Hot Deals

Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Smile Cookies - $1 (Sep 19-25, 100% goes to charity)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2022 11:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24403 posts
196077 upvotes
GTA

[Tim Hortons] Tim Hortons Smile Cookies - $1 (Sep 19-25, 100% goes to charity)

The Tim Hortons Smile Cookies ($1 ea) are back for 2022 (Sep 19-25) with 100% of the proceeds going to local charities.

My local Tim's prices the individual regular cookies at $1.29, so a bit of a discount in that respect, plus the $1 goes to support charities.

Not a bad way to solve a sweet tooth craving next week...
67 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1087 posts
1042 upvotes
An SM POST circulated widely a week or two ago revealing that in many cases, Tim Hortons franchise owners ask High School volunteers looking for hours or "strongly encourage" their employees to take unpaid time to make these cookies.

Similar to Bell Let's Talk...up to you as an RFDer to support the corporate charity machine you deem worthy. Not really a Hot Deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
1612 posts
4123 upvotes
North York ON
kronos288 wrote: An SM POST circulated widely a week or two ago revealing that in many cases, Tim Hortons franchise owners ask High School volunteers looking for hours or "strongly encourage" their employees to take unpaid time to make these cookies.

Similar to Bell Let's Talk...up to you as an RFDer to support the corporate charity machine you deem worthy. Not really a Hot Deal.
Do they make them in the store? I thought all of the baked goods are made off site.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6959 posts
8793 upvotes
The NORTH
kronos288 wrote: An SM POST circulated widely a week or two ago revealing that in many cases, Tim Hortons franchise owners ask High School volunteers looking for hours or "strongly encourage" their employees to take unpaid time to make these cookies.

This. Such a scummy thing to do. It shows you how much they actually support charity when their answer to charity is to ask for ppl to work for free.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6959 posts
8793 upvotes
The NORTH
Keith1411 wrote: Do they make them in the store? I thought all of the baked goods are made off site.
They put the icing on at store level.
Mar 11, 2014
134 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Tim hortons is in essences the same as every scumbag multinational that parades itself as a canadian staple. There is no place in my life for million- billion dollar company tax right offs in my name.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1954 posts
2441 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
toguy wrote:
My local Tim's prices the individual regular cookies at $1.29, so a bit of a discount in that respect, plus the $1 goes to support charities.
Lol. My Tims bumped these to 1.29 even though the screen behind them is saying a dollar.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6959 posts
8793 upvotes
The NORTH
Bigboy16 wrote: Lol. My Tims bumped these to 1.29 even though the screen behind them is saying a dollar.
Maybe they couldn't find anyone to give them free labour too decorate the cookies so they had to pay people and are recouping the cost? Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 25, 2018
45 posts
62 upvotes
Wow I paid $2 each for these at Fifty Rd Tim's in stoney creek this morning because I didn't know any better.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7733 posts
4396 upvotes
Montreal
They tasted better than in previous years, less stiff cookie.

The order screen showed $1.29 per cookie, but I was charged $6 total for 6 cookies.

No taxes on orders of 6 or more cookies, so it made sense to order 6.
VirginPlus 📱 / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink 🖨️
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10945 posts
5028 upvotes
Vaughan
Bigboy16 wrote: Lol. My Tims bumped these to 1.29 even though the screen behind them is saying a dollar.
Maybe the employee didn't know there was a promo price, and punched in regular cookie, resulting in $1.29?
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10945 posts
5028 upvotes
Vaughan
Keith1411 wrote: Do they make them in the store? I thought all of the baked goods are made off site.
Depends how you define made?

Many locations receive the different items frozen and then the location bakes them.

Even something like Old Fashion Plain donuts, which you may think is fried, is actually received frozen and baked in store.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
6959 posts
8793 upvotes
The NORTH
kenchau wrote: Depends how you define made?

Many locations receive the different items frozen and then the location bakes reheats them.

Even something like Old Fashion Plain donuts, which you may think is fried, is actually received frozen and baked reheats in store.
Fixed that for you. Par baked / flash frozen offsite then reheated in a steam oven locally.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5398 posts
4856 upvotes
BC
The icing or glaze is put on at the store, but other than that, it's thaw and serve. Same with donuts, muffins etc.

"Always fresh" whereby fresh means not rotten I guess.
Oct 25, 2017
834 posts
851 upvotes
Increased to $2 in Hamilton, apparently because food banks are empty, was $1 each on Monday. I’ll probably just donate directly to food banks instead of taking part in this now.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1658 posts
732 upvotes
London
American owned company (most people already know this). I guess they get co-op students from highschools to make the cookies. Apparently they lose a bunch of money when they have this charity, so whatever lol. Their coffee is still horrible compared to what it used to be.
Jun 8, 2012
423 posts
598 upvotes
Ottawa
I paid $2 each. $2.30 with tax.

Claiming to support charity is so slimy it's more like Tim's is the charity here...

The Human Fund lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15133 posts
19114 upvotes
Toronto
mumbles wrote: American owned company (most people already know this).
Not for a few years.

Tim Hortons is owned by Restaurant Brands International (RBI), a Canadian-American multinational fast food holding company with global head office in Toronto

Tim Hortons is run independently from RBIs other brands (Burger King, Popeyes, Firehouse Subs)

Tim Hortons unveils new downtown Toronto head office inspired by its Canadian roots

3G Capital, a Brazilian-American multibillion-dollar investment firm owns around 30% of RBI.
Last edited by Dhanushan on Sep 21st, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny is all

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Matthew905