Expired Coupons

[Tim Hortons] Tim Hortons Mailer

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 6:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2648 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Morningside and sheppard cashiers will not allow mobile scan. Had to fight with them for it.
Last edited by AzNCrAzYcOoLeR on Jan 20th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2648 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
RoseTech wrote: And here's what it looks like when you scan at the Kiosk...
At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1396 posts
435 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
same scanner where you would scan your tim rewards app.

I order my item they tell me the price i put up my barcode to the scanner voila
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 17, 2017
2359 posts
1188 upvotes
Sgtalpowell wrote: They don't let you scan the QR code from your phone?
I think he was referring to Kiosk machines?

haven't seen any in my area that has them
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2648 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
Sgtalpowell wrote: They don't let you scan the QR code from your phone?
My friend went, they said physical coupon required. 10 min later I showed up to try. Walled up to cash but she was in the back. I scanned my coupon before she came to the till. It WORKS. Then i order and then the discount comes off. She goes wtf? She then asks me where's the coupon? I said what coupon? I scanned my tim card so it must be automstic or an app special?

Argued for 5 minutes with person 1 and Another 5 minutes with the 'supervisor' and she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it. I kept pressing it's not my problem, it's in the app! (It's not).

Anyways she then said to person 1, I don't have time to deal with this. Just do it.
Last edited by AzNCrAzYcOoLeR on Jan 20th, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2648 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
dairymandip wrote: same scanner where you would scan your tim rewards app.

I order my item they tell me the price i put up my barcode to the scanner voila
Weird, kept saying scan not recognized.... I'll try again.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: My friend went, they said physical coupon required. 10 min later I showed up to try. Walled up to cash but she was in the back. I scanned my coupon before she came to the till. It WORKS. Then i order and then the discount comes off. She goes wtf? She then asks me where's the coupon? I said what coupon? I scanned my tim card so it must be automstic or an app special?

Argued for 5 minutes with person 1 and Another 5 minutes with the 'supervisor' and she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it. I kept pressing it's not my problem, it's in the app! (It's not).

Anyways she then said to person 1, I don't have time to deal with this. Just do it.
At another location, I saw the staff tore up the paper coupon immediately after I gave it to the cashier.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it.
Sgtalpowell wrote: At another location, I saw the staff tore up the paper coupon immediately after I gave it to the cashier.
Lol typical franchisees just making up their own rules because they lose profits with each redemption. Like the Staples manager classic: "that's a hacked coupon code, we can't allow it." If you go up to cash it's a huge YMMV so be prepared to battle like @AzNCrAzYcOoLeR's friend. That's why I use the kiosk. No fuss.
Last edited by RoseTech on Jan 20th, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 6, 2018
1551 posts
1834 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RoseTech wrote: Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".



Lol typical franchisees just making up their own rules because they lose profits with each redemption. Like the Staples manager classic: "that's a hacked coupon code, we can't allow it." If you go up to cash it's a huge YMMV so be prepared to battle like @AzNCrAzYcOoLeR's friend. That's why I use the kiosk. No fuss.
I haven't seen a single Tims kiosk in Atlantic Canada. Looking forward to being able to avoid the servers.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2648 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
RoseTech wrote: Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".
Yeah not this kisok. Scanner didn't turn on until I got to the checkout screen. I tried the coupon but it said sorry we could not recognize your tims card. Tried 3 times. Cashier was giving me funny looks cause there was no line up.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Yeah not this kisok. Scanner didn't turn on until I got to the checkout screen. I tried the coupon but it said sorry we could not recognize your tims card. Tried 3 times. Cashier was giving me funny looks cause there was no line up.
Hmm, you're sure you were at the checkout ("Your Order") screen like in my pic?
I was using the high-res scan posted by @Angultra. Which coupon were you trying to redeem?
If I have time, I'll test them all.
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2005
858 posts
1636 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
aweawea wrote: I haven't seen a single Tims kiosk in Atlantic Canada. Looking forward to being able to avoid the servers.
Yeah, none out west, either. There seems to be very little information out there, but the latest I could find was an article in the Hamilton Spectator from October 2018 which stated "Self-service kiosks, which are already present at some locations in and around the Greater Toronto Area, will start to roll out more broadly early next year". But, 2019 has come and gone, and I suspect the roll-out hasn't really happened beyond the GTA...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
6342 posts
5550 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Yeah, none out west, either. There seems to be very little information out there, but the latest I could find was an article in the Hamilton Spectator from October 2018 which stated "Self-service kiosks, which are already present at some locations in and around the Greater Toronto Area, will start to roll out more broadly early next year". But, 2019 has come and gone, and I suspect the roll-out hasn't really happened beyond the GTA...
That "rollout" is still rolling out in the GTA then because I haven't really noticed them.
Jr. Member
Mar 6, 2008
100 posts
65 upvotes
Check your app for coupons. I received some of the same offers in the app.
Member
Jun 14, 2016
349 posts
138 upvotes
Calgary
So I used the muffin coupon and the cashier must have been new because she just gave it back to me :)

Went to another location to use the bagel and cream cheese coupon and somehow it came out to $1.90 (should have only been $1.04 max with tax). Somehow they were still charging for the cream cheese. Tried to play it off as tax...smh.
Sr. Member
Oct 11, 2005
858 posts
1636 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
missdiva wrote: Check your app for coupons. I received some of the same offers in the app.
Nice! Too bad it's a subset of the mailer coupons (I received 4 of them in my app), and an earlier expiry date (Jan 26), but I suspect they'll rotate/refresh these weekly in the app. At least you can do mobile orders, or scan loyalty card at POS, to get the deal. Being able to scan loyalty card makes me think it'll be hard for staff to enforce any kind of "give me the coupon" or "can't scan phone" rules. Downside to mobile orders (for the 6 donuts, anyway) is that you can't choose donuts (presumably it'll be clerk's choice).
AppCoupons.jpg
ActivatedCoupon.png
Banned
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
my local Tims accepted the deal without coupon! who knows
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!

Top