Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 5:20 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
331 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

Just came back from my local Tim Hortons and they are promoting the new Tim Hortons reward card.

There are two deals here - 1) free reward after every 7 purchases and 2) instant free reward when you register your card on the mobile app

Per Tim Horton's terms and conditions
1. Registration Offer: To participate in this Registration Offer, you must first complete a Program Registration. Next, if you visit a participating Tim Hortons® location in Canada, complete a purchase that is greater than $1.50 CAD (excluding applicable taxes and including any applicable discounts) between March 20, 2019 and July 31, 2019 using: (i) a code generated through your Account using the Website, Google Pay or Apple Wallet; (ii) the App; or (iii) by presenting your Physical Card at the time of purchase, you will be credited with having completed an “Eligible Purchase for Registration Offer” for the purposes of this Registration Offer, subject to your compliance with the Program Terms.

For the physical card, once you download the app, the steps are:
1) Click settings (the three horizontal stripes on the top left)
2) click Tims Rewards and input your card number
3) Make a purchase

Then you should see that your account has been updated for one reward (essentially it is a BOGO deal

Edited per t&c, sorry for the confusion
Images
  • 1F1307E7-F65B-430E-93F3-65C8551ADE05.jpeg
  • A6ED2A57-96C2-46AF-B7E3-5192979459B2.jpeg
  • F80A7739-4F02-48E5-91E6-D26D801FC5EA.jpeg
Last edited by between on Mar 21st, 2019 8:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
209 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11062 posts
2011 upvotes
Receive your first free reward after you register and make a purchase of more than $1.50.
jeffersonalan wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:18 pm
Registered card.....no freebie.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Jun 21, 2016
177 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if I had to register the card first before making the purchase.

I saw the card when I was at Tim's and made a purchase, scanned the card prior to registering it. I don't see any rewards in my app... But I do see that I have 1/7.
Not discounted over 50%? Then I guess it's not worth buying 😁
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
331 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
I've updated the original post for instructions with setting up the card in the app

I am not completely clear about the terms but what I did was purchase a donut (99 cents), the employee scanned the card for me, then I went back home and downloaded the app and registered the card. I don't believe there is a minimum purchase as I did not read that on the packaging of the rewards card.

Hopefully some people can try this and let me know if it works for them too
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
331 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
SoundlessWalker wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:29 pm
I wonder if I had to register the card first before making the purchase.

I saw the card when I was at Tim's and made a purchase, scanned the card prior to registering it. I don't see any rewards in my app... But I do see that I have 1/7.
How did you register the card? Did you do it in the app as described in the steps here :
1) Click settings (the three horizontal stripes on the top left)
2) click Tims Rewards
3) input your card number, press submit

After this, where you see you have 1/7, there is a small icon on the top right showing 1 reward
Nov 18, 2017
17 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
between wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:32 pm
I've updated the original post for instructions with setting up the card in the app

I am not completely clear about the terms but what I did was purchase a donut (99 cents), the employee scanned the card for me, then I went back home and downloaded the app and registered the card. I don't believe there is a minimum purchase as I did not read that on the packaging of the rewards card.

Hopefully some people can try this and let me know if it works for them too
Taken from the FAQ at the bottom of https://timhortons.com/timsrewards/ Image
Aug 27, 2012
352 posts
296 upvotes
Calgary
Registered the card but haven’t made a purchase yet and no reward.
Jun 7, 2017
866 posts
1980 upvotes
New Brunswick
I wish they would've pulled a McDonald's and gave us retroactive rewards; too much to ask I guess lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
5619 posts
553 upvotes
Ottawa
They should’ve promoted the deal without a physical card or register online for an e-card to prevent all this waste of plastic. Most folks would be fine with having it all digital.
May 22, 2016
201 posts
81 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:56 pm
They should’ve promoted the deal without a physical card or register online for an e-card to prevent all this waste of plastic. Most folks would be fine with having it all digital.
you don't need the physical card. Update the app, then using the link in this thread you get an email, and you have the option of opening the email in the app. I just made my first purchase, and it shows I've completed my first purchase towards the 7 I need for an award.
Jun 7, 2017
866 posts
1980 upvotes
New Brunswick
jeeva86 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 2:56 pm
I dunno...the mobile order line at the Tims I frequent is almost always empty; meanwhile the cashier line is exceeding the front door.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
331 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
SS76SS wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:00 pm
you don't need the physical card. Update the app, then using the link in this thread you get an email, and you have the option of opening the email in the app. I just made my first purchase, and it shows I've completed my first purchase towards the 7 I need for an award.
The deal I am mentioning is you get one free reward instantly when you register the physical card. Without the physical card, you don't get this extra "bonus"