• Dec 6th, 2019 8:39 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 17, 2013
286 posts
188 upvotes
GWN

'Tis the season...for theft by courier

Never had a problem with Intelcom in the past....now I do.
In the past week I have had packages stolen by them (even after they promised Amazon they would deliver the item when it vanished), and now all my packages are arriving opened by Intelcom.

I have been trying to solve this problem with support but it appears no one there understands English anymore. I sent the same message 3 times, rewording it every time and they never understood the point that they "shipped and sold" the item...all the while they tried to argue it was another retailer.
Finally my messages from them started to look like this:

"Due to the volume of packages we ship each day, it's impossible to locate and pull out a single package once an order has entered the shipping process. We are therefore unable to cancel this order for you."

Copy and paste garbage with zero proof reading. I received one of these that was about 8 paragraphs long and looked like it had been through the washing machine. I am at the point where I am just going to cancel my Amazon account because now after notifying them NOT to ship Intelcom they are shipping EVERYTHING Intelcom.
The most frustrating part is every communication method I try yields zero results. I guess this is the new face of Amazon.

Any other RFDers out there experiencing this as well?
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8545 posts
2321 upvotes
Mississauga
Robotron2084 wrote: Never had a problem with Intelcom in the past....now I do.
In the past week I have had packages stolen by them (even after they promised Amazon they would deliver the item when it vanished), and now all my packages are arriving opened by Intelcom.

I have been trying to solve this problem with support but it appears no one there understands English anymore. I sent the same message 3 times, rewording it every time and they never understood the point that they "shipped and sold" the item...all the while they tried to argue it was another retailer.
Finally my messages from them started to look like this:

"Due to the volume of packages we ship each day, it's impossible to locate and pull out a single package once an order has entered the shipping process. We are therefore unable to cancel this order for you."

Copy and paste garbage with zero proof reading. I received one of these that was about 8 paragraphs long and looked like it had been through the washing machine. I am at the point where I am just going to cancel my Amazon account because now after notifying them NOT to ship Intelcom they are shipping EVERYTHING Intelcom.
The most frustrating part is every communication method I try yields zero results. I guess this is the new face of Amazon.

Any other RFDers out there experiencing this as well?
Save yourself future headaches have your parcels shipped to a secure location close to your house.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8545 posts
2321 upvotes
Mississauga
After I posted I remembered the only package so far that has gone missing is a big box of toilet paper. I`m sure the thief saw the size of the box and got excited. I wish I had a camera when he opened the box.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5031 posts
2193 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Save yourself future headaches have your parcels shipped to a secure location close to your house.
Yeah, I know it is kind of dumb to ship to a store like Shoppers Drug Mart (which has a post office outlet), but if you have a problem with the courier, what else can you do?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7661 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
Dear op,

I do not work for Intelcom, but why blame them?
It is high season for heavy parcel deliveries fir all couriers.

There are people thatT would tail couriers and snatch items left outside front doors. Be it ups, FedEx, Canada post, purolator etc.

You can either invest in a door cam or like another member said, ship it to a secure location.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15690 posts
16842 upvotes
Oakville
PCDawg wrote: Dear op,

I do not work for Intelcom, but why blame them?
It is high season for heavy parcel deliveries fir all couriers.

There are people thatT would tail couriers and snatch items left outside front doors. Be it ups, FedEx, Canada post, purolator etc.

You can either invest in a door cam or like another member said, ship it to a secure location.
In my case the door cam shows that they never came. They just say they delivered it. Makes sense though, why bother with the delivery just to steal it right back.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3857 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Use Amazon pickup points if you want to avoid headaches or if you think no one will be home. I used it for for everything but CPU cause i forgot to change my preference and did a quick checkout but thats another story. Most major cities should have pickup points all over the place within a couple minutes so it should be pretty simple. The closest one to my house is about a 3 minute drive or 15 minute walk (for example).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
renoldman wrote: Yeah, I know it is kind of dumb to ship to a store like Shoppers Drug Mart (which has a post office outlet), but if you have a problem with the courier, what else can you do?
That is what I do with all my Amazon packages. Never had a problem.

The only problem I have is that anything with a battery requires special handling and they will not deliver to a post office
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3253 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
My Canada Post deliveries are usually left on my front porch even if they’re large packages. But it seems my delivery driver this time around only stuffed a small package into my mailbox and tossed in slips for three larger packages (none required signature). Didn’t expect that but I figure there may indeed be a spike in package theft in my area for him to do such a thing.
Jan 18, 2012
141 posts
69 upvotes
I have a Nest doorbell but even before that I've never had anything blatantly stolen from my porch. However this year I noticed that my packages that are delivered in bubble courier envelopes have a slash through them. I"m guessing the delivery guy is looking for gift cards. That's a total of 5 packages that have slashes in them and I noticed they have come by Canada Post.................... It only bothered me lastnight becasue they slashed through the box and stole the cable for my wireless charger I had ordered. It's just very annoying. But again I'm suspecting these people are really looking for gift cards.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8284 posts
2040 upvotes
Mississauga
This sounds like one of those times where you have to fight your antisocial tendencies, pick up the phone, and TALK to Amazon since messaging is not working.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3253 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
sunshinee wrote: I have a Nest doorbell but even before that I've never had anything blatantly stolen from my porch. However this year I noticed that my packages that are delivered in bubble courier envelopes have a slash through them. I"m guessing the delivery guy is looking for gift cards. That's a total of 5 packages that have slashes in them and I noticed they have come by Canada Post.................... It only bothered me lastnight becasue they slashed through the box and stole the cable for my wireless charger I had ordered. It's just very annoying. But again I'm suspecting these people are really looking for gift cards.
Now that you mentioned it, my medium sized envelope package also had a slash through it near the top. I thought it was probably a machine handling error but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more nefarious.