[Tim Hortons] Tim Hortons Mailer

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 6:08 pm
Tags:
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
Huz416647437 wrote: Man, living in an apartment building has been able to get me 10 of these. I'm not going to be using all of them and I'd like to give some away.
me too
May 14, 2008
480 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
They have donuts called PREMIUM donuts, that $3.49 coupon doesn't work.... gosh.......
ordered 6 chocolate eclair.... ended with $5.99
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
Tim Hortons baked goods are made at the Aryzta facility in Brantford. It's about 3,300 km from where I live -- why would I buy mass-produced factory products when there are local bake shops that sell fresh food?

It's terrifying that Tim Hortons is blanketing the *entire* country with these coupons.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6356 posts
5560 upvotes
retrothing wrote: Tim Hortons baked goods are made at the Aryzta facility in Brantford. It's about 3,300 km from where I live -- why would I buy mass-produced factory products when there are local bake shops that sell fresh food?

It's terrifying that Tim Hortons is blanketing the *entire* country with these coupons.
Well yes I agree it's better to support local smaller businesses and they probably have better tasting product's but I bet non of them are opened past 10pm plus they don't have a drive-thru, that's the convenience factor of timmys.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1374 posts
1038 upvotes
British Columbia
Can confirm, I've gone through drivethrough twice today, once for $1 Timbits and once for the BOGO chicken bacon wrap. Thumbs Up Sign Just said I had a scanable code and no questions were asked.
May 16, 2015
858 posts
246 upvotes
York, ON
CalgaryBen wrote: No. The $3.49 for 6 donuts is only applicable to "classic" and "specialty" donuts (regularly $5.99). The "Dream" donuts are excluded from the coupon (coupon even says "Excludes Dream Donuts") which go for $9.99 for 6 (at least at the locations I visit). Today one of my kids wanted a "Chocolate Truffle" donut (one of the "Dream" donuts) and I asked the employee if I could include one of them as part of my 6, and was told I couldn't (would then become 6 individually-priced donuts and then the coupon wouldn't have applied). I ended up getting a mix of 6 classic/specialty donuts (for $3.49), plus the dream donut on top.

QR Codes on my phone have worked at 3 different locations (at the cashier) so far without issue... smooth transactions in all cases. I can't see this changing... if anything, it's boosting sales (all 3 times I bought stuff I wouldn't have bothered buying without the coupon/promo).
Ya too bad :( those donuts wouldve made the deal way better.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6356 posts
5560 upvotes
I tried getting a QR code scanned but the attendant said he's been told not to accept QR codes on the phone and then asked to check my code and then starting scrolling through this thread without asking me if he can look through my phone.

This guy is so lucky it was late at night and I had no energy for that shit but damn that was disrespectful.

Second location I went to asked if I had a coupon and didn't say a thing when I showed the code on my phone.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: I tried getting a QR code scanned but the attendant said he's been told not to accept QR codes on the phone and then asked to check my code and then starting scrolling through this thread without asking me if he can look through my phone.

This guy is so lucky it was late at night and I had no energy for that shit but damn that was disrespectful.

Second location I went to asked if I had a coupon and didn't say a thing when I showed the code on my phone.
Finally caught us!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
Gtaphotog wrote: I tried getting a QR code scanned but the attendant said he's been told not to accept QR codes on the phone and then asked to check my code and then starting scrolling through this thread without asking me if he can look through my phone.
Why did you hand your phone to a store clerk??The scanners are on the counter in front of the customer. I *never* surrender my phone to anyone.

Some Tim Horton's have self-serve order stations. Can you scan the QR code on those? If so, you don't need to surrender the original coupon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6356 posts
5560 upvotes
retrothing wrote: Why did you hand your phone to a store clerk??The scanners are on the counter in front of the customer. I *never* surrender my phone to anyone.

Some Tim Horton's have self-serve order stations. Can you scan the QR code on those? If so, you don't need to surrender the original coupon.
Drive-thru.

The guy asked to see the code so I show him it and then he exists the image and starts scrolling through this chat.

I was too tired to do anything so I yelled at him and he said I asked to look at the code so in looking.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1374 posts
1038 upvotes
British Columbia
Gtaphotog wrote: Drive-thru.

The guy asked to see the code so I show him it and then he exists the image and starts scrolling through this chat.

I was too tired to do anything so I yelled at him and he said I asked to look at the code so in looking.
Figured this would happen. Thought it would be common sense to save code to photo gallery or open in new window so it wasn't a dead giveaway...
Oct 11, 2005
859 posts
1636 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Gtaphotog wrote: I tried getting a QR code scanned but the attendant said he's been told not to accept QR codes on the phone
I wonder what the POS system will do if we tell the attendant we have a Tims Rewards (loyalty) code on our phone to scan, but we instead scan the coupon code. I have no idea what the attendant taps just before a customer goes to scan a coupon or loyalty or gift card; if it's all the same button (and POS system does all the "thinking"), then maybe this strategy would work? I'd rather be able to scan the coupon and forfeit the rewards.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6356 posts
5560 upvotes
Karala wrote: Figured this would happen. Thought it would be common sense to save code to photo gallery or open in new window so it wasn't a dead giveaway...
I was using the single code photos that someone uploaded of each one on page 6 so by saving it I wouldn't have known which code corresponds to which item so I just opened the forums app and scrolled to the post while in the drive-thru.

Regardless if I saved the photo or not he was adamant to look around my phone which I never gave him permission to, if this wasn't late at night things would've gone differently for him.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4361 posts
1256 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
this is awesome, I want to give Tim Horton a big thank you! i will go out and buy these donuts and treats for my kids this weekend
Hi
Jul 15, 2019
156 posts
115 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Took screenshots of the coupons I wanted (thank you to the guy who did the HQ scan!!!) and the rep accepted it no problem. YMMV I guess.

One question. With everyone using/wanting these coupons, why so many downvotes???
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16019 posts
677 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Does anyone know/has anyone tried if you can redeem your free donut reward on the dream donut? I did try the coupon for the speciality donut but they told me its a different type of donut. I do want to try those dream donuts they look yummy.

For those that have tried the dream donuts, which one would you say is the best one?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Oct 11, 2005
859 posts
1636 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
33966 wrote: Does anyone know/has anyone tried if you can redeem your free donut reward on the dream donut?
If you're referring to the Tims Rewards, redemption will automatically go towards the highest-priced coffee/tea or baked good on your order, so the Dream Donut should qualify. See the FAQ.

If you have your loyalty/rewards card on your Tim Hortons app, you can also apply the reward to your mobile order and you'll immediately see it apply to the Dream Donut (value $1.99) or to some other eligible item of higher value (e.g. extra large coffee) on the order.
33966 wrote: I did try the coupon for the speciality donut but they told me its a different type of donut. I do want to try those dream donuts they look yummy.
If you're referring to the $3.49 coupon for 6 donuts (reg $5.99) -- that's right, it only applies to Classic and Specialty donuts, and excludes Dream Donuts (reg $9.99/6). (Dangit, I know way too much about TH now -- from responding to questions here, and doing some research!).
33966 wrote: For those that have tried the dream donuts, which one would you say is the best one?
I'm personally old and boring... I'll take an old fashion plain or glazed (formerly known as honey glazed) donut over the fancy sweet ones. My son liked the Chocolate Truffle, but it's all personal taste, I'd guess.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18587 posts
6626 upvotes
Toronto
The dream donuts were disappointing. I tried the Dulce and Strawberry, The Dulce is a sugar donut with very little Caramel inside. The Strawberry was a bit too sweet and crunchy due to the candies on top.