• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 6:06 pm
[OP]
Feb 11, 2013
4 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey

[Today's Shopping Choice] The Casper King Mattress for $840 + tax

Today's showstopper, they sale King size the casper Mattress for $1050+tax.

Get extra 20% off by sign up for email TSC Newsletter.

Final price comes out $840 + tax, free shipping.

----------------------

Update.

For people who couldn't received the 20% code.
If you refresh the main page of TSC.ca, the popup window will appear.
Sign up for newsletter on the page that advertise 20% discount on next purchase.
TSC.jpg
Mine was VZKNH3CJ but I'm not sure it's bind to the account or not.
Last edited by Hyunhong on May 5th, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4427 posts
6001 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Seems like a good price for a king, if you know what you're getting. I'd not impulse buy a mattress, especially without testing it.

The top layer is latex-like material. I'd rather get a HD poly foam base and add an actual latex topper, or get the latex mattress from ikea. The price should be a few hundred dollars more, but worth it over the several decades latex lasts.
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
422 upvotes
waven101 wrote: anyone would recommend this?
Definitely. I've had a Casper mattress for about 3 years now, still as comfy as the day I bought it. I'd say it's medium to medium hard on the firmness.

Their pillows are always fantastic.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on May 5th, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3331 upvotes
top layer is latex apparently some people might have allergies to that
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
422 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Seems like a good price for a king, if you know what you're getting. I'd not impulse buy a mattress, especially without testing it.

The top layer is latex-like material. I'd rather get a HD poly foam base and add an actual latex topper, or get the latex mattress from ikea. The price should be a few hundred dollars more, but worth it over the several decades latex lasts.
Doesn't have to be impulsive, Casper has 100 night return policy. Don't know if that applies when getting it from the shopping channel.
Apr 20, 2008
432 posts
270 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Doesn't have to be impulsive, Casper has 100 night return policy. Don't know if that applies when getting it from the shopping channel.
Warranty Information:
This product comes with a 10-year warranty through the manufacturer and a 100-day return policy through TSC.
Sep 1, 2014
82 posts
42 upvotes
Ajax, ON
$25 for returns unless there is a defect in the mattress.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4427 posts
6001 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Artwebb1986 wrote: Doesn't have to be impulsive, Casper has 100 night return policy. Don't know if that applies when getting it from the shopping channel.
I think the business model relies on customers not feeling like returning their mattresses after 100 days, like only sociopaths would feel like returning such a big ticket item after continuous use for months.

Mattress returns are notoriously difficult to achieve, but these "disruptor" bed-in-a-box brands are supposed to be better than Sealy, etc. at accepting returns. I would still not baking on the return policy, doing your research (Customer Reports, Mattress Underground) pn mattress materials and look into building your own mattress with better quality materials, like latex.

All these companies do is glue various layers onto each other.
Sep 2, 2007
728 posts
221 upvotes
Casper mattresses are top rated by Consumer Reports

I would believe Consumer Reports rather than any blog

I have a queen which is two years old and is highly recommenced
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4427 posts
6001 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
"Nothing would make us happier than to pay you a ton of money,” Krim elaborated in his next email, “but we need to do it in a context of being accretive to Casper. Currently you actively endorse a competing product on our review page. What can we do not to have you endorse another product as superior to ours? I am certain we can be a better partner to you than Leesa.”

This is so greasy of Casper's CEO, and now Casper owns Sleepopolis through a marketing subsidiary??

I think Consumer Reports is a good resource for most things, but not for mattresses last I checked a few years ago.

The mattress industry is notoriously greasy, and when the internet reviews hit the industry, the web was flooded with bad reviews for the big three manufacturers, and so they rebranded a whole bunch of times to avoid the bad press and reviews. And they hide the quality and durability construction materials, and make it difficult to do meaningful comparisons by using proprietary materials.

This is exactly why it's a good idea to find a local foam shop and inquire about prices for good quality high density foam and latex/memory foam layers. It's not rocket science but it does need a bit of research.
Last edited by Nikhilvoid on May 5th, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 7, 2016
36 posts
76 upvotes
Hyunhong wrote: Today's showstopper, they sale King size the casper Mattress for $1050+tax.

Get extra 20% off by sign up for email TSC Newsletter.

Final price comes out $840 + tax, free shipping.
Is the 20% off code specific? If not can you share. I can not seem to get one in my email.
Feb 19, 2006
76 posts
58 upvotes
Bought a Casper. Very much a first-gen mattress-in-a-box, as I wake up drenched in sweat, likely due to how the mattress doesn't breathe at all, unless I set my AC to 15 degrees. It's definitely cost me a lot in wasted energy, but I'm lazy and haven't replaced the mattress yet. I originally wanted to send it back but gave up after having been on hold for over an hour.
These days, you would probably be able to arrange a return online though.
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
422 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: I think the business model relies on customers not feeling like returning their mattresses after 100 days, like only sociopaths would feel like returning such a big ticket item after continuous use for months.

Mattress returns are notoriously difficult to achieve, but these "disruptor" bed-in-a-box brands are supposed to be better than Sealy, etc. at accepting returns. I would still not baking on the return policy, doing your research (Customer Reports, Mattress Underground) pn mattress materials and look into building your own mattress with better quality materials, like latex.

All these companies do is glue various layers onto each other.
Actually returning a Casper mattress is the easiest thing possible. They contact a local goodwill type place and setup a time for them to come pick it up.
Jun 15, 2018
953 posts
422 upvotes
beagleyguy wrote: Bought a Casper. Very much a first-gen mattress-in-a-box, as I wake up drenched in sweat, likely due to how the mattress doesn't breathe at all, unless I set my AC to 15 degrees. It's definitely cost me a lot in wasted energy, but I'm lazy and haven't replaced the mattress yet. I originally wanted to send it back but gave up after having been on hold for over an hour.
These days, you would probably be able to arrange a return online though.
Weird the Casper I got is the coolest mattress I have ever had.
Oct 18, 2013
568 posts
118 upvotes
Oshawa
I also signed up for email but received no code.?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2427 posts
2544 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
WM6Y1GEM

Enjoy

*please let people know u used it, thnx