Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Today Only: Craftsman 173 cc 3-in-1 Lawnmower $199.99, $170 off @ Sears.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2010 3:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5568 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto

[Sears] Today Only: Craftsman 173 cc 3-in-1 Lawnmower $199.99, $170 off @ Sears.ca

Posted to the Deals page, don't see it in the Forums, but pretty hot, and today only:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main. ... _save_170/

CRAFTSMAN/MD 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower - $199.99, $170 off

[IMG]http://catalog.sears.ca/wcsstore/Master ... _1_271.jpg[/IMG]

# 173 cc Kohler™ OHV engine
# effective lubrication system
# mechanical governor adjusts engine speed to accommodate terrain
# oil bottle
# mulch, bag or sidedischarge grass clippings
# EZ Empty Dust Blocker grass bag
# assembled
# 5 cutting heights
# handle folds for storage
# 8'' wheels
# 2-year warranty
20 replies
Oct 8, 2007
363 posts
61 upvotes
How good is the Kohler engine compared to a Briggs and stratton series 700 ?
Jan 14, 2004
273 posts
98 upvotes
Derek wrote: Posted to the Deals page, don't see it in the CRAFTSMAN/MD 3-in-1 Push Lawn Mower - $179.99, $170 off
$199.99, like in the title.
Dec 1, 2006
479 posts
126 upvotes
Just purchased this for my father for Father's Day. I also used this coupon code to get an additional $10 off: 941612560.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3618 posts
93 upvotes
"Effective lubrication"

So, other mowers have INeffective lubrication? I think the peeps writing the description were running out of stuff to say, "cheap" mower.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5060 posts
2382 upvotes
A Place to Stand
jed wrote: "Effective lubrication"

So, other mowers have INeffective lubrication? I think the peeps writing the description were running out of stuff to say, "cheap" mower.
I was laughing at that too. Effective lubrication system??

Functional blades.

Straight handle mechanism.

Wheels roll clockwise and counter clockwise.

Fully contained rear bag that holds grass.

Adequate steel deck.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1598 posts
1033 upvotes
AB
I've never purchased a lawnmower before. Is this one any good?
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2003
1207 posts
104 upvotes
Calgary
Was looking at picking one up, but for my area, I'm looking at waiting until ~June 25th for delivery for either home delivery or in-store pickup. Anyone else seeing anything similiar?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1598 posts
1033 upvotes
AB
Wr3ck3d wrote: Was looking at picking one up, but for my area, I'm looking at waiting until ~June 25th for delivery for either home delivery or in-store pickup. Anyone else seeing anything similiar?
Thanks OP, just bought one! In-store pickup is scheduled for June 2.
May 14, 2010
1 posts
ontario
Hi All,
Just bought one; Kohler has a good history; nowadays the engine could be made in Italy of China.. but Kohler is into industrial engines, gas and diesel; I would trust them as much as B&S..

Effective lubrication; possibly meaning 'forced' lubrication vs 'splash' like some older ones..

Still in the box; saves me re-building my old second hand one..
Cheers,
Rick
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10819 posts
1351 upvotes
Edmonton
What is the return policy on this one? Restocking fee?

I have a 7 year old craftsman based on a Briggs 6.5HP. Stalls after getting hot, refuses to restart. Already replaced the plug and filter, and pulled the carb and cleaned everything.

I'm guessing it's a bad coil, which is going to cost $80-$120 to take in and get fixed, with a 2-4 week backlog right now.

Should I just order and think later???
Jul 11, 2004
913 posts
143 upvotes
Go to Canadian Tire and purchase some Sea Foam and pour some in and run your mower. It should clean the carb and engine.

blainehamilton wrote: What is the return policy on this one? Restocking fee?

I have a 7 year old craftsman based on a Briggs 6.5HP. Stalls after getting hot, refuses to restart. Already replaced the plug and filter, and pulled the carb and cleaned everything.

I'm guessing it's a bad coil, which is going to cost $80-$120 to take in and get fixed, with a 2-4 week backlog right now.

Mar 12, 2007
394 posts
40 upvotes
Had an 9yr old B&S 5hp Craftsman that I couldn't get started when I tried today. I had recently replaced the spark plug and filter so I didn't bother to try anything else and just went for this deal. Not worth fighting to get an old one going if I can get a new one for this price. Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28605 posts
1299 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
How many HP's is this thing?

I don't understand why there isn't a standard? Why some say CC, some say HPs?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3618 posts
93 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote: What is the return policy on this one? Restocking fee?

Sounds like the correct diagnosis from here, so WTH - pull the trigger! Then, buy the part yourself when you have time, fix it and have a spare mower!

Never know when the zombies may attack, and all your chainsaws are broken down, you'll be glad to have a spare mower at hand.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28605 posts
1299 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Up to 329 today
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
1225 posts
95 upvotes
GTA
Thanks O.P.
I ordered one yesterday with $10 in points code.
Mar 17, 2004
442 posts
19 upvotes
Did anyone get their mower? Mine's MIA, it was supposed to arrive May 28. I've contacted them twice now a was just told to wait.
Aug 17, 2007
12 posts
dealhunting wrote: Did anyone get their mower? Mine's MIA, it was supposed to arrive May 28. I've contacted them twice now a was just told to wait.
Wondering the same thing. Mine was set to arrive June 2nd. Called customer service twice and was told that these have not yet left the manufacturer. They were unable to provide an ETA either.