Locked: Tim Horton's vs. McDonald's Coffee

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 9:04 am
Jan 24, 2015
485 posts
462 upvotes

Tim Horton's vs. McDonald's Coffee

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let all of you know that in BC/Vancouver when you order a small coffee you will pay the following at each location:

Tim Horton's = $1.62
McDonald's = $1.88

That's an extra 26 cents per cup at McDonald's for the same size cup.

Even with the 8th cup free at McDonald's with the stickers you end up paying an extra 26 cents for 7 cups. That works out to $1.82. So you are basically paying for your 8th cup.

In contrast, Tim Horton's will give you a free cup on your 8th purchase, making it better value than McDonald's.

Don't be fooled by McDonald's.
Thread Summary
McDonald's coffee is actually $1.54, not $1.88 making it $0.06 cheaper than Tim's.
111 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
If you walk into Starbucks and get a tall, it rings up at $2.10... but unlike TH and McCafe, if you're a Starbucks Rewards member you get unlimited refills on that coffee. Two talls is already more coffee than a venti.

For even better value, get a cold brew iced coffee as your refill instead... so you're getting a free $3 drink as a refill for your $2 drink (and can get multiples of those!)

Only brainwashed Canadian morons go to Tim's.
Aug 10, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
I would rather pack my colon full of gunpowder and squat over a campfire than drink the coffee from Tim Horton's.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
DoubleJ5 wrote: Hey Guys,
I'd rather pay extra for coffee that doesn't have to be hidden behind cream and sugar.

EDIT: Plus if I'm snacky and/or hungry I can get something that isn't an absolute dumpster fire.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto

I just wanted to let all of you know that in BC/Vancouver when you order a small coffee you will pay the following at each location:

Tim Horton's = $1.62
McDonald's = $1.88

Even with the 8th cup free at McDonald's with the stickers you end up paying an extra 26 cents for 7 cups. That works out to $1.82. So you are basically paying for your 8th cup.

In contrast, Tim Horton's will give you a free cup on your 8th purchase, making it better value than McDonald's.

Don't be fooled by McDonald's.
1.88 for mcd small ? In gta, that’s the price for medium size and free refill (at certain outlets) Then yes, I agreed you got fooled.

Also, why would anyone pay $1.62 in the first place to have such awful coffee ?
Jan 24, 2015
485 posts
462 upvotes
booblehead wrote: 1.88 for mcd small ? In gta, that’s the price for medium size and free refill (at certain outlets) Then yes, I agreed you got fooled.

Also, why would anyone pay $1.62 in the first place to have such awful coffee ?
I didn't get fooled, I am the one warning people t save their money
Apr 9, 2018
52 posts
116 upvotes
Not being fooled, drink only McDonald's because it tastes way better.

Cheers.
May 19, 2010
569 posts
251 upvotes
Guelph
I rarely drink coffee but when I do, McDonalds no doubt has the better tasting coffee in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2019
235 posts
468 upvotes
Tim Horton's has the worst coffee ever.

I'll still buy 12 and resell on ebay.
Dec 3, 2004
865 posts
2649 upvotes
Id pay more than that for mcdonalds. Best tasting coffee. TIm Hortons is watered down crap.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
MCD got 1.99 for small coffee and muffin, buying 20 set to flip the muffin for a $1 each that way i will come out on top
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
... you okay?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I'd rather pay extra for coffee that doesn't have to be hidden behind cream and sugar.
Plus if I'm snacky and/or hungry I can get something that isn't an absolute dumpster fire.

BUT!
The real LPT is in the comments.
If you want a hot deal on coffee, brew your own at home.
$2 for a coffee is ridiculous.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
DoubleJ5 wrote: I didn't get fooled, I am the one warning people t save their money
How are you saving money when the coffee is undrinkable? You pay your $1.62 to get a cup of sweetened sludge that you might as well carry into the washroom and dump into the urinal... bypass the middle steps and save yourself the displeasure of having to taste that crap and having it go through your system.
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Aug 11th, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this a war?
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12573 upvotes
Markham
I feel(might be wrong) macdonalds small is bigger than tim Hortons small size?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes

Tim Horton's = $1.62
McDonald's = $1.88

I am also in Vancouver so I decided to see what a small coffee would cost.

So you're not only getting shit coffee at Tim's, but you're also overpaying by $0.06.

Who is being fooled now?

EDIT: HOLY Image size batman!

EDIT: Full disclosure. I'm taking OP's word on Tim's being $1.62 since I have no way of verifying this without putting on pants.
That price may very well be wrong since their price for McDonald's was also wrong.
Last edited by death_hawk on Aug 11th, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2018
1119 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
If you have the app why are you paying full price? Most of my colleagues and me have been paying seniors price or $1 for any size for almost half a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
They're both junk. Grind your own. You'll be drinking better coffee and spending less.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes

*cough*

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)