39 posts
66 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario

Timbuk2 Toronto Store - 30-50% off End of Season Sale

Savings:
30-50%
Retailer:
Timbuk2
They set-up today for their end of season sale. They have a few good deals, with some popular bags 30% off.

I got the Especial Tres for $180 w/ tax (30% off). Usually $220 at MEC before taxes.

Robin Pack - 50% off
assorted mesenger bags - 30-50% in bins
Especial messenger, backpacks - 30% off

multiple other asst. end of season bags on sale, asst. styles, and one-offs.

Didn't see any panniers on sale.
NOTE: Everything on sale, is final sale. no returns/exchanges.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1854 posts
627 upvotes
TO
A big big warning that quality is subpar for Timbuk2 products, and the lifetime warranty is borderline a scam: you have to pay 25 USD for Timbuk2 to take a look at your bag and decide whether they fix it under the warranty and refund the amount or say the damage is your fault and keep the 25 USD (see https://www.timbuk2.com/products/9901-25-repair-fee). It also takes 6-8 weeks because it has to go all the way to San Francisco and back. If you can bring it back to the store they'll ship it for you free of charge, but if not you get to eat the shipping too. See https://www.timbuk2.com/pages/warranty-repairs. There is no way to tell in advance, and damages from Timbuk2's low quality standards are not guaranteed to be deemed covered by the warranty. The repairs done are subpar as well, and there are lots of unhappy campers.

I'm sad that this brand turned into overpriced hype, caveat emptor.
Last edited by TheWalrus on Jun 30th, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Apr 6, 2017
660 posts
1102 upvotes
I agree 100% with the person above. The quality is truly terrible and the customer service is non existent. They will repair but it will take months and they charge you even though it’s “free”. It’s a piss poor company.
Nov 12, 2016
254 posts
215 upvotes
tfong010 wrote: I agree 100% with the person above. The quality is truly terrible and the customer service is non existent. They will repair but it will take months and they charge you even though it’s “free”. It’s a piss poor company.
That's too bad, who would you recommend now? Personally I love my messenger from them but I got it at a significant discount.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13292 posts
4386 upvotes
Ottawa
hmmm, too bad if the warranty is mostly useless. I still like their designs though for a lot of bags, it's the right combination of casual/urban for my use. Too many bags look too dressy or too casual.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Apr 6, 2017
660 posts
1102 upvotes
We have been buying our bags from MEC. They have an excellent warranty and sometimes when they are clearing things out they have some deals. Also outside of their own brand they carry lots of other top brands.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21444 posts
2268 upvotes
Quality now seems to be poor, my roller luggage has been on perhaps 12 trips and looks terrible. As my Timbuk2 bags wear down I've been replacing with Peak design and Briggs and riley. Cost is higher yes, but the quality is as well. And both brands have true lifetime warranties for functionality.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2011
39 posts
66 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
TheHolyThief wrote: Do you recall if Robin Light was 50% off?
Yeah I think so, there was some sort of Robin, might have been normal only.
Apr 6, 2017
660 posts
1102 upvotes
Briggs and Riley is hands down my choice. After using Tumi and American Tourister. It’s the most durable and the best warranty.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2011
39 posts
66 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I definitely wouldn't buy luggage or something from them, but in terms of their high end bags, courier, and messenger (especial series, bruce, tuck, robin, clark) they are pretty good value for what you get. I'm looking at similar 40L bike-friendly bags and most are 20-30L for $300+

They have great looks, and I haven't ever had to bring them in for warranty, and I use my bags daily for bike commuting - and with the 30% sale that's a great deal. I'd overlook if you're looking for a lower end messenger, or luggage or something. There's tonnes of other brands, but at the same time this brand has gotten big and outgrown themselves, don't expect hand-holding in their warranty or replacement services they've outgrown that aspect. If you're looking for a nice big bag, with a nice look, and decent technical abilities for a competitive price that isn't garbage quality, these are good in my opinion.
Aug 21, 2011
833 posts
220 upvotes
Can't speak for the warranty but I've had one of their messenger banks for several years and it still looks pretty close to new, been very happy with it. Not sure if quality changed or something.
Mar 7, 2011
633 posts
481 upvotes
Lots of negative feedback here. I just wanted to say I love my timbuk2 bag. Best messenger bag I ever saw.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2892 posts
2407 upvotes
I own a Timbuk2 backpack which I got for $100 (regular $200) during one of the 50% off sales. Easily the best backpack I own (albeit a bit heavy). I take that to all my trips abroad. Can't speak to the warranty but I believe the reviews which state it's crappy cause you have to pay a deposit first. But the quality I think (at least in my case) is great.