Edmonton

Free Haircut Tommy Guns upon showing Ad

Price:
$0.00
Savings:
100% Off
Retailer:
TommyGunsBarbershop
Not sure how valid this is or willing to be accepted by Tommy Guns Barbershop but I found this ad while scrolling through Instagram.

Hope it works out for some folks.

:)

[EDIT] April 21st:

I just went to my local Tommy Guns Barbershop here in Alberta & just showed them the screenshot from Instagram & they said it is accepted.

They just made sure I was a first-time customer to any Tommy Guns Barbershop branch in general by asking me my name, last name & phone number & then the haircut was free.

It was a head massage, shampoo & haircut all-in-one.

You may have to check in on the app before entering the shop (some places may not accept walk-ins) but other than that it should be free if you're a new customer :)

& for those REALLY concerned about tipping, after the haircut was done, the clerk at the register just said the haircut was complimentary for the first time & to have a nice day. Didn't have to tip or anything since they didn't prompt me to use the card machine or anything.

I also don't carry cash in general & even less so during COVID so I didn't end up tipping. Although I'm not sure if I should have or not. :|

Hope this helps :)
Images
  • 171287931_512317743262273_8529196219649642886_n.jpg
Last edited by kapid11 on Apr 21st, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
48 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4332 posts
2226 upvotes
Ontario here.

What's this haircut thing you speak of..?
[OP]
Aug 20, 2019
479 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton
hvc wrote: Ontario here.

Alberta here. Think they allowed us to have haircuts but only with appointments. Hope this works LOL
Nov 29, 2013
386 posts
451 upvotes
TORONTO

it's a ritual males participated in a long time ago every 4-6 weeks before some started looking like characters (Wookiees) from Star Wars
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9713 posts
4510 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy Guns are really good! Salon quality when I was out west, and usually expensive

it's sad...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1778 posts
1334 upvotes
BC
Guess you can ask before getting the haircut but most likely just suck up the cost if they say no rather than look cheap and embarrassed walking away...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28901 posts
9395 upvotes
I imagine with all the covid BS salons lost a lot of customers when many just started cutting their own hair, esp. men who tend to have more simple haircuts which are easier to DIY. Guess this is a promo to get them back in the doors.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2046 posts
2054 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Make sure to tip them %20 of what you paid.
Nov 30, 2016
618 posts
613 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Does it mention expiry anywhere? Be sure to tip.
Feb 25, 2015
914 posts
1120 upvotes
NB
kapid11 wrote: Tommy Guns
Loonie to enter, twenty to exit ;)
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
[OP]
Aug 20, 2019
479 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton
carbide wrote: Loonie to enter, twenty to exit ;)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :/
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1052 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Did anybody try this yet? Or contact their local shop to inquire? Seems bogus and/or too-good to be true
Aug 9, 2017
65 posts
33 upvotes
Can anyone tell me if it's worth flying out of Ontario for this deal? Seems like the covid numbers are lower there as well, might be a lot hotter of a deal than initially thought.
[OP]
Aug 20, 2019
479 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton
drew4008 wrote: Did anybody try this yet? Or contact their local shop to inquire? Seems bogus and/or too-good to be true
I'm guessing you'd have to show them physically in-person the advertisement & see if they honor it.

It's probably dependent upon each Tommy Guns location. I'm guessing some locations may honor it and some may not. Depending on their judgement.
Mar 5, 2013
362 posts
409 upvotes
Kitchener
I did this offer a couple of months ago, good haircut- but they're expensive (Like around $30 for a men's cut, I don't exactly remember). I tipped $10
Nov 26, 2014
457 posts
900 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I called in and mentioned I'd seen the offer on instagram. They confirmed it and booked an appointment. Didn't ask for anything else except my phone number to confirm I was a new customer.

Got a great cut for free! Tipped $15 because why not. Treated it as more of a 60% off kinda deal than being a cheapskate.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1052 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
I called my local shop and they said that it is indeed legit and they will honor it, but they mentioned there is a code that should be on there which is necessary. I don't see one in OP though...?
[OP]
Aug 20, 2019
479 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton
drew4008 wrote: I called my local shop and they said that it is indeed legit and they will honor it, but they mentioned there is a code that should be on there which is necessary. I don't see one in OP though...?
Yeah this is weird. I was on Instagram looking through people's stories & I took a screenshot of the ad in-between stories. I didn't see a code either.

I guess you could ask them in person when you show them the picture? I'm not sure either.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1146 posts
702 upvotes

I believe it's an old wooden ship