Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11544 posts
2952 upvotes
GTA
old sparks wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 11:47 am
Is this phone locked to Koodo/Bell and, if so, is it easy to unlock?
All phones come unlocked now, or at least with the unlock code provided with the phone. No worries there.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Banned
Apr 5, 2019
112 posts
93 upvotes
sandyriver wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 9:01 am
25$ plan is Unltd Canada calling and text plus 1000 min International callling. Just got this plan for s9
Can you please confirm if thats what eveyone will get with $25 or was it a 1 time offer as I thought you had to pay extra $2/month for the 1000 mins intl. ?
Sep 10, 2017
137 posts
118 upvotes
Wraith2China wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 6:11 pm
Can you please confirm if thats what eveyone will get with $25 or was it a 1 time offer as I thought you had to pay extra $2/month for the 1000 mins intl. ?
The international minutes are a currently active promotion. I got a phone yesterday, and the rep at the mobile shop added the promotion. Comes up as a "$0 1000min international LD Add-on" under Add ons.
Sep 4, 2006
835 posts
66 upvotes
Wraith2China wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 6:11 pm
The rep would have not given me the LD minutes if i hadn't mentioned it. He was either not aware or acted as if he didn't know. When i asked him about 25 $ plan he just quoted the talk and text unltd. After i asked about the LD he said oh let me check that and then acted surprised. He also mentioned, that i was well informed. Thanks to our rfd members, otherwise i would have missed out on this.
Some reps are clear when they give u the plan, and others are not. So make sure you ask the plan before you sign up.
Happy Koodo customer with S9 and the 25$ unltd Canada plan :-)
Banned
Apr 5, 2019
112 posts
93 upvotes
sandyriver wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 7:27 pm
The rep would have not given me the LD minutes if i hadn't mentioned it. He was either not aware or acted as if he didn't know. When i asked him about 25 $ plan he just quoted the talk and text unltd. After i asked about the LD he said oh let me check that and then acted surprised. He also mentioned, that i was well informed. Thanks to our rfd members, otherwise i would have missed out on this.
Some reps are clear when they give u the plan, and others are not. So make sure you ask the plan before you sign up.
I agree as one has to thoroughly research rfd before heading to stores as they always got hidden promos but cant be hidden from rfd members. :)
On that note thanks again to the rfd members.
One more question is the 1000 mins LD add on 1 time only or does it renews every month for 0$ ?
Sep 10, 2017
137 posts
118 upvotes
Wraith2China wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 1:12 am
I agree as one has to thoroughly research rfd before heading to stores as they always got hidden promos but cant be hidden from rfd members. :)
One more question is the 1000 mins LD add on 1 time only or does it renews every month for 0$ ?
According to the representative at the mobile shop, it should renew every month. I don't have any concrete paper evidence showing that it does renew, I just see it in the "add ons" section of the bill in the agreement, so it makes sense that it should renews.
Sep 4, 2006
835 posts
66 upvotes
Wraith2China wrote:
Aug 21st, 2019 1:12 am
I confirmed with the rep at the time of buying the plan that the plan comes with the 1000 LD minutes and renews every month.
Happy Koodo customer with S9 and the 25$ unltd Canada plan :-)
Oct 3, 2012
11 posts
1 upvote
Maple Ridge
I did not get the 50000 points for the trade in. When I called pc optimum they asked for a screenshot of the 50000 point trade in promotion. I saw it in store but don’t see it online. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the promotion.
Thank you
Banned
Apr 5, 2019
112 posts
93 upvotes
JuliaL wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:25 pm
I did not get the 50000 points for the trade in. When I called pc optimum they asked for a screenshot of the 50000 point trade in promotion. I saw it in store but don’t see it online. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the promotion.
Thank you
Contact TMS as they are also resposible for the points credit.
It should also mention your bill as I saw with some members posted bills.
May be you can screenshot the TMS trade in offer on their website (if available), and tag it along with your bill mentioning 50k pco for the the trade in. (only the bill should also be enough)

Again pco had gone down the drain by asking for proofs/evidence just like ebates when they have all the analytics on their system ranging from the what CC was used to what items were purchased. But they still reply like bots asking for too many things

Lately I am more inclined to GC with wow mobile or bestbuy etc rather than pco which again is restricted to few stores.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8651 posts
1790 upvotes
London
Finally opened the box and use my wife's freedom sim with the A8, everything works. Updated to pie as well. The battery life is definitely longer than her LG G5 which is the main reason she wants a new phone. Thanks again OP.
Sep 10, 2017
137 posts
118 upvotes
JuliaL wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2019 8:25 pm
Thank you
The TMS representative needed to manually enter the 50k trade in promotion when checking out.
Here's what was on my bill:
Product SKU ---- Product Name
SFTINS000001 ---- Trade In
TSPGRB000155 ---- Koodo - $50 Trade in Rebate
PPPSNS000006 ---- PC Optimum Points - Earn 50,000pts

You might want to go back and mention that the bonus points weren't added, (If you're within 15 days of purchase you can also get a full refund or mention it to try to get to rep to cooperate).