Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 5:20 pm
Mar 6, 2015
353 posts
133 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
If you sign up multiple accounts, basically bogo until July 31?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9743 posts
2382 upvotes
fyi as of this post, if you redeem your free item as an mobile order, it counts as a +1 towards the 7 purchases, so its really buy 6 get a free drink as of now.
Jan 21, 2019
58 posts
146 upvotes
Any idea on what you can ACTUALLY get as a reward? I don’t drink tea or coffee, but I do like their French Vanilla.

When asking, I was told I could redeem it on “anything”. So when I tried to redeem for a FV, I was told I had no rewards to redeem. Presumably because a FV is not one of the rewards?

They definitely need to upskill their colleagues a little better I feel!
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9743 posts
2382 upvotes
djmilesno1 wrote: Any idea on what you can ACTUALLY get as a reward? I don’t drink tea or coffee, but I do like their French Vanilla.

When asking, I was told I could redeem it on “anything”. So when I tried to redeem for a FV, I was told I had no rewards to redeem. Presumably because a FV is not one of the rewards?

They definitely need to upskill their colleagues a little better I feel!
coffee , tea, cookie, donut, maybe a few other small bakery items, no FV, no bagels.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5759 posts
3729 upvotes
Toronto
rocking23nf wrote: coffee , tea, cookie, donut, maybe a few other small bakery items, no FV, no bagels.
Did not work on iced coffee either. 🤷
Apr 17, 2015
276 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I prefer double dipping mcds. Every 7 drinks you get two free medium drinks.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3955 posts
1115 upvotes
GTA
rocking23nf wrote: fyi as of this post, if you redeem your free item as an mobile order, it counts as a +1 towards the 7 purchases, so its really buy 6 get a free drink as of now.
It seems to be the same thing in-store. I went this morning and it auto-redeemed the promotional reward I had on my account and it also gave me a +1 to the visit count.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1897 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote: It seems to be the same thing in-store. I went this morning and it auto-redeemed the promotional reward I had on my account and it also gave me a +1 to the visit count.
Somewhere in the terms it said rewards can count as 1 of the 7. Same with free items i.e. roll up the rim winners.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3015 posts
1110 upvotes
Scarborough
Essentially it is BOGO and in comparison better than McDonalds but you need to register a new card each and every single time on your mobile. Ahh well still worth it for a BOGO
Mar 23, 2004
39292 posts
5262 upvotes
Markham
davy wrote: I registered my reward card to my app...but didn't receive any reward? is it auto redeem on my next order?
Wow, i keep getting the "trouble connecting" error :mad:
ips1177 wrote: got a physical tim's card this week....I don't use apps so I've been trying to "log in" on their website in order to register my card all week. Absolutely piss-poor website. Says its having trouble connecting...wow, let down.

https://timhortons.com/timsrewards/
same here.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5452 posts
2357 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: Wow, i keep getting the "trouble connecting" error :mad:

same here.
Try register with your phone instead with the app.

Checked what work with the rewards and what is not:

No working:
- iced cap
- iced coffee

Works:
- Danish
- muffin
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9335 posts
2279 upvotes
Scarberia
so when u login, u only need a valid email address. then it sends u a code u gotta input into the app... what if someone is able to change your email addy , they can get ur account access..i think this way is too hackable! they should change how u login to the app!
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Mar 3, 2011
61 posts
17 upvotes
spongewen wrote: Any one trying to use mobile order through the app but didn't get recognized as "purchase" or get the free reward?
Finally, mystery solved! Nothing wrong with the app or reward card. It is that specific Tim Horton store! I tried other two stores with the same order, I can see it in the purchase history when I login to the website with my reward card.