Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Today's Shopping Choice

The Casper King Mattress for $840 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 6:06 pm
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
893 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Seems like a good price for a king, if you know what you're getting. I'd not impulse buy a mattress, especially without testing it.

The top layer is latex-like material. I'd rather get a HD poly foam base and add an actual latex topper, or get the latex mattress from ikea. The price should be a few hundred dollars more, but worth it over the several decades latex lasts.

the Ikea Latex one will last many more yrs without sagging f
Apr 12, 2005
853 posts
4753 upvotes
Thanks OP and @198886 for ebates reminder. 0% 12 month plan as well - I'll take that too :)
PSN: sixb0nes
Mar 4, 2016
34 posts
72 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: "Nothing would make us happier than to pay you a ton of money,” Krim elaborated in his next email, “but we need to do it in a context of being accretive to Casper. Currently you actively endorse a competing product on our review page. What can we do not to have you endorse another product as superior to ours? I am certain we can be a better partner to you than Leesa.”

This is so greasy of Casper's CEO, and now Casper owns Sleepopolis through a marketing subsidiary??

I think Consumer Reports is a good resource for most things, but not for mattresses last I checked a few years ago.

The mattress industry is notoriously greasy, and when the internet reviews hit the industry, the web was flooded with bad reviews for the big three manufacturers, and so they rebranded a whole bunch of times to avoid the bad press and reviews. And they hide the quality and durability construction materials, and make it difficult to do meaningful comparisons by using proprietary materials.

This is exactly why it's a good idea to find a local foam shop and inquire about prices for good quality high density foam and latex/memory foam layers. It's not rocket science but it does need a bit of research.
So you’re saying, instead of buying a mattress you should source your own materials and basically make you’re own mattress. Do you not realize how absurd that is for most people?

As far as the Casper goes I cannot comment, however, I just bought an Endy for the same price (king) two weeks ago. For my body it took some time getting used to, but I love it now. Well worth the price and made in Canada.
Jan 13, 2012
26 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke
Anyone else w/ a code? I signed up but haven't been sent one yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
MK7GTI wrote:
So you’re saying, instead of buying a mattress you should source your own materials and basically make you’re own mattress. Do you not realize how absurd that is for most people?

As far as the Casper goes I cannot comment, however, I just bought an Endy for the same price (king) two weeks ago. For my body it took some time getting used to, but I love it now. Well worth the price and made in Canada.
Sorry, you are right. I should have been more clear. It's incredibly easy to build your own mattress. You don't have to sew anything or glue anything. The layers, especially latex, is heavy enough to never shift.

You just have to dump different layers on top of each other. That's all there is to it. Tuft&Needle even make fun of how their competitors do it and rip customers off.

The tricky part is knowing what layers to buy. Layers, especially 100% organic Dunlop latex from Asia is crazy expensive. About $400 for 2 inches. You can use much cheaper high density foam for support layers.

That's why all these manufacturers, even the disruptor brands, try to recreate the feeling and support of natural latex, while adding memory foam layers as a comfort later. All non-latex foam degrades faster than natural latex, especially memory foam.

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/resources ... -mattress/
It would be shockingly easy to knock off most of our competitors’ products without the markups and create your very own DIY mattress. Mattress companies can get away with offering basic foam at premium prices because most consumers never take the time to find out what exactly we’re paying for.

If you want to build your own mattress like the ones you’ll see on some other websites floating around out there, it really isn’t that difficult. You’ll have to use cheap, poor quality off-the-shelf materials, but you’ll save all the markups some of our competitors are adding.

They’ve perfected this technique—and so can you in just three easy steps.
  1. To make your own mattress, start with a layer of cheap poly foam. It really doesn’t matter where it comes from, you’re never going to feel it under all of the layers you’ll add in step two.
  2. Select softer foams with desired benefits and layer on top of each other one by one. Make sure the one that you like the most is the top layer, since that’s the only one you’re really going to sleep on. You’ll have to add adhesive between each layer, which may impact breathability, but the more layers the better, right?
  3. Cover it all up! We recommend an ultra soft and durable Tencel® cover, but this is your mattress, not ours. Don’t forget to give your mattress a crazy name to catch the eye of the consumer. A few ideas: Wonderluxe, CoolCloud, DreamGelz, UltraDreamMcFancyFoam.
Here’s a rough cost breakdown of this basic mattress:

$200 Base Layer + $250 Additional Layers + $100 Cover = $500
If anyone is interested, check out this resource or there are tonnes of DIY mattress tutorials on youtube: https://www.themattressunderground.com/ ... tress.html
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
This is an all time low price I think (outside of cash back offerings at least), great deal.
Feb 8, 2008
45 posts
146 upvotes
Canning
Can anybody recommend a good King size bed base to go along with the King Casper?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
barnz wrote: Can anybody recommend a good King size bed base to go along with the King Casper?
I have an ikea bed platform for my Casper. Honestly doesn't make any difference what you get. Ask the wife what she wants. Lol just get a solid platform or the hugest slat count you can find.
Sep 13, 2015
533 posts
446 upvotes
Are these firm? Looking for a extra firm king size bed.
Glory Glory Man United
Jul 3, 2009
14 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Are these the 2019 version? The price on the casper website is $1375 but on TSC its $1175 regular price for the queen.
Dec 4, 2010
535 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal
nexuscardguy wrote: Are these firm? Looking for a extra firm king size bed.
More like medium. For extra firm king size you'd wanna buy latex. 2K+, if not 3K.
Feb 11, 2013
6 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
According to item description, It should be new version.

As far as I know, new version's height is 12" and old one is 10"
Mar 19, 2015
178 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Hyunhong wrote: According to item description, It should be new version.

As far as I know, new version's height is 12" and old one is 10"
Description says 12" with zoned support (=new version). However, the attached video says it's 10". Weird.
Feb 11, 2013
6 posts
270 upvotes
Calgary
eyeyoon wrote: Description says 12" with zoned support (=new version). However, the attached video says it's 10". Weird.
You are right. That is Weird.

If it's old version than should claim for false advertisement lol.
Dec 6, 2005
639 posts
275 upvotes
Vancouver
Werd.

This guy mattresses.

It's crazy how people don't do a little bit of research on something that has such a big impact to their wellbeing.

Read a little, go try different mattresses and be smart about things.

It's not hard to buy foam /latex from a local foam store and have them build it for you.

I've got an 8" dunlop mattress and it's far better than the crappy costco memory foam mattress I had previously.

Be smart, and don't be cheap. Latex mattresses last way longer than crappy memory foam.

Edit : baring building your own mattress, the latex mattress from ikea is a pretty good deal. Yeah, it's not 100% latex, but a high percentage latex / synthetic blend.
Nikhilvoid wrote: Sorry, you are right. I should have been more clear. It's incredibly easy to build your own mattress. You don't have to sew anything or glue anything. The layers, especially latex, is heavy enough to never shift.

You just have to dump different layers on top of each other. That's all there is to it. Tuft&Needle even make fun of how their competitors do it and rip customers off.

The tricky part is knowing what layers to buy. Layers, especially 100% organic Dunlop latex from Asia is crazy expensive. About $400 for 2 inches. You can use much cheaper high density foam for support layers.

That's why all these manufacturers, even the disruptor brands, try to recreate the feeling and support of natural latex, while adding memory foam layers as a comfort later. All non-latex foam degrades faster than natural latex, especially memory foam.

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/resources ... -mattress/

If anyone is interested, check out this resource or there are tonnes of DIY mattress tutorials on youtube: https://www.themattressunderground.com/ ... tress.html
Last edited by beatdownvictim on May 5th, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2012
26 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke
lePetitPrince wrote: Have to turn off adblocker to get pop up...
Ordered one, thanks.

FYI - anyone else trying to get promo code it doesn't work unless you signup through the popup
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2057 posts
885 upvotes
barnz wrote: Can anybody recommend a good King size bed base to go along with the King Casper?
You can try this base, which is a killer deal for $100 if you live in an area that Amazon will ship this to. Not sure why Amazon.ca won't ship this item nationwide, but you may get lucky.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077P2FLM9

Last edited by blakjak on May 5th, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.