Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tim Hortons

Smile Cookies - $1 (100% Donation to Charities) - September 13-19

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 6:59 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA

[Tim Hortons] Smile Cookies - $1 (100% Donation to Charities) - September 13-19

Tim Hortons is back with their $1 Smile Cookies next week (September 13-19), with 100% of proceeds going to charities. Not a traditional 'deal' per se, but if you are buying cookies / looking to cure that sugar craving next week, why not help out local charities at the same time?

https://www.timhortons.ca/smile-cookie

21 replies
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
This and steeped tea are the only 2 great things at Timmies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
JACliffe wrote: This and steeped tea are the only 2 great things at Timmies
Their cold brew hasn't been too bad, though I feel it fluctuates between different locations
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3481 posts
3863 upvotes
Antarctica
JACliffe wrote: This and steeped tea are the only 2 great things at Timmies
It's just the regular chocolate chip cookie they sell with a new fondant on top.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
More like helping tims write off taxes? Just donate to those charities directly and you could write off your own taxes
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
yesstyle wrote: More like helping tims write off taxes? Just donate to those charities directly and you could write off your own taxes
But then you wouldn't have a cookie
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Sep 8, 2010
361 posts
917 upvotes
Calgary
You can see this about every restaurant these days, as long as it tastes good
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5770 posts
7830 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Everytime I see the word "Donation"

It means your giving dinero's to a CEO. Not for the actual cause
May 1, 2007
269 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote: More like helping tims write off taxes? Just donate to those charities directly and you could write off your own taxes
Isn't this baloney well debunked?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
a_L13 wrote: Isn't this baloney well debunked?
not sure

any tax experts here?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2443 posts
2978 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
+1 OP.

A couple years ago, I posted about DQs miracle treat day and got downvoted a lot. Rfd is a tough crowd.
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
Crichtonfan wrote: It's just the regular chocolate chip cookie they sell with a new fondant on top.
I know. I was a baker there and making so many killed my hands.
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
As an ex baker there the person who made that one used fondant that was too hot. Also, as someone who buys a bunch now cause I love the idea the ones that look derpy are the best. Makes me laugh and brightens up the day.
Feb 22, 2018
522 posts
908 upvotes
gta
chilli604 wrote: Everytime I see the word "Donation"

It means your giving dinero's to a CEO. Not for the actual cause
100% in this case goes to charities. They can use it as a writeoff but people don't seem to understand how writeoffs work. They eat the cost of making the cookies and don't save anywhere near what they would when making $1 each
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: It's just the regular chocolate chip cookie they sell with a new fondant on top.
nah its better, something about it. they taste better, fresher maybe?
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
One of the few things they sell that actually tastes good.

…and the ones with one messed up faces make me smile more
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
JACliffe wrote: 100% in this case goes to charities. They can use it as a writeoff but people don't seem to understand how writeoffs work. They eat the cost of making the cookies and don't save anywhere near what they would when making $1 each
It's not really that simple. Tim Horton's donates to "local charities" like it's local Timbits program, which in turn buys uniforms and buys donuts/refreshments from Tim Hortons -- which local TH profit from. The same "scam" is done with McDonald's and the Ronald's house program. It's a complicated web of in-kind kick backs, sourcing goods through the parent company, and using accumulated funds to advertise their charity works instead of actually doing anything meaningful.

Just buy a damn cookie somewhere, and donate directly through a charity that isn't bullcrap.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2058 posts
38 upvotes
Since this is an RFD thread, if you buy at least six Smile Cookies, you pay no taxes. If you buy five (> $4), you pay 13% HST. If you buy 1-4 or <= $4, you pay 5% GST.

Cookies, cakes, muffins, pies, pastries, tarts, doughnuts, brownies and croissants with a sweetened filling or coating, and similar products are taxable if: they are prepackaged for sale in quantities of fewer than six single servings. In other words, buy at least six Smile Cookies for charity instead of giving any money to Justin Trudeau or Doug Ford! Winking Face
Last edited by eBuddy on Sep 15th, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.