• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 10:13 am
[OP]
Dec 1, 2008
466 posts
175 upvotes
Windsor

Timing of this year's stock clearance of Minivans

Anyone know approximate month when it is a good time this year's minivans go on clearance sale (or when did it occur last year if not know for this year - any dealers here?) as we are looking into getting a new one but this year's model (or even last years if any left). Thanks for all your input!
4 replies
[OP]
Dec 1, 2008
466 posts
175 upvotes
Windsor
Also, anyone here have a chrysler pacifica for the past few years and had a honda/toyota minivan prior to that and can tell us which you like better and why? (From what I hear, the pacifica's are pretty good now (compared to dodge caravans) and are comparable to quality/durability of honda odyssey/toyota siennas?? (Is this true for those that have owned all these type of vehicles or know of someone who does?) THANKS as this will help in our decision process :).
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1357 posts
1212 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
If considering the FCA/Dodge/Chrysler minivan, you can be even more confident with the KIA Sedona.

Also, the Grand Caravan is finally being discontinued. Should be excellent deals coming up here with those.

Replacing the Dodge Caravan is the Chrysler Voyager, which is exactly a Pacifica, but "basic". Seems like it really is just the lower trims of Pacifica given the "Voyager" model name. Not even badge engineered to be under the Dodge brand anymore (which seeks to be seen as strictly "muscular" or "masculine").
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1235 posts
840 upvotes
TDot
m2m wrote: Also, anyone here have a chrysler pacifica for the past few years and had a honda/toyota minivan prior to that and can tell us which you like better and why? (From what I hear, the pacifica's are pretty good now (compared to dodge caravans) and are comparable to quality/durability of honda odyssey/toyota siennas?? (Is this true for those that have owned all these type of vehicles or know of someone who does?) THANKS as this will help in our decision process :).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2009
5222 posts
3649 upvotes
Ontario
m2m wrote: Also, anyone here have a chrysler pacifica for the past few years and had a honda/toyota minivan prior to that and can tell us which you like better and why? (From what I hear, the pacifica's are pretty good now (compared to dodge caravans) and are comparable to quality/durability of honda odyssey/toyota siennas?? (Is this true for those that have owned all these type of vehicles or know of someone who does?) THANKS as this will help in our decision process :).
As far as the Grand Caravan is concerned the last production runs usually clear out the parts bins and tend to be higher trim levels to get best margins. Our local dealer has bulk purchased 80 GT's which they are asking $33,888 for - almost double what I paid for my 14 CVP new.

2021 Kia Sedona has great looks for a minivan.