Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2019 6:05 pm
Feb 9, 2018
236 posts
154 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 5:43 pm
you don't need any card or anything.
Yeah. this is true. I downloaded the Tim app from android store for the first time 3-4 days ago. Made the first purchase in store and scanned the bar code in app. It had marked 1/7. Today made another purchase and it automatically applied a free reward to lowest priced item (a small coffee) on my bill. Now it says, 2/7 done. No need to get a physical card.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1234 posts
658 upvotes
Calgary
rocking23nf wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 3:49 pm
coffee , tea, cookie, donut, maybe a few other small bakery items, no FV, no bagels.
I get half FV half coffee every morning. This is very disappointing that it wouldn’t be included. Oh well...
Jul 29, 2007
176 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what happens if I have a reward available and I go buy a combo? Does the reward get applied?
Mar 6, 2015
278 posts
107 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
RobinHou wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 12:36 pm
Normally I buy Tim Hortons coffee two times a day but I won't get the card because I think my privacy/habit is more important than a free coffee.
They just need an email address, no other info needed ...
Nov 16, 2014
159 posts
43 upvotes
Ladysmith, BC
There is no need to use the app or even sign up online . Just get a physical card and scan it when you make a purchase. Rewards are automatic. There is no privacy issue.
Feb 24, 2017
185 posts
60 upvotes
Pingu99 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 1:05 pm
There is no need to use the app or even sign up online . Just get a physical card and scan it when you make a purchase. Rewards are automatic. There is no privacy issue.
I would do that as I don't trust the app and its online ordering. I got money taken from my account without a purchase. Fortunately, I used a Tim card instead of my credit card.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9386 posts
958 upvotes
GTA
If I am going to pay with the Tim's card do I need to first scan the rewards card and THEN scan the tim's card on the app? I thought I could just scan the tim's card and it would take payment and do reward but it doesn't look like it works that way. I am on hold with customer service and they can't seem to answer that basic question so if anyone can confirm how the process works that would be appreciated.
May 8, 2001
412 posts
159 upvotes
YLSF wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 4:05 pm
If I am going to pay with the Tim's card do I need to first scan the rewards card and THEN scan the tim's card on the app? I thought I could just scan the tim's card and it would take payment and do reward but it doesn't look like it works that way. I am on hold with customer service and they can't seem to answer that basic question so if anyone can confirm how the process works that would be appreciated.
Yes at store you need to do both. Scan to pay just acts like you were paying with physical gift card it doesn't associate anything with your account other than the balance. You could theoretically save the screenshot or print out the barcode and it would still work as a gift card (assuming the cashier accepts).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1680 posts
679 upvotes
Ontario
One more card in my wallet. I wish they could make them smaller.
Feb 18, 2018
383 posts
566 upvotes
I was wondering why I have a reward already have not added a physical card yet even
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9523 posts
2106 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2019 6:09 pm
I was wondering why I have a reward already have not added a physical card yet even
if you use the mobile app there is no need for a card, I have never used a card, or even touched the physical card, one my app was updated, I simply spent 1.50 and you get a free reward.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6991 posts
1581 upvotes
ya after a while the free reward gets posted to your app account! mine suddenly popped up, i have prevously bought a couple times and never got the free reward yet...so can we get a free XL coffee? or its only medium like mcDs
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1109 posts
309 upvotes
1. Registration Offer: To participate in this Registration Offer, you must first complete a Program Registration. Next, if you visit a participating Tim Hortons® location in Canada, complete a purchase that is greater than $1.50 CAD (excluding applicable taxes and including any applicable discounts) between March 20, 2019 and July 31, 2019 using: (i) a code generated through your Account using the Website, Google Pay or Apple Wallet; (ii) the App; or (iii) by presenting your Physical Card at the time of purchase, you will be credited with having completed an “Eligible Purchase for Registration Offer” for the purposes of this Registration Offer, subject to your compliance with the Program Terms. If you complete one (1) Eligible Purchase for Registration Offer in compliance with the Program Terms, during your next visit of a participating Tim Hortons® location in Canada, you will be eligible to receive, upon presentation of your Physical Card, Digital Card or redemption through the App, either: (a) one (1) hot brewed coffee or hot tea (steeped or specialty bagged but excluding tea based lattes) beverage of any size (S, M, L or XL) (excluding modifiers (e.g. expresso or whipped toppings)) (a “Registration Offer Beverage Reward”); or (b) an individual baked good (subject to availability in the showcase at the applicable participating Tim Hortons® location) (excluding bagels or timbits®) (a “Registration Offer Baked Good Reward”) (collectively, the Registration Offer Beverage Rewards and Registration Offer Baked Good Rewards will be referred to as the “Registration Offer Rewards”).You may choose to receive either a “Registration Offer Beverage Reward” or “Registration Offer Baked Good Reward”, and may select your beverage or baked good of choice subject to the availability of eligible beverages or baked goods in-restaurant at the time of redeeming the Reward. In the event you order more than one (1) eligible beverage or baked good, the Registration Offer Reward will be applied to the highest priced item.In the event you order an eligible beverage or baked good in a combination meal, the Registration Offer Reward will be applied and the other two items will be charged at each item’s individual price. In the event you order a combination meal as well as one or more a la carte eligible beverage or baked good items the Registration Offer Reward will be applied to the highest priced eligible beverage or baked good item outside of the combination meal. Exact beverage or baked good selection, and menu items and kitchen hours may vary by restaurant.All Rewards must be redeemed within 120 days of earning such Reward.Redemption of such Reward transaction counts as an “Eligible Purchase for First Offer”.

2. First Offer: If you visit a participating Tim Hortons® location in Canada, complete a purchase that is greater than $0.50 CAD (excluding applicable taxes and including any applicable discounts) on or after March 20, 2019 using the App or by presenting your Physical Card at the time of purchase, you will be credited with having completed an “Eligible Purchase for First Offer” for the purposes of this First Offer, subject to your compliance with the Program Terms. There is a limit of one (1) Eligible Purchase for First Offer per person and per Card per 30 minute period. If you complete seven (7) Eligible Purchases for First Offer in compliance with the Program Terms, during you next visit to a participating Tim Hortons® location in Canada, you will be eligible to receive, upon presentation of your Physical Card, Digital card, or redemption through the App, either: (a) one (1) hot brewed coffee or hot tea (steeped or specialty bagged but excluding tea based lattes) beverage of any size (S, M, L or XL) (excluding modifiers (e.g. expresso or whipped toppings)) (a “First Offer Beverage Reward”); or (b) an individual baked good (subject to availability in the showcase at the applicable participating Tim Hortons® location) (excluding bagels or timbits®) (a “First Offer Baked Good Reward”) (collectively, the First Offer Beverage Rewards and First Offer Baked Good Rewards will be referred to as the “First Offer Rewards”).You may choose to receive either a “First Offer Beverage Reward” or “First Offer Baked Good Reward”, and may select your beverage or baked good of choice subject to the availability of eligible beverages or baked goods in-restaurant at the time of redeeming the First Offer Reward. In the event you select more than one (1) eligible beverage or baked good, the First Offer Reward will be applied to the highest priced item. In the event you order an eligible beverage or baked good in a combination meal, the First Offer Reward will be applied and the other two items will be charged at each item’s individual price. In the event you order a combination meal as well as one or more a la carte eligible beverage or baked good items the First Offer Rewards will be applied to the highest priced eligible beverage or baked good item outside of the combination meal. Exact beverage or baked good selection, and menu items and kitchen hours may vary by restaurant.All Rewards must be redeemed within 120 days of earning such First Offer Reward.Redemption of such First Offer Reward transaction also counts as an “Eligible Purchase for First Offer”.