Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2019 6:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6978 posts
1578 upvotes
so it can be XL coffee...also any danish or muffins?
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 17, 2014
536 posts
91 upvotes
Pardon my ignorance, but are we supposed to pick up a card at Timmies?
Mar 23, 2004
37763 posts
3977 upvotes
Markham
mikka2017 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 7:42 am
i was told that they should work, sandwiches won't though sadly.
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
Jul 13, 2013
645 posts
322 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 7:42 am

Can confirm it works for an XL coffee. I used my reward for one today. Thank you McDs for the competition, it made Tim’s step it up.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4993 posts
349 upvotes
Has anyone used the reward on a (plain) latte or cappucino?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9169 posts
2172 upvotes
If I use the CIBC rewards, would that qualify for the $1.50 minimum required or you need to actually pay? (sorry if it has been covered in the thread already)
Apr 18, 2017
202 posts
96 upvotes
Can someone explain to me how I can redeem? I’ve had many purchases and have about 2 rewards but how to I get them. Every time I ask the cashier they say I don’t have any
Jan 21, 2019
38 posts
56 upvotes
hockeyfan1990 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 2:18 pm
Can someone explain to me how I can redeem? I’ve had many purchases and have about 2 rewards but how to I get them. Every time I ask the cashier they say I don’t have any
What are you trying to buy with it?
Dec 3, 2008
405 posts
56 upvotes
Hamilton
1_blue_pixel wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 5:43 pm
Garbage app. Works absolutely fine at home but of course when I'm in line I get "bad network" with both WiFi and data.

Screenshot_20190326-143226.jpg
you have to press forget on wifi then restart
kevv
Aug 3, 2004
176 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
So pissed off...the reward somehow screwed me again. The latest issue...I scan my reward point card at the counter and was ask if I wanted to use my reward...I declined. so I paid for my coffee....guess what you don't get points for your fudging purchase!
Jan 21, 2019
38 posts
56 upvotes
davy wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 2:53 pm
So pissed off...the reward somehow screwed me again. The latest issue...I scan my reward point card at the counter and was ask if I wanted to use my reward...I declined. so I paid for my coffee....guess what you don't get points for your fudging purchase!
You should, otherwise you’d never be able to get more than 1 reward.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9169 posts
2172 upvotes
How do I redeem the reward? It shows 1/7 purchases and "1 reward" top right of the circle. Do I have to tell the cashier I'm redeeming and they will scan it to make it free?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2313 posts
614 upvotes
Calgary
well after reading a few posts, im kind of annoyed. the tims i go to said i cant accumulate more than 1 reward at a time so the lady redeems it everytime i hit my reward. >:|
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2150 posts
1145 upvotes
Prince George
dnyc wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 1:57 am
well after reading a few posts, im kind of annoyed. the tims i go to said i cant accumulate more than 1 reward at a time so the lady redeems it everytime i hit my reward. >:|
Yes, it’s like the 7-Eleven program in that respect. Each have their pros and cons.

Tim’s: any purchase counts (not just drinks), can redeem for a variety of things, but can’t stack rewards. Only one point per visit, regardless of how much you buy.

McD’s: Only hot drink purchases count, can redeem for only medium hot drinks, but can stack rewards for later and can get more than one point per visit. Also double dip with the physical stickers.

7-Eleven: only drink purchases count, can only redeem for drink purchases, can’t stack rewards and they are auto redeemed. You’re using your reward whether you like it or not, if you scan your card and your purchase includes a drink. But their freebies and cheap drinks (combos, refills etc.) count towards rewards. Includes hot or cold drinks.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2313 posts
614 upvotes
Calgary
cheaper_than_cheap wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 2:17 am
Yes, it’s like the 7-Eleven program in that respect. Each have their pros and cons.

Tim’s: any purchase counts (not just drinks), can redeem for a variety of things, but can’t stack rewards. Only one point per visit, regardless of how much you buy.

McD’s: Only hot drink purchases count, can redeem for only medium hot drinks, but can stack rewards for later and can get more than one point per visit. Also double dip with the physical stickers.

7-Eleven: only drink purchases count, can only redeem for drink purchases, can’t stack rewards and they are auto redeemed. You’re using your reward whether you like it or not, if you scan your card and your purchase includes a drink. But their freebies and cheap drinks (combos, refills etc.) count towards rewards. Includes hot or cold drinks.
my issue is that once i've earned 1 reward, i don't want to use it right away. i want to continue to accumulate but the tims i go to forces me to redeem my 1 reward. from what others posted, you can continue to earn points and save your rewards to use at a later time.