[Timex] Timex Marlin Automatic Snoopy watch $299

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 2:15 am
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3517 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best price on the non Snoopy Automatic Marlin? $300 minus 15% = $255? Or does it get cheaper than that?
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3517 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:20 pm
Imagine if 95% of the sales was RFD and it's other RFD members that want it, this increasing the market price of the watch. It's like RFD literally created its own demand for this watch. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

In any case, good luck to those who bought it to resell.
Timex has proven that they will manufacture more of this watch at will, or maybe they are just sitting on a bunch of inventory, slowly releasing it to create scarcity. I'd expect it to be restocked by holiday season 2019, if not earlier. That should lower some of the silly Ebay prices. Buy it if you like it but buying this to resell probably isn't the smartest plan.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6657 posts
2086 upvotes
Mississauga
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:26 am
Timex has proven that they will manufacture more of this watch at will, or maybe they are just sitting on a bunch of inventory, slowly releasing it to create scarcity. I'd expect it to be restocked by holiday season 2019, if not earlier. That should lower some of the silly Ebay prices. Buy it if you like it but buying this to resell probably isn't the smartest plan.
My thoughts exactly. I didn't pick one up, as I recently bought a couple of Citizen watches that I had been eyeing for a while. Buying to re-sell isn't really my thing, but I swear, sometimes some items don't seem that big of a deal, but RFD effect seems to create a quasi-demand. This kind of feels like one of those cases, hence my good luck comment. :)
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3517 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:31 am
My thoughts exactly. I didn't pick one up, as I recently bought a couple of Citizen watches that I had been eyeing for a while. Buying to re-sell isn't really my thing, but I swear, sometimes some items don't seem that big of a deal, but RFD effect seems to create a quasi-demand. This kind of feels like one of those cases, hence my good luck comment. :)
Well, it sold out on the US site too, so it probably goes beyond RFD. Lots of pent up demand from people wanting to buy this watch since last November. But nothing is stopping Timex from restocking it this week, next week etc. If it constantly sells out, common sense says that Timex will just manufacture and release more ASAP.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8052 posts
1499 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:18 am
What's the best price on the non Snoopy Automatic Marlin? $300 minus 15% = $255? Or does it get cheaper than that?
I think 15% off for the newsletter signup is about as good as you'll get.

The Bay had them at 30% off about 2 weeks ago, but that was an very uncommon sale which happens maybe twice per year. I recall it was around Black Friday last year, so maybe November before it happens again. The Timex Marlin falls under their 'Timex Boutique' category which is normally in the fine print excluded from their weekly sales, along with the higher end swatch brands Hamilton/Tissot/Longines/Rado/etc.

If you sign up for the Timex.ca newsletter, they will later send out offers of 20% / 25% / 30% off, but those coupon codes usually exclude Marlins.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12885 posts
3517 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:47 am
I think 15% off for the newsletter signup is about as good as you'll get.

The Bay had them at 30% off about 2 weeks ago, but that was an very uncommon sale which happens maybe twice per year. I recall it was around Black Friday last year, so maybe November before it happens again. The Timex Marlin falls under their 'Timex Boutique' category which is normally in the fine print excluded from their weekly sales, along with the higher end swatch brands Hamilton/Tissot/Longines/Rado/etc.

If you sign up for the Timex.ca newsletter, they will later send out offers of 20% / 25% / 30% off, but those coupon codes usually exclude Marlins.
Good to know, thank you. I just got an open box Orient Bambino 2 so I can wait. Would be very interested if I can get a Marlin at $200 or less.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6657 posts
2086 upvotes
Mississauga
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:48 am
Good to know, thank you. I just got an open box Orient Bambino 2 so I can wait. Would be very interested if I can get a Marlin at $200 or less.
I would suggest waiting for a Bay promo code that can sometimes be higher than the 15%. Even higher if you have a Bay card. There is a Bay promo thread in Hot Deals to monitor - don't have the thread link handy. But plenty of time, since you are in no rush.
Dec 23, 2002
373 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:48 am
If you can wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Timex.ca offered 30% off site wide last year.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1907 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 10:16 am
Agree with what you are saying but I think you mean to say masochism, rather than hedonism.
Yes I did. Drunk posting is fun posting.
Oct 24, 2018
151 posts
132 upvotes
Received my watch today, thanks UPS for just leaving it sitting outside of my door even though I was home.
Jan 25, 2012
2 posts
VANCOUVER
Just received today, don’t like it, anyone Vancouver area still want it? Will let it go with original price.
Sep 16, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
You still have this available? Interested!
Sep 16, 2014
8 posts
2 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
413326 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2019 10:44 pm
Just received today, don’t like it, anyone Vancouver area still want it? Will let it go with original price.
You still have this available? Interested