• Jul 27th, 2021 3:05 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto

Tim Hortons | New Tims Cold Brew Coffee

It's smooth. It's velvety. It's Tims New Cold Brew Coffee. Try it today!

Sid and Dina try the new Timmies cold brew, made with 100% ethically sourced premium arabica beans.

Destiny is all
28 replies
Nov 8, 2010
92 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Tried this on Saturday, it's actually not bad. The cream vs coffee ratio is off though, too much of the vanilla sweet cream and it overpowered the coffee (though considering its Timmie's coffee, might not be a bad thing? lol). And with Timmie's usual inconsistency depending on who makes the drink, the flavour is gonna be all over the place.
Mar 31, 2011
451 posts
417 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
The funny thing, is that "cold brew" is just coffee that steeps for 12-24 hours, like a tea, but in room temp water. No special gizmos required. And yet Tim's is charging extra like their iced coffee.

Why is cold more costly to make than hot ?!?

BTW, in the U.S., their cold brew is available with Irish Cream flavoring. Yum.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
Blustreak wrote: The funny thing, is that "cold brew" is just coffee that steeps for 12-24 hours, like a tea, but in room temp water. No special gizmos required. And yet Tim's is charging extra like their iced coffee.
Tims cold brew steeping process is 16-hour with cold water

From their press release: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/t ... 83323.html

COLD BREW FAQ

Q: WHAT DOES COLD BREW TASTE LIKE?

A: Cold Brew has a uniquely smooth flavour that we perfected by developing a 16-hour steeping process with cold water. Guests can also order a Vanilla Cream Cold Brew, made with 100 per cent Canadian dairy, which has a sweet and creamy flavour.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3306 posts
1454 upvotes
Blustreak wrote: The funny thing, is that "cold brew" is just coffee that steeps for 12-24 hours, like a tea, but in room temp water. No special gizmos required. And yet Tim's is charging extra like their iced coffee.

Why is cold more costly to make than hot ?!?

BTW, in the U.S., their cold brew is available with Irish Cream flavoring. Yum.
Uh, because it takes more time?? They make less per hour so there's less of it. Obviously you don't know how businesses work.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2244 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
There is some guy meaning in agony under my window. I think they just got news of the cold brew and can’t wait to try it.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1917 posts
448 upvotes
Coffee needs to be hot, not cold that’s disgusting.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12148 posts
4977 upvotes
rotjong wrote: Coffee needs to be hot, not cold that’s disgusting.
???

I think the millions and millions of ice coffee drinkers would disagree LOL.

AC202 wrote: Tried this on Saturday, it's actually not bad. The cream vs coffee ratio is off though, too much of the vanilla sweet cream and it overpowered the coffee (though considering its Timmie's coffee, might not be a bad thing? lol). And with Timmie's usual inconsistency depending on who makes the drink, the flavour is gonna be all over the place.

Any idea of the sugar and calories?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
5182 posts
3474 upvotes
What's the verdict? Good or bad?
Nov 8, 2010
92 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
rotjong wrote: Coffee needs to be hot, not cold that’s disgusting.
Ummm, if you're talking about a hot coffee left cold, then yeah disgusting.

Cold brew coffee is an entirely different thing. Brewing coffee grinds slowly in cold water helps retain the natural flavour of the coffee, whereas a simple brew with hot water makes the coffee more acidic and bitter.
kool1 wrote: Any idea of the sugar and calories?
The regular one without the vanilla sweet cream is literally black coffee, so not much calories to speak of. But once you go for the cream version, that skyrockets way up loll
Mar 1, 2015
295 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote: What's the verdict? Good or bad?
Just get the regular ice coffee, or McD ice coffee, or brew your own
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12148 posts
4977 upvotes
AC202 wrote: Ummm, if you're talking about a hot coffee left cold, then yeah disgusting.
I actually don't mind that.

I have a bad coffee addiction LOL.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29422 posts
14910 upvotes
AC202 wrote: The cream vs coffee ratio is off though, too much of the vanilla sweet cream and it overpowered the coffee (though considering its Timmie's coffee, might not be a bad thing? lol).
I mean... you gotta hide the coffee somehow. Same reason why they're known for a double double since their black is undrinkable.
ateddybear wrote: Just get the regular ice coffee, or McD ice coffee
Not the same thing. Iced coffee is usually hot coffee that's been chilled.
The flavor is different since you're brewing with hot water, hence the name cold brew.
brew your own
While I typically belong in the "make it yourself" camp, there's a convenience factor.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2013
1362 posts
2099 upvotes
Saint John
I make my own cold brew coffee and tea at home. They are less acidic and less bitter, in my opinion. Better for my empty stomach, especially in the morning.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25154 posts
2330 upvotes
Markham, ON
I never understood why they have to fill the cup with so much ice...I prefer Starbucks...no ice

But again..it's easier to brew myself
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
9357 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: I never understood why they have to fill the cup with so much ice...I prefer Starbucks...no ice

But again..it's easier to brew myself
So they pour less liquid...profit..
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8636 posts
5592 upvotes
Mississauga
Ogata wrote: So they pour less liquid...profit..
This is why some fast food joints give you attitude when you ask for pop no ice.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29422 posts
14910 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: It's smooth.
You know that reaction when a non drinker drinks a drink from someone that's an alcoholic and basically coughs and says smooth in a weird voice?
That was my reaction.
This was the exact opposite of smooth. I actually recoiled when I tried my first sip. It was bitter covered in cream with a burnt aftertaste.

For $4 (for a large) I'd rather get 2x Ice hot brew coffee from McDonalds. Theirs isn't nearly as throat punchingly bitter.

Velvety my ass. This is as smooth as sandpaper and broken glass.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1560 posts
819 upvotes
I cant tell the difference between cold brew and iced coffee. they could interchange them and I would never know.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)