2x only.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1735 posts
1635 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Uninstalled the app after the spying allegations. Nobody else?
Sr. Member
Oct 5, 2014
588 posts
1311 upvotes
Ontario
They should be giving out all kinds of deals and offers considering how intrusive they are
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3276 posts
560 upvotes
b31770 wrote: Uninstalled the app after the spying allegations. Nobody else?
I made sure the permissions were set to only access location while using the app. Can they spy despite that?
Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2018
411 posts
356 upvotes
winnipeg
kyellie wrote: Targeted? I don't see anything in my offers aside from the regular 2x points and deals. I order maybe once every two weeks.
My smurf account got the 7x points deal, not the main one
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3276 posts
560 upvotes
Thanks. The way I read that screenshot though, Tim's is claiming that they only use your location when the app is open, and the author is saying that isn't true. I am talking about using permissions settings on my phone to only allow the app to access the GPS location when the app is open.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2005
3376 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
mc_molineux wrote: I made sure the permissions were set to only access location while using the app. Can they spy despite that?
When you don't have the app open it can still access other information.
For example it can see which Wifi you are connected to and use that to determine your location (work IP, home IP).

I never installed this app and never will.
Last edited by Super_Chicken on Jul 6th, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jun 24, 2016
204 posts
270 upvotes
This has to be targeted and even then, I'm shocked they're offering this to anybody. 7x points literally gets you a free coffee.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 26, 2006
3276 posts
560 upvotes
Super_Chicken wrote: When you don't have the app open it can still access other information.
For example it can see which Wifi you are connected to and use that to determine your location (work IP, home IP).

I never installed this app and never will.
Interesting, thanks. Does anyone know if it is possible (in Android) to limit this permission (and all others) to "only while using the app"?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2528 posts
2233 upvotes
Markham
mc_molineux wrote: Interesting, thanks. Does anyone know if it is possible (in Android) to limit this permission (and all others) to "only while using the app"?
I checked my Android 10.
App only has access to Locations and that too only when it's in use.
-------
Thank you
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
12173 posts
6018 upvotes
I only have the 2x points. Also it tracks you even when you dont have location set only while using app. If you give it that permission(only use while on app) its been using it when ever it feels like it.
I uninstalled from main phone and have a backup phone i use for it along with a couple other apps.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2001
1150 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Does every Timmy's deal post need to be about the app?
can anyone confirm if you change the permissions on your phone for tracking only when in use, it actually does?
Sr. Member
Oct 5, 2014
588 posts
1311 upvotes
Ontario
ranjeet2000 wrote: Does every Timmy's deal post need to be about the app?
can anyone confirm if you change the permissions on your phone for tracking only when in use, it actually does?
This is a deal you can literally get only using the app Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2001
1150 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
qbarnes95 wrote: This is a deal you can literally get only using the app Face With Tears Of Joy
I mean a debate about the app and then a link to the article and massive downvotes.

Top