• Jun 19th, 2018 1:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3364 posts
939 upvotes
Ancaster

Tips for scratches to leather steering wheel cover

Anyone got any advice to lessen scratches in the leather on a steering wheel cover.

My truck was in at the dealer for work and when I got it back there were scratches in the leather on the steering wheel cover. I'm surprised at how annoying the scratches feel while I'm driving.

Spoke to the dealership about it but they said their mechanic denied doing it, said they were pre-existing....

I've applied a good quality leather conditioner called "Blackrock" that I found out about on the forums and it has helped a little.

I've read some people using really fine grit sandpaper, Mr Clean Magic Eraser etc but I'm worried about really buggering up the steering wheel cover.

4 replies
Feb 7, 2017
181 posts
221 upvotes
Keep using conditioner on it. Within a couple of months it will “smooth” out and you won’t be able to feel it anymore with a finger pass. The scratch will still remain though.

Another option is to have an automotive upolestory shop fix it. I paid about 130$ to have my steering wheel done and it’s back to the OEM condition.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3364 posts
939 upvotes
Ancaster
Thanks for the info MOBB.
Feb 6, 2018
122 posts
36 upvotes
Just buff it with a good leather conditioner. I like using Lexol because it won't leave a greasy feel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3364 posts
939 upvotes
Ancaster
Thanks Ronthan…..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)