Expired Hot Deals

[Tim Hortons] Tim Horton's Free coffee/ tea or baked good reward with register of card and purchase over $1.5

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 5:20 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2203 posts
1261 upvotes
Prince George
dnyc wrote:
Apr 8th, 2019 3:26 am
my issue is that once i've earned 1 reward, i don't want to use it right away. i want to continue to accumulate but the tims i go to forces me to redeem my 1 reward. from what others posted, you can continue to earn points and save your rewards to use at a later time.
I went and read the fine print here: https://www.timhortons.com/timsrewards/ ... onditions/

It seems unclear. They do say there is a limit of 5 rewards stacked at a time per person, which you could achieve by buying only items not available as rewards. The wording for redemptions says after 7 purchases you “will be eligible to receive” a reward, which sounds kind of optional, but I was under the impression the optional part was only whether or not your order included a reward item. I thought the system auto applied the reward if so. But I could be wrong.
Jan 2, 2018
407 posts
344 upvotes
What is with the iced coffee discrimination in rewards programs at both Tims and Mcdonalds. And why is Iced Coffee more expensive? When I worked there in high school it was just day old coffee left in the fridge. It should even be less since it woulda been thrown out anyway.
Oct 28, 2015
181 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
use Tim's Mobile app to order and pay items. It has an option to let you not to use the reward for a purchase.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
2015 posts
317 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Hi, has anyone that is using the actual reward card (non digital) lose their reward points? I was suppose to get my 7th point today and it went to 1 out of 7! I did not redeem a reward or was asked to redeem at anytime prior to this scan. I bought a hot chocolate and it showed 1 out of 7 scans TR. The lady said this happened to someone else earlier. Esso gas station Tims at Church and Dundas downtown Toronto location. I feel a bit annoyed.
Apr 4, 2017
853 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone had issue with app? I had 6 or 7 rewards and now it says 0. I did not get free coffee?

It's line glitz in the app?
Feb 18, 2018
444 posts
608 upvotes
Kind of annoyed you can’t redeem for Hot Chocolate. I don’t drink Coffee or Tea
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2176 posts
440 upvotes
went to 3 timmies, 2 of them ran out of loyalty cards already lol
found them at a smaller one
bought 1 coffee, registered and my next visit i got a L one for free :)
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1392 posts
824 upvotes
Calgary
Nothing but bad experience with this so far. When I get a receipt at Tims it shows two rewards. Tried to redeem on a donut (first a premium+, then just a premium one for $1.19). Neither case allowed for a redemption to happen. The manager came and berated me that the computer is right and I had no rewards on my account. Asked them to print a receipt at the end and of course it showed two rewards but neither would redeem. Either the staff don’t know what they’re doing or the system is glitchy, I guess.
Dec 5, 2012
176 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered the new $1.99 double fudge brownie and my reward was auto redeemed. It didn't occur to me those would be eligible.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1141 posts
195 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
ordered a small coffee and it automatically redeemed my reward for that w/o asking. had i knew i would have ordered something bigger. another brother of airmile i guess. thats why i like sdm points, sdm is pricey but their points system is smarter, transparent
May 28, 2007
625 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
My problem is I used app to order food and already earned two rewards from the app automatically. I linked a plastic card thought I can consolidate all rewards together, but it has wiped off the previous rewards that I earned and replaced by this new card! SDM, Starbucks all can use multiple cards but consolidate to one main reward account (like email account)...
Jun 5, 2011
38 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
1st timer wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:46 pm
How do you add a tim card to "register" it? It asks for a 12 digit number but the tim card is a 16 digit number? (tried adding just the first 12 digits, no dice).
Me too. Does anyone know how to deal with this? I received an eCard and it has 16 digits. Surely someone out there in RFD nation would know this....
Oct 28, 2015
181 posts
99 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
bigchalupa wrote:
Jun 28th, 2019 8:36 am
Me too. Does anyone know how to deal with this? I received an eCard and it has 16 digits. Surely someone out there in RFD nation would know this....
what you got is most likely a Tim card (not Rewards card). You can transfer the card balance to your Tim Horton account by Balance Transfer.
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
645 upvotes
8 days left for the free reward when you register your card in the app.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4728 posts
1141 upvotes
Vancouver
so i have like 4 rewards accumulated. how do i start redeeming them?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)