• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 6:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2641 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Morningside and sheppard cashiers will not allow mobile scan. Had to fight with them for it.
Last edited by AzNCrAzYcOoLeR on Jan 20th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2641 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
RoseTech wrote: And here's what it looks like when you scan at the Kiosk...
At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1326 posts
296 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
same scanner where you would scan your tim rewards app.

I order my item they tell me the price i put up my barcode to the scanner voila
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
2275 posts
1138 upvotes
Sgtalpowell wrote: They don't let you scan the QR code from your phone?
I think he was referring to Kiosk machines?

haven't seen any in my area that has them
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2641 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Sgtalpowell wrote: They don't let you scan the QR code from your phone?
My friend went, they said physical coupon required. 10 min later I showed up to try. Walled up to cash but she was in the back. I scanned my coupon before she came to the till. It WORKS. Then i order and then the discount comes off. She goes wtf? She then asks me where's the coupon? I said what coupon? I scanned my tim card so it must be automstic or an app special?

Argued for 5 minutes with person 1 and Another 5 minutes with the 'supervisor' and she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it. I kept pressing it's not my problem, it's in the app! (It's not).

Anyways she then said to person 1, I don't have time to deal with this. Just do it.
Last edited by AzNCrAzYcOoLeR on Jan 20th, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2641 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
dairymandip wrote: same scanner where you would scan your tim rewards app.

I order my item they tell me the price i put up my barcode to the scanner voila
Weird, kept saying scan not recognized.... I'll try again.
Banned
Dec 28, 2019
1021 posts
644 upvotes
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: My friend went, they said physical coupon required. 10 min later I showed up to try. Walled up to cash but she was in the back. I scanned my coupon before she came to the till. It WORKS. Then i order and then the discount comes off. She goes wtf? She then asks me where's the coupon? I said what coupon? I scanned my tim card so it must be automstic or an app special?

Argued for 5 minutes with person 1 and Another 5 minutes with the 'supervisor' and she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it. I kept pressing it's not my problem, it's in the app! (It's not).

Anyways she then said to person 1, I don't have time to deal with this. Just do it.
At another location, I saw the staff tore up the paper coupon immediately after I gave it to the cashier.
Feb 6, 2013
894 posts
1023 upvotes
Ontario
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: At which point do you do the scan? Got up to pay now and couldn't find a way to scan it
Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: she said the owner wants a reciept stapled with every coupon so that's why we can't do it.
Sgtalpowell wrote: At another location, I saw the staff tore up the paper coupon immediately after I gave it to the cashier.
Lol typical franchisees just making up their own rules because they lose profits with each redemption. Like the Staples manager classic: "that's a hacked coupon code, we can't allow it." If you go up to cash it's a huge YMMV so be prepared to battle like @AzNCrAzYcOoLeR's friend. That's why I use the kiosk. No fuss.
Last edited by RoseTech on Jan 20th, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1499 posts
1763 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RoseTech wrote: Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".

Lol typical franchisees just making up their own rules because they lose profits with each redemption. Like the Staples manager classic: "that's a hacked coupon code, we can't allow it." If you go up to cash it's a huge YMMV so be prepared to battle like @AzNCrAzYcOoLeR's friend. That's why I use the kiosk. No fuss.
I haven't seen a single Tims kiosk in Atlantic Canada. Looking forward to being able to avoid the servers.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2641 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
RoseTech wrote: Couldn't find a way? If you're on the checkout screen as in my pic, you just do it. The scanner turns on as soon as you wave something in front of it. You can scan anything and if it matches accepted codes, it adds it to the order. You can even scan your Tim's Rewards without having to actually hit "Scan Tims Rewards".
Yeah not this kisok. Scanner didn't turn on until I got to the checkout screen. I tried the coupon but it said sorry we could not recognize your tims card. Tried 3 times. Cashier was giving me funny looks cause there was no line up.
Feb 6, 2013
894 posts
1023 upvotes
Ontario
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Yeah not this kisok. Scanner didn't turn on until I got to the checkout screen. I tried the coupon but it said sorry we could not recognize your tims card. Tried 3 times. Cashier was giving me funny looks cause there was no line up.
Hmm, you're sure you were at the checkout ("Your Order") screen like in my pic?
I was using the high-res scan posted by @Angultra. Which coupon were you trying to redeem?
If I have time, I'll test them all.
Oct 11, 2005
782 posts
1517 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
aweawea wrote: I haven't seen a single Tims kiosk in Atlantic Canada. Looking forward to being able to avoid the servers.
Yeah, none out west, either. There seems to be very little information out there, but the latest I could find was an article in the Hamilton Spectator from October 2018 which stated "Self-service kiosks, which are already present at some locations in and around the Greater Toronto Area, will start to roll out more broadly early next year". But, 2019 has come and gone, and I suspect the roll-out hasn't really happened beyond the GTA...