Wheels and Tires

Tire plugging in the GTA

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2020 8:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Nov 18, 2004
452 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto

Tire plugging in the GTA

Hi I have a tire that appears to have a screw in the tread, however the tire is not leaking air yet. the garage at the end of my street is completely booked solid - does anyone have any recos on where else i can go to get it repaired? The tires were bought a costco originally about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
29410 posts
15207 upvotes
Toronto
any shop can do this. Just drive around in your neighborhood. Active Green Ross has so many locations that you can probably just pop in when they open first thing in the morning.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2008
4961 posts
1841 upvotes
barold wrote: Hi I have a tire that appears to have a screw in the tread, however the tire is not leaking air yet. the garage at the end of my street is completely booked solid - does anyone have any recos on where else i can go to get it repaired? The tires were bought a costco originally about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks!
Anywhere that is a garage that does tires ... its a max $25+taxes job! Makes no difference where its plugged.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
16542 posts
18101 upvotes
Oakville
barold wrote: Hi I have a tire that appears to have a screw in the tread, however the tire is not leaking air yet. the garage at the end of my street is completely booked solid - does anyone have any recos on where else i can go to get it repaired? The tires were bought a costco originally about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks!
Get a DIY kit from Canadian Tire. It's pretty easy to do and safe as long as the screw isn't in the side of the tire.
If you're not up for it, I'm sure you can find someone on Kijiji to do it for about $20.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
16448 posts
5151 upvotes
London
If you bought the tires from Costco, they do free repairs. Also free road hazard insurance if the tire can't be repaired.
Just make an appointment
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3168 posts
806 upvotes
Vaughan
If the tire isn't leaking, the screw might not have gone through the tire. I've pulled out many screws over the years that haven't gone through.

Just apply some dish soap the area around the screw, if you see bubbles, its leaking. If you see no bubbles, use some needle nose pliers and pull that screw out. Note, it maybe take a few seconds to see bubbles if the leak is slow.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
14250 posts
8352 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: If you bought the tires from Costco, they do free repairs. Also free road hazard insurance if the tire can't be repaired.
Just make an appointment
this.

Leave it alone until the appointment and check your pressure regularly until then
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3636 posts
751 upvotes
engineered wrote: Get a DIY kit from Canadian Tire. It's pretty easy to do and safe as long as the screw isn't in the side of the tire.
If you're not up for it, I'm sure you can find someone on Kijiji to do it for about $20.
Very easy to do and i never had any issues, had it on tires for years...
Member
Nov 10, 2015
327 posts
281 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
If you are in the richmond hill/vaughan area DM me.

Top