Expired Hot Deals

[Tojagrid] Modular Tojagrid Pergola

  • Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 10:07 am
[OP]
Member
Dec 13, 2003
357 posts
181 upvotes

Modular Tojagrid Pergola

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
May 20, 2019
Retailer:
Tojagrid
I've been looking at one of these for a while now. Some like the reviews are good on Costco and Lowes website. 20% off Victoria Day Weekend Sale - seems like a pretty good deal.

I like the one with the 6x6 posts. Not available in that configuration at Lowes or Costco. Please note, must buy posts separately.
12 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 29, 2010
100 posts
79 upvotes
I'm sure it's a good product, but they seem awfully expensive considering posts are not included.
Newbie
May 22, 2013
61 posts
22 upvotes
Ontario
The post don't need to be anchored into the ground with these is the real advantage but I didn't see a price a Lowe's. Are these new to the market.
Member
User avatar
Jan 17, 2012
442 posts
309 upvotes
Red Deer
Mah dude, $1500 and doesn't include the lumber.
[OP]
Member
Dec 13, 2003
357 posts
181 upvotes
It is a nice looking product...... Does someone see something available in the market at a better price point?
Jr. Member
Feb 7, 2007
149 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
kups wrote: It is a nice looking product...... Does someone see something available in the market at a better price point?
Simpson strong tie makes 4x4 post bases and they make 3 way corner pieces a little different to these but work the same. Buy a sail on amazon and you're good for under $300
[OP]
Member
Dec 13, 2003
357 posts
181 upvotes
Where is the best place to purchase Simpson Strong Ties. I can see they are available on Amazon, but is there a retail location that sells them? I'm located in the GTA for reference.
I appreciate the advice!
Jr. Member
Feb 7, 2007
149 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
kups wrote: Where is the best place to purchase Simpson Strong Ties. I can see they are available on Amazon, but is there a retail location that sells them? I'm located in the GTA for reference.
I appreciate the advice!
Can't find the specific brackets ATM but I know they're around, sorry.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9159 posts
7604 upvotes
Markham
The Toja grid stuff used to go on sale for 50% off, then they did only 40% off, which was last year Boxing Day. I guess it’s 20% off now.

I remember last year they did 40% off on Black Friday, Boxing Day, and Xmas.

Maybe wait and see if you can get it cheaper.

I bought them at 40% off and picked them up in the USA, so I paid no sales tax. I ended up getting a double pergola 8x16 for around 1500 including the lumber.
Sr. Member
Jun 17, 2003
636 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Your Samson tie project is not going to look anything like these. Samson ties are for unfinished framing; they're for unfinished spaces (your garage or shed) or to be covered by interior drywall etc.

I agree these are expensive for what they are but don't kid yourself that your Samson-ties-pergola is going to look like these, anymore than your rusting 90s civic looks like a new BMW M series.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1011 posts
316 upvotes
andjules wrote: Your Samson tie project is not going to look anything like these. Samson ties are for unfinished framing; they're for unfinished spaces (your garage or shed) or to be covered by interior drywall etc.

I agree these are expensive for what they are but don't kid yourself that your Samson-ties-pergola is going to look like these, anymore than your rusting 90s civic looks like a new BMW M series.
The black Simpson strong tie products designed for exposed build like pergolas actually look pretty good for quite a bit less. Combine that with shelter logic fabric , and you are good to go.

Top