Expired Hot Deals

[Timbuk2] End of Season Clearance Sale Until End of July - Up To 50% Off + 10% On Top!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 2:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto

End of Season Clearance Sale Until End of July - Up To 50% Off + 10% On Top!

Expiry:
August 1, 2017
Retailer:
Timbuk2
NOTE: You can check the website for what's available, generally anything on sale is considered old or out of season, but the price on the website is in USD and the Toronto store operates in CAD and not a direct conversion either. You have to call or email in for the pricing.

Starting this Saturday, June 24, select styles and colours are up to 50% off. The sale will run through until the end of July while quantities last.

On Saturday and Sunday, the first 20 customers on each day will receive a free gift with purchase.

UPDATE: Ride to the shop for an additional 10% off your purchase (show your helmet at checkout).

All clearance items will be final sale: no returns, no exchanges, and no price adjustments.

For availability you can call (416) 979-3030 or email torontostore@timbuk2.com. Unfortunately they don't do hold during clearance sales.

There's a store on Queen Street in Toronto you can go in and try on and check out the styles in person.

For anyone outside of Toronto, they offer a $10 flat rate shipping across Canada.

I used to work there but still love all their stuff. If anyone has any questions about the older models (not so much new ones) I may be able to assist. Stock levels will require a call or email to the store.
Last edited by vtse on Jun 22nd, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Feb 4, 2007
473 posts
302 upvotes
It's $10 flat rate shipping across Canada?! That's actually amazing... time to upgrade my crap luggage.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
Mysticode wrote: It's $10 flat rate shipping across Canada?! That's actually amazing... time to upgrade my crap luggage.
Yep, they pretty much lose on shipping but it makes for one of the better shipping options for a small shop.

EDIT: shipping for ALL items is $10 now, they've updated since I was there which is awesome!
Last edited by vtse on Jun 22nd, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
Paymethemoney wrote: Interested. Any nice laptop bags? Nothing too patterny.
First, question would be size of your laptop?

Second, shoulder bag or backpack?

Third, do you like several pockets or just larger pockets?

Applies to anyone with same type of inquiry, that'll help us recommend bags.
Oct 31, 2006
557 posts
123 upvotes
vtse wrote: First, question would be size of your laptop?

Second, shoulder bag or backpack?

Third, do you like several pockets or just larger pockets?

Applies to anyone with same type of inquiry, that'll help us recommend bags.
Size of laptop is 13" nothing too big. I am interested in a shoulder/messenger bag that I can take to work.

I am indifferent in the number of pockets.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
Paymethemoney wrote: Size of laptop is 13" nothing too big. I am interested in a shoulder/messenger bag that I can take to work.

I am indifferent in the number of pockets.
If it's available during the sale, my first recommendation would be the small Command Messenger. Adjustable in sizing really quick (was designed for cyclist), looks formal enough for work (designed for office use), and has enough pockets for everything you need to carry and the laptop compartment is separate and fully padded.

The Commute Messenger is almost identical to the Command, just less pockets would be big difference. Slightly cheaper and little less premium feeling.

If there's old colours for the Proof Messenger, that's their high end model with the leather trims. On sale, definitely worth it for the aesthetics. Much simpler in pocketing.
Last edited by vtse on Jun 22nd, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13256 posts
4353 upvotes
Ottawa
so basically everything that's on the website is also on sale with a similar discount in Canada?

http://www.timbuk2.com/sale
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: so basically everything that's on the website is also on sale with a similar discount in Canada?

http://www.timbuk2.com/sale
I can't verify if it's the exact same nor does the Toronto store have all the stock seen online, but it may be a similar discount. Best to either call or shoot an email about what you're looking for.
May 30, 2011
925 posts
1275 upvotes
Thanks, OP. Still using my Timbuk2 Sutro Messenger Bag - 2 years strong! Bought the Sunset Messenger Bag last year, but haven't used it. What bags do you recommend that's similar to the Sutro or Sunset?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
sli723 wrote: Thanks, OP. Still using my Timbuk2 Sutro Messenger Bag - 2 years strong! Bought the Sunset Messenger Bag last year, but haven't used it. What bags do you recommend that's similar to the Sutro or Sunset?
I was in the era of the Sunset Collection which has been phased out now. I'm sure they're new stuff has that similar lightweight shoulder bag. The basic one going to their Classic Messenger - the main benefit being made with tarp, otherwise what you have is pretty solid.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
Updated OP but for a little extra discount you'll have to work for an additional 10%, ride to the store on a bike and receive 10% off by showing a helmet at checkout. I assume scooter or skateboards will apply just the sale. Or... if you walk with a helmet on.
Apr 6, 2017
652 posts
1089 upvotes
The worst customer service and lifetime warranty in the business. They charge you a processing fee for the warranty. Takes them two weeks to respond to each and every email. Then when they fix your bag it takes three months.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2103 posts
1228 upvotes
Toronto
tfong010 wrote: The worst customer service and lifetime warranty in the business. They charge you a processing fee for the warranty. Takes them two weeks to respond to each and every email. Then when they fix your bag it takes three months.
It's not the best, but from what I remember their service department is tiny and given it's a lifetime warranty, you can imagine how many requests they get. Bags from 10-15 years ago could call in their warranty as long as it's got that Timbuk2 logo on it. It's a double edged sword - great for you, but that's why it takes so long to process when there may just be 1 or 2 people repairing possibly hundreds of bags. Yes, 3 months is a long time and I'd be pretty upset too, but that's just some context as to why that may be.

Otherwise, the processing fee is reimbursed I believe if it's covered under warranty. It's just a weird process they use you have to buy a shipping label and they'll refund you if it's covered.

I mean... just take in the fact these bags are used for 10-15 years and still just repaired instead of replaced.