• Jan 5th, 2020 1:43 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto

TIM Horton's Incompetent And Lying Employees

The screwups and subsequent LYING by Tim Horton's employees is astounding. trying to blame customers for their screw-ups. These have happened recently;

TIM Horton's at Centre St/Dufferin (Vaughan)

I go through the drive-thru and asked for the same coffee I have asked in the last 15 years, a "triple-triple". This older lady (spanish or arab) takes my order and gives me a coffee, I taste it and its not even a double-double-, its a "regular". I go back to tell them its not a triple-triple, she says in an arrogant loud voice that its exactly what I ordered, I told her manager to take a sip and tell me if that was a triple-triple, the lady then says I ordered a regular, I told her not to be a liar, never in my life have I drank regular coffee.

TIM Horton's at Lakeshore/Leslie inside ESSO station near the now-extinct Burger King turned into Starbucks

I ordered a "croissant sandwich, egg and cheese ONLY, NO meat please". The young guy nods his head "yes" and asks me "plain or cheese croissant"? I say "plain". He then proceeds and gives me a croissant and says "next" to the customer beind me. I then say "Buddy where's my croissant sandwich?". He looks startled and says "You ordered a croissant, I even ask you what kind and you said plain". I say "Buddy, do you remember when I told you EGG and CHEESE and NO MEAT? What does that means to you?". He then says "But I asked you cheese or plain croissant". I said "So what? I thought you were giving me a choice of croissant to make my sandwich, seriously you never heard me when I said NO MEAT just eggs and cheese?".

TIM Hortons at Hurontario & Inglewood Drive (Mississauga)

I asked for a croissant with butter. Very simple. I saw a guy give this young girl my croissant and she put it on the side and started making sandwiches, wraps and other foods for other customers. After a long wait of about 7 or 8 minutes, she grabs my croissant, places it on a bag with a knife and 2 frozen little cups of butter for me to spread it. WTF? You made me wait 8 mins and you don't even put butter on my croissant? You want me to spread that frozen butter myself? So why keep me waiting for so long you idiot.

P.S. the butter cups were frozen and the butter was like trying to spread little balls of ice on bread, try it yourself. You are horrible Tim Horton's, and I blame YOU for pushing your employees to do 10 cars a minute, this is the reason why they don't put attention to orders, shame on you TIM HORTONS.
70 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13781 posts
8825 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Well, just don't go to Tim Hortons.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18662 posts
6714 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Well, just don't go to Tim Hortons.
Exactly. Coffee is crap and food as well. Why even give them your business after all these failed attempts? Also do you ever keep a copy of your receipt to prove what you ordered? A simple receipt would show them what you ordered.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44695 posts
7769 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Maybe they are having trouble hearing you because you have a tiny mouse voice. Kinda like the annoying ones that sound all mumbly and incoherent.

Especially since you had this happen twice in a row.
Probably an issue with the way you communicate to others.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4794 posts
400 upvotes
GTA
You get what u pay for
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5761 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
MusicBox wrote: The screwups and subsequent LYING by Tim Horton's employees is astounding. trying to blame customers for their screw-ups. These have happened recently;

TIM Horton's at Centre St/Dufferin (Vaughan)

I go through the drive-thru and asked for the same coffee I have asked in the last 15 years, a "triple-triple". This older lady (spanish or arab) takes my order and gives me a coffee, I taste it and its not even a double-double-, its a "regular". I go back to tell them its not a triple-triple, she says in an arrogant loud voice that its exactly what I ordered, I told her manager to take a sip and tell me if that was a triple-triple, the lady then says I ordered a regular, I told her not to be a liar, never in my life have I drank regular coffee.

TIM Horton's at Lakeshore/Leslie inside ESSO station near the now-extinct Burger King turned into Starbucks

I ordered a "croissant sandwich, egg and cheese ONLY, NO meat please". The young guy nods his head "yes" and asks me "plain or cheese croissant"? I say "plain". He then proceeds and gives me a croissant and says "next" to the customer beind me. I then say "Buddy where's my croissant sandwich?". He looks startled and says "You ordered a croissant, I even ask you what kind and you said plain". I say "Buddy, do you remember when I told you EGG and CHEESE and NO MEAT? What does that means to you?". He then says "But I asked you cheese or plain croissant". I said "So what? I thought you were giving me a choice of croissant to make my sandwich, seriously you never heard me when I said NO MEAT just eggs and cheese?".

TIM Hortons at Hurontario & Inglewood Drive (Mississauga)

I asked for a croissant with butter. Very simple. I saw a guy give this young girl my croissant and she put it on the side and started making sandwiches, wraps and other foods for other customers. After a long wait of about 7 or 8 minutes, she grabs my croissant, places it on a bag with a knife and 2 frozen little cups of butter for me to spread it. WTF? You made me wait 8 mins and you don't even put butter on my croissant? You want me to spread that frozen butter myself? So why keep me waiting for so long you idiot.

P.S. the butter cups were frozen and the butter was like trying to spread little balls of ice on bread, try it yourself. You are horrible Tim Horton's, and I blame YOU for pushing your employees to do 10 cars a minute, this is the reason why they don't put attention to orders, shame on you TIM HORTONS.
I can see that. I think:
- Tim Horton internal culture is not nice (some close people worked at different branches. I am not sure about HQ). Maybe since they been through US owned quality has been going down (since they don't make donuts on the spot, I hate their donuts). I think all this maximizing profit is taking toll on end-customers
- I don't mean to sound racist but I have recent realization that certain cultures make ego issues, when there is no issues. It maybe playing in with it, or could be stress. Managers are not really nice there.
- I had issues like that with me too - I went in and I said this is not what i ordered, i could tell they didnt like what I said. I said - its ok, I will buy another. They replaced it for free. Not a big deal, but disappointing for sure.
- I am much more health conscious now and really its v hard to find anything not extreme sugary there - they really need to fix their menus.
For Sale:
  • Powerful Constant Lights for Events / Photography
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1324 posts
129 upvotes
Dear god... I cannot imagine a triple triple... is there any trace of (already low) coffee aroma detectable at that point?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12229 posts
3386 upvotes
Op... you understand these are just minimum wage employees hired by the franchisee right ?

What are you upset about?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2034 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding
Last week I ordered an Ice-cap at the drive thru. It came out with a wet cup (like it'd been sitting in the fridge) and I got no napkin or straw, had to ask for this. Was more like an iced coffee slush with no hint of milk or cream. Will be making these myself now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13002 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Maybe they are having trouble hearing you because you have a tiny mouse voice. Kinda like the annoying ones that sound all mumbly and incoherent.

Especially since you had this happen twice in a row.
Probably an issue with the way you communicate to others.
To be fair, this is me at McDonalds and ONLY McDonalds.
Every fast food burger joint I have a similar order but only McDonalds screws up on a consistent basis.

This is why I love the fact that they have kiosks. My order accuracy rate went from like 10% to 95%.

Hell I once ordered 3 medium ice coffees and somehow got 4 small iced coffees.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1175 upvotes
ferkel wrote: You get what u pay for
My thoughts exactly . You are going to a coffe chain that is all about profit . The people available to work their hours is very low . So they are desperate to hire anyone willing to work for them . You get what you get from Tims . I always have low expectations of the chain and I am never dispointed .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: Exactly. Coffee is crap and food as well. Why even give them your business after all these failed attempts? Also do you ever keep a copy of your receipt to prove what you ordered? A simple receipt would show them what you ordered.
How would a receipt help? They will type what they think I said, not what I really ordered, so that receipt will only make them look good.

sexyj wrote: Op... you understand these are just minimum wage employees hired by the franchisee right ?

What are you upset about?
I hate it when people make excuses for low-wage earners that its okay for them to be incompetent and lazy because of the low pay, don't look for sympathy here, I used to make $4.50/hr working in Knob Hills Farms at age 15 unloading 53-ft long tractor trailers with hundreds of boxes and supervisors yelling at me that I had 20 mins left to finish. Or working at age 17 at $11 in heavy construction carrying bricks to masons and pulling wheelbarrows full of wet cement up ramps for 10 hrs a day. If the pay is low at Tmmie's then quit and go work in heavy construction for $35/hr lifting 100 lbs blocks of cement all day long.
Last edited by MusicBox on Dec 25th, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8205 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
EM_K19 wrote: Dear god... I cannot imagine a triple triple... is there any trace of (already low) coffee aroma detectable at that point?
this is the real highlight and wtf of this entire post.

OP would you like some coffee with your cream and sugar?
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12229 posts
3386 upvotes
LOL, then you are taking things too seriously. No wonder you wrote this thread.

Psssst, check the downvotes
MusicBox wrote: I hate it when people make excuses for low-wage earners that its okay for them to be incompetent and lazy because of the low pay, don't look for sympathy here, I used to make $4.50/hr working in Knob Hills Farms at age 15 unloading 53-ft long tractor trailers with hundreds of boxes and supervisors yelling at me that I had 20 mins left to finish. Or working at age 17 at $11 in heavy construction carrying bricks to masons and pulling wheelbarrows full of wet cement up ramps for 10 hrs a day. If the pay is low at Tmmie's then quit and go work in heavy construction for $35/hr lifting 100 lbs blocks of cement all day long.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8643 posts
2567 upvotes
Mississauga
AGREED! Tim Hortons sucks! I went to buy Gift Cards the other week and the woman made me feel like an inconvenience and that it was too busy! I looked behind me and there was only two people in line, with other cashiers open! Hallo, I'm giving you $500 in business for gift cards and you're telling me you're too busy!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5776 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
OP it sounds like you are very far removed from those lower wage jobs you had (per your examples) when you were younger. I think you should work a few weekend shifts at your local Tims for a while and I'm sure you'll make a few mistakes during that time, that the customer might be the one pointing out to you.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12076 posts
2222 upvotes
Mississauga
There's a screen when you order where you can verify that they're entering in the correct food/drink as per your specification. Or you could just stop going there. Their food and drink sucks.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18662 posts
6714 upvotes
Toronto
MusicBox wrote: How would a receipt help? They will type what they think I said, not what I really ordered, so that receipt will only make them look good.

I hate it when people make excuses for low-wage earners that its okay for them to be incompetent and lazy because of the low pay, don't look for sympathy here, I used to make $4.50/hr working in Knob Hills Farms at age 15 unloading 53-ft long tractor trailers with hundreds of boxes and supervisors yelling at me that I had 20 mins left to finish. Or working at age 17 at $11 in heavy construction carrying bricks to masons and pulling wheelbarrows full of wet cement up ramps for 10 hrs a day. If the pay is low at Tmmie's then quit and go work in heavy construction for $35/hr lifting 100 lbs blocks of cement all day long.
No I think the receipt would show triple triple but OP got regular coffee.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18662 posts
6714 upvotes
Toronto
No Frills wrote: OP it sounds like you are very far removed from those lower wage jobs you had (per your examples) when you were younger. I think you should work a few weekend shifts at your local Tims for a while and I'm sure you'll make a few mistakes during that time, that the customer might be the one pointing out to you.
I don't think this is an excuse. If you are not doing your job properly and getting orders wrong, there is a bigger issue. Can't say oh there are minimum wage so can't expect much.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5776 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: I don't think this is an excuse. If you are not doing your job properly and getting orders wrong, there is a bigger issue. Can't say oh there are minimum wage so can't expect much.
So what's the "bigger issue"? OP calls the front line employees incompetent. My argument is most other more-than capable people will still be making tons of mistakes in the same environment.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.