Off Topic

Is it time to shut down social media?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 1:38 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1366 posts
1125 upvotes
airmail wrote: Is it time to shut down social media to slow the craze? Temporarily go back to tv and radio.
Not at all, crazy is good. Look, some people commit suicide because of being attacked on social media. All kinds of insane behaviors are born out of social media. Sexting, blackmail, etc. Why would you want to stop all those good and healthy behaviors? It is nice to see young kids being so F up. It should be swell when they'll be older. Fortunately for me I only have a few decades left among you so go crazy!
The rising sun is like a beating heart.

Time will cease to exist when there won't be a soul left in the Universe.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8088 posts
4477 upvotes
Alberta
airmail wrote: Is it time to shut down social media to slow the craze? Temporarily go back to tv and radio.
Yes, ban Trump from Twitter and we'll be ok.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3811 posts
1442 upvotes
The most common problem I see is that people and opinions get misunderstood everyday (Twitter in particular).

For example, a celebrity posts a more-or-less neutral opinion, and before you know it, there is a controversy because 10,000 people misunderstood the comments as offensive. And they start arguing with another 10,000 people who think the context of the opinion is different, therefore, not offensive.

A big waste of time. Not conductive to meaningful discussion.

At least Mr. Trump is consistently offensive and stupid ALL the time.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19065 posts
2025 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Time to shut down your eyeballs and mind.

I haven't watched any of the Covid19 updates or protests coverage for a week. Watching some Marty and Moog instead. Thank god they haven't addressed any of the shit show on their channel.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9043 posts
2899 upvotes
Hell yea especially twitter
Discomfort is your friend