7j*17
ET45
with 225/60 R17 tires.

Does it work well?
Thanks a lot!
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Hi, have you tried this kind of rims? Do they work well? I want to use this kind to install winter tires. It's so difficult to find and expensive to use ET48 RIMS.

swiler wrote: So these wheels will work?

DAI Alloys Prime
SKU: W3048
Size: 17x7
PCD: 5x114.3
Load index: 1587.3264
Offset: 45
Finish: Metallic Silver
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
The offset is 52? Does it work well?

DJ Trance AZ wrote: I bought a set of 17" black steel rims (x40911) with a set of Michelin XIce 3 during the Costco sale last month sale with free installation.

I had the XIce3 before and they performed poorly, but didn't wanna miss the sale or wait for the WS90...
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Do you think if load 1518 works for 2019 forester?

Cryton wrote: Those shouldn't be any problem. 1.6mm further from the strut and stick out an extra 14.4mm, when compared to stock.

Don't forget, you aren't limited to just 56.1mm center bore rims. 56.1mm is just the minimum you should go and is ideal to aim for. You can run a larger bore and use hubcentric rings (about $5-20 extra for a set of 4, depending on where you get them). That should open up your options for styles more.

I also noticed Costco's rim site (c-wheels or something) now has the proper bolt pattern and specs when you input a 2019 Forester. For anyone wondering.
Dec 16, 2010
141 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought a new 2020 Forester Limited. I typically just go to my trusted shop and pick good quality winters of the regular size or -1, and use whatever rims they recommend. Are all the smaller specs earlier in the thread mostly about the rims? Does it matter much if I don't have an opinion on the look?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought a set of black steel hub centric 17" rims from Costco Tire...$299+tax with shipping...Fits our Forrester...

I previously had gotten the x40911 but they are not hub centric.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I just bought a set of black steel hub centric 17" rims from Costco Tire...$299+tax with shipping...Fits our Forrester...

I previously had gotten the x40911 but they are not hub centric.
Provides one part number, but not the other...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
derass wrote: Provides one part number, but not the other...
It's X47514 from Costco Wheel site...just put mine on today and it's definitely hub centric.
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: It's X47514 from Costco Wheel site...just put mine on today and it's definitely hub centric.
The offset is 40. They work well with 19 forester, right? If so, mine with offset 45 would also work well. But I need to use hub centric rings.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
I am not a tire expert, but drove my car on the highway this morning and there wasn't any vibration from the tires. I am happy with the rims since they are only for winter anyway...
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I am not a tire expert, but drove my car on the highway this morning and there wasn't any vibration from the tires. I am happy with the rims since they are only for winter anyway...
Thanks!
Oct 17, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Just want to let everyone know, I've just installed the rims with parameter of
Size: 17x7
PCD: 5x114.3
Load index: 1518
Offset: 45
with 225*60*R17 Michelin winter tires.
I couldn't feel obvious difference than before.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7776 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Bought some very lightly used hub centric alloys for the Outback for $350 this week, will get tires mounted next week.
Sep 21, 2003
615 posts
138 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm curious to know whether people are mostly sticking to 17" or going down to 16" for the winter. Also, any point in sticking to 17x7 when 17x7.5 is more common and has a lot more interesting options for budget alloys?
"My fellow Americans, these are not the droids the nation is looking for."
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
2397 posts
168 upvotes
Re: 2019 Forester - questions on TPMS and hub centric rings:
Did anyone add TPMS sensors to their set of winter wheels? Where did you buy them? How much did it cost?
After putting on the winter tires, did the TPMS system have to be re-calibrated at the Subaru dealership? How much did it cost? Does it have to be re-calibrated again in spring?

[Edit] Just found out that Canadian versions of the Forester do NOT have TPMS sensors, unlike their USA versions. While this is good news in terms of lower cost for wheel replacements, it also means you have to remember to check for tire pressures the old fashioned way.

When buying wheels from the Costco affiliate site, if the center bore size is larger than 56.1, can you also buy hub centric rings from them? If not, when you bring them to the Costco store to be installed, do they have them there?
Last edited by shop ahoy on Nov 13th, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10329 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
shop ahoy wrote: Re: 2019 Forester - questions on TPMS and hub centric rings:
Did anyone add TPMS sensors to their set of winter wheels? Where did you buy them? How much did it cost?
After putting on the winter tires, did the TPMS system have to be re-calibrated at the Subaru dealership? How much did it cost? Does it have to be re-calibrated again in spring?
When buying wheels from the Costco affiliate site, if the center bore size is larger than 56.1, can you also buy hub centric rings from them? If not, when you bring them to the Costco store to be installed, do they have them there?
When we last bought wheels from Coscto... plastic rings included with purchase. It should say rings included on website I believe. I doubt you can buy at warehouse.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)