Shopping Discussion

Tims Rewards - most frustrating loyalty program ever

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 4:47 pm
Nov 25, 2002
219 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
dxbender wrote: For anyone playing the NHL TH game, do those points you earn ever expire? I know the rewards do like free donuts and coffee, but not sure about the points.
They stopped giving out points then moved to useless coupons like free donut with 50c purchase, free coffee with $1 purchase, etc.

I had like 5 donut and 6 coffees with purchases expire. That shows how much I go to Tims.

Only now Conference finals if u guess 2 or more goal scorers correctly you can get a free donut or coffee since there is only 1 hockey game a night.
Jan 4, 2008
526 posts
234 upvotes
Mississauga
hlfire wrote: They stopped giving out points then moved to useless coupons like free donut with 50c purchase, free coffee with $1 purchase, etc.

I had like 5 donut and 6 coffees with purchases expire. That shows how much I go to Tims.

Only now Conference finals if u guess 2 or more goal scorers correctly you can get a free donut or coffee since there is only 1 hockey game a night.
But do the points accumulated beforehand just stay on your account? I'd hate to have the points run out when I have a few free meals.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1297 posts
1028 upvotes
Halifax
I just got a free coffee on the app for my birthday !!!

This program is the best !
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1988 posts
553 upvotes
Toronto
They are copying Starbucks with their latest app promo.

I got buy 2 drinks and a breakfast sandwich for 100 pts.

I will never buy a breakfast sandwich in a million years, nevermind from Tim Hortons. I even had an offer of a free one from Starbucks and never went and got it Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Mar 6, 2015
537 posts
200 upvotes
Center of the univer…
I have 50 pts for a mobile order of $1.50 or more. Only once a week though.
Oct 8, 2020
141 posts
231 upvotes
Ottawa
I tend to only load my card $5 at a time and there's been several times where it's literally taken 20 minutes for the money to come off my Visa and onto my Tim Card. I tend to load it as I'm walking to Tims and it defeats the purpose if it doesn't instantly load. I actually really like Tims instant coffee, tastes the same (or better) than Tims and you can get jars of it on sale for under $5. Speaking of which, I bought Tim Hortons instant French Vanilla and there's a film on it every time. As for food at Tims, I only eat it if I'm desperate and in a jam. I feel the quality has been getting worse over the years and it's only going to get worse. The only thing I buy from Tims is french vanillas.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4334 posts
1884 upvotes
I hate Tim Ho but you've obviously never dealt with PC Optimum
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2443 posts
2045 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
ilove wrote: I hate Tim Ho but you've obviously never dealt with PC Optimum
I mean when it works PC Optimum is great, when it doesn't it's a pain in the neck.
DUCA credit union member
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1297 posts
1028 upvotes
Halifax
Has anyone won anything in this Tim's contest ?

My husband read the small print and believes you cannot use he app to order.
That you have to order via Drive thru and then present your rewards app to them and THEN it would be credited.

We typically order before we leave the house on the app. That way we don't have to pay or deal with pinpad issues and it is usually faster.
He feels that you cannot win a free coffee that way.

What do you think ? Has anyone won one ?
A fan of RFD
Oct 8, 2020
141 posts
231 upvotes
Ottawa
rdiamond1 wrote: Has anyone won anything in this Tim's contest ?

My husband read the small print and believes you cannot use he app to order.
That you have to order via Drive thru and then present your rewards app to them and THEN it would be credited.

We typically order before we leave the house on the app. That way we don't have to pay or deal with pinpad issues and it is usually faster.
He feels that you cannot win a free coffee that way.

What do you think ? Has anyone won one ?
I read the fine print last night and your husband is right, you don't qualify for the contest for mobile orders. I thought Tims was trying to get people to mobile order, now they're doing the complete opposite through this contest.