Wheels and Tires

Tires for 10th Gen civic (2017 EX), Pirelli Cinturato P7?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 8:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2064 posts
209 upvotes

Tires for 10th Gen civic (2017 EX), Pirelli Cinturato P7?

Looking for a set of tires to replace my stock Firestone FT140. I assume lots of tires will be better than this stock tire. Looking for a all season tire on the comfort side, specifically a quiet ride.

Looking at there the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus 2. Any have these tires on a sedan or can recommend an alternate tire for a 2017 civic EX?

Called joycitytires.com can install then for $665. Anyone use them for service?
3 replies
Sep 15, 2020
126 posts
137 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Looking for a set of tires to replace my stock Firestone FT140. I assume lots of tires will be better than this stock tire. Looking for a all season tire on the comfort side, specifically a quiet ride.

Looking at there the Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S Plus 2. Any have these tires on a sedan or can recommend an alternate tire for a 2017 civic EX?

Called joycitytires.com can install then for $665. Anyone use them for service?
I have the AS plus 2, replaced a set of UHP A/S tires that came with the car. I researched TireRack choices and came down to either this, YH Avid Ascend GT or Continental Pure Contact LS.

Noise:
Very quiet during low speeds, progresses to a muted white noise during elevated speeds, certainly miles ahead of the UHP A/S tire roar I had before.

Steering feel:
The steering wheel lightened considerably in my case, since the previous set was supposed to be grippy. My car is not sporty nor reputed to have "good steering feel" so it doesn't really impact how it drives, in fact I kinda prefer the lighter feel. Loads up a tiny bit off center (as you turn the wheel at speed), can feel a bit of tire flex during one hard cornering move but normal for this type of tire.

Ride quality:
Tire size changed so it is not exactly apples to apples, but I feel ride quality improved slightly.

Grip:
Have not driven fast or cornered hard in wet conditions, but I have been able to stop and corner safely and effectively. I would say grip is probably an improvement over FT140 which is a low-resistance eco tire.

I highly recommend this tire, love the relaxed handling and quiet noise. Make sure you get the AS plus 2 and not the AS plus. The "2" supposedly have updated tire compound to address the wet grip issues the previous version had. Hope this helps.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2064 posts
209 upvotes
Awesome Brianbakers, thanks for the detail. The price is also very attractive, so sounds like a winner. What kind of car do you drive?
Sep 15, 2020
126 posts
137 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: Awesome Brianbakers, thanks for the detail. The price is also very attractive, so sounds like a winner. What kind of car do you drive?
If the Pirelli is the cheapest around, I would go for it, no, jump on it. If info from Hot Deals forum is accurate, tire prices are going up in Sept. When I asked around for a quote this summer, more than one shop replied they had no stock and no ETA on several of the popular choices I asked, including the P7 AS+ 2 (I had a big list).

I drive a Toyota Camry.

If they do run out of stock on the Pirelli, for your reference, my next choices are either (not in order):
- General Altimax RT43 (had this on a previous car, liked it),
- Pure Contact LS (pricey)
- YH Avid Ascend GT (no experience with Yokohama but test results and reviews look good)
- Michelin Primacy Tour A/S (Pricey, successor to MXM4, low/no stock when I was shopping);
- Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S (seem to receive favorable reviews on Tirerack, is affordable and in stock)

The tires on this list have decent and comparable wet and dry grip performances based on Tirerack objective test results and user feedback (Except for the Uniroyal, no test data)

Good luck on tire shopping!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)