• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 9:51 am
[OP]
May 12, 2009
264 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

Toaster ovens? Henckels or Kitchen-Aid

Looking to replace our old toaster oven. Looked at Henckels mini oven and a Kitchen-Aid and would like to hear from others who use them and how they compare. I like the look of Henckels but not everyone at home agrees with me. Kitchen-Aid is more expensive. Read comments for both brands and Kitchen-Aid stood out. Everyone was happy with the Kitchen-Aid. Perhaps I should get Kitchen-Aid. I've had their food processor for ever it and it still works well.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4564 posts
1571 upvotes
We have the Hamilton Beach 31401C Toaster Oven since 2016 and it has served us well.

Just this past Black Friday, picked up the Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer Oven ... awesome addition to the kitchen ... but stored away when not in use.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
May 28, 2012
11137 posts
3275 upvotes
Saskatoon
I was going to recommend the Breville but I see the price has gone up considerably since I purchased it.
May 21, 2015
870 posts
416 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Love the Panasonic Flash Express. I bought one for my mother some 12 or 13 years ago and she really liked it. I brought it home after she died a couple of years ago we use it numerous times a day. It's a true "toaster oven" , doesn't take up much room unlike most of these other ones that are basically the size of a mid size microwave.
Possum77 wrote: if size doesn't matter,
https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-NB-G110 ... B008C9UFDI
I use it and its great.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9332 posts
3034 upvotes
Treat most toaster ovens as disposable appliances. Get a cheap one and hope it lasts or spend a bit more on a Breville.
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6065 posts
3145 upvotes
Mississauga
We're on our third toaster oven in 21 years (first one was a wedding gift). Current one a Hamilton Beach I got at Crappy Tire in 2015 so if it gives us another couple years of service I'll be happy.
Feb 14, 2008
257 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough
Go with a Breville, love ours.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8747 posts
3208 upvotes
Mississauga
Breville. I use it over my oven often.

For actual toasting of sliced bread and bagel, nothing works as well as an actual toaster.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3920 posts
485 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Henckels is primarily a knife brand that seems to license their name to other products. I don't believe they have a long history of making small appliances.

As others have suggested, Breville is the go-to in the "premium" range of toaster ovens. Ours died after just 3 years, so went with a comparable Cuisinart which has held up well for the last 4 years.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5870 posts
6063 upvotes
Toronto
I had a premium Kitchenaid small appliance (toaster) that had a mechanical failure.

In attempting to self-repair, inspecting the part the failed and the overall design, I concluded that there was a reasonably high chance the part was designed to fail in the mid term (planned product life/failure.)

Was not impressed with the overall internal design either.

No, I'm not an industrial/mechanical designer by profession, but it was rather patently evident.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3160 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a Cuisinart BRK-300 10 years ago when we reno'd our kitchen. It served as a reasonable oven for us to use in the makeshift basement kitchen for a month while we gutted and rebuilt the kitchen.

Still going strong 10 years later and gets used daily for toast and lots of smaller jobs when we don't need to fire up the Bluestar's oven.

Discontinued, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of their toaster ovens.

https://www.cuisinart.com/shopping/disc ... s/brk-300/