Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Today's Shopping Choice

The Casper King Mattress for $840 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 6:06 pm
Oct 31, 2006
41 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I am livid. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone to confirm what height of mattress I am getting (10" or the advertised 12"). One agent saw the discrepancy. She transferred me to customer service for further clarification and they said 10. She sent me to customer resolutions who said on the "tools" she has, the mattress will be 10". I explained that had I not noticed this on the website I would have received this mattress that was falsely advertised to me and then I would have had to ship it back. She said it would cost $25 to ship it back so I had to decide before it goes through to the warehouse for delivery.

I asked if somebody could verify, at the warehouse, looking at the product, what the height actually is. She said she could not do it.

I then went on to explain that you're shipping what I assume will be a fair amount of these and many customers are being mislead. Furthermore, you switched the dimensions and didn't notify buyers! She said they would "eventually". When?!? AFter you've delivered them all.

I'm debating this but I'm thinking of cancelling my order. This is shady and not a way to do business.

Has anybody else had a different experience?
Oct 31, 2006
41 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
CONFIRMED- 10" Someone from TSC just called me back to confirm. i cancelled as that's too low for me and my bed frame.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
cain wrote: CONFIRMED- 10" Someone from TSC just called me back to confirm. i cancelled as that's too low for me and my bed frame.
Good stuff. I've had that one for years It's fantastic.

It's a 100 night sleep test. So not sure how they would be charging you $25 to ship it back.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
Just had a quick chat with Casper and they confirmed the TSC Casper’s are 10” :(
Images
  • A9EAF42E-1845-40F3-B9DA-C265E6F0302A.png
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
Thanks to everyone for looking into the size issue.
I am extremely disappointed by this as well. Does anybody care to share screenshots from when the TSC website listed 12"?

Also, does anybody have experience trying our both and can they weigh in on whether or not it's still worth keeping it if it is 10"?
Mar 19, 2015
178 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Dealshark3 wrote: Thanks to everyone for looking into the size issue.
I am extremely disappointed by this as well. Does anybody care to share screenshots from when the TSC website listed 12"?

Also, does anybody have experience trying our both and can they weigh in on whether or not it's still worth keeping it if it is 10"?
It's nearly half the regular price (of 12" version). I think it's still worth keeping it regardless.
If you really want the additional 2" of foundation layer, just order 12" model from Casper and initiate return right away, but return 10" model instead. lol
Oct 18, 2013
617 posts
128 upvotes
Oshawa
Does anybody care to share screenshots from when the TSC website listed 12"?
Aug 24, 2018
45 posts
32 upvotes
eyeyoon wrote: It's nearly half the regular price (of 12" version). I think it's still worth keeping it regardless.
If you really want the additional 2" of foundation layer, just order 12" model from Casper and initiate return right away, but return 10" model instead. lol
$825 all in for a queen, going to at least try it out and hang onto my old mattress just in case.
Oct 7, 2012
45 posts
8 upvotes
st. john's, nl
Which IKEA latex mattress did you buy?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
silverferrari wrote: Just had a quick chat with Casper and they confirmed the TSC Casper’s are 10” :(
I ended up just making use of the Casper website $100 off deal, and getting their Essential model, which is 11". It will be a test bed at $575 plus tax. If I like it I'll keep it for a kid bed or guest bed, and will consider getting another bigger one.

Not sure if their Essential 11" is better or worse than the Casper 10".
Oct 18, 2013
617 posts
128 upvotes
Oshawa
Has anyone received there mattress yet? If so was it a 10inch?
Mar 19, 2015
178 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
GeneP66 wrote: Has anyone received there mattress yet? If so was it a 10inch?
Mine was delivered today and it is indeed 10” version with a model number MT00000299
Oct 31, 2006
41 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone contacted Customer Service regarding the changing of the mattress description? I'm really upset about this, especially since they changed it on their website and didn't notify anybody prior to shipping.

If so, how did they resolve this for you?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
Not sure, I just set up the mattress last night and we are waiting for the off-gas smell to go away. We will try it out overnight as possible, hopefully we don't have any issue.
I am 6' and 190lbs and my first impression is that an extra 2" would have been great, as I almost bottom out when I sit on the bed (all my weight is in a single point).
For laying down it is not as noticeable, as the weight is distributed.

I should have realized something was off when the TSC "regular price" listed was a couple hundred dollars lower than Casper's "regular price" on their website.
Oct 31, 2006
41 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Edge support is often lacking in mattresses of these types. It’s common but it’s a shame it’s as bad as you say. I gusss that’s why Casper made models like The Wave and the Hybrids with more edge or coiled support.

How bad is the smell?
Aug 30, 2018
241 posts
174 upvotes
cain wrote: Edge support is often lacking in mattresses of these types. It’s common but it’s a shame it’s as bad as you say. I gusss that’s why Casper made models like The Wave and the Hybrids with more edge or coiled support.

How bad is the smell?
The smell was really bad and was burning our throats when we were in the same room.
Left it to air out with the windows open for over 3 days. But it isn’t getting better. Had to sleep in the spare room with the old mattress. We are concerned for our health at this point.

TSC was closed for long weekend, but I called Casper and they said it was not normal and I should call TSC to file a defect claim. I am going to call TSC today.

Anyone else have issues like this?
Mar 19, 2015
178 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Compared to Douglas mattress that I've been using for last 2 months, Casper mattress is a bit softer. In terms of comfort, I think they are equally good. If I were to pay the regular prices, I'd definitely go with Douglas. It clearly isn't worth the price difference.