• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 12:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24794 posts
200168 upvotes
GTA

[Today's Shopping Choice] Blendtec Designer 675 Blender w/ 36 oz. Jar +16 oz. Twister Jar - $379.99

Today's Shopping Choice has the Blendtec Designer 675 blender with the regular jar and the 16 oz. Twister jar for $379.99. Great price and can even pay over a year ($31.66/month interest-free).

https://www.tsc.ca/pages/productdetails?nav=R:489660
8 replies
Sep 18, 2020
176 posts
369 upvotes
I can't speak for the deal itself, but I have read/heard that Blendtec is not as good as Vitamix. Cheaper Explorian Vitamix models go on sale often at Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5774 posts
5531 upvotes
BC
JustinK29893 wrote: I can't speak for the deal itself, but I have read/heard that Blendtec is not as good as Vitamix. Cheaper Explorian Vitamix models go on sale often at Costco.
I've mentioned this in previous threads, but my side-by-side comparison of a Vitamix and Blendtec about 5 years ago was that the Vitamix looks and feels like it is built better, but I found that Blendtec made better smoothies which is the vast majority of my blending. Their warranty is one year longer than Vitamix too.

This is a pretty good deal if you will use the twister jar, but might be a tough re-sell. My Blendtec came with the twister jar which I put up for sale as soon as I got it. It took a long time to finally find a buyer.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Aug 15th, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2015
735 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver Island
My mom buys Vitamix and my sister and I both buy Blendtec. There are pros and cons for both, but if your primary blend is thick creamy drinks or smoothies where you're pureeing fruit, we've found the Blendtec with the wildside cannisters to do better at pulverizing ice, seeds and fibers, and the twister jar to be excellent for soft ice cream. I bought two extra twister jars, one for me and one for my sister.

For anything where you need the tamper, the Vitamix does better of course - ignoring that you can buy tampers for the Blendtec.

The Vitamix does feel sturdier and maybe it'll last longer, but so far none of our blenders have had issues
Dec 12, 2008
93 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Have both a blendtec and vitamix (wife had that one before we moved in together). Personally for our main use of smoothies the Blendtec gives better results and is still going strong after 3000+ cycles.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5774 posts
5531 upvotes
BC
AncientWords wrote: There are pros and cons for both, but if your primary blend is thick creamy drinks or smoothies where you're pureeing fruit, we've found the Blendtec with the wildside cannisters to do better at pulverizing ice, seeds and fibers. For anything where you need the tamper, the Vitamix does better of course - ignoring that you can buy tampers for the Blendtec.
The only thing I've found so far that Blendtec struggles with is dates. I'm guessing that Vitamix would do better because their blades are sharp. The tamper is definitely a nice feature, but a spoon does the same job as long as you keep it away from the blades.
Sep 18, 2020
176 posts
369 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: I'm guessing that Vitamix would do better because their blades are sharp.
Vitamix blades are actually designed to be dull to pulverize (rather than cut).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5774 posts
5531 upvotes
BC
JustinK29893 wrote: Vitamix blades are actually designed to be dull to pulverize (rather than cut).
They aren't sharp like knife edges, but compared to Blendtec blades, Vitamix blades are sharp (unless they have changed in recent years).
Nov 24, 2010
160 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered, looks there is also $35 offer, plus 3% reward by Rakuten Canada, for Ontarian, it is $390 after tax -$8.7, should be good price. it should be better than Bestbuy classic Blentec @ $299.00,