Expired Hot Deals

TOMS Shoes

TOMS Shoes samples sale ONLINE (Up to 70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 2:56 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
461 posts
599 upvotes

[TOMS Shoes] TOMS Shoes samples sale ONLINE (Up to 70% off)

TOMS shoes sample sale happening right now! started at 12 pm.

Site claims up to 70% off. From a quick glance, majority is 50% off which is still good. Majority of the shoes starts at $30 and up.

Free shipping over $100.
25 replies
Mar 20, 2019
372 posts
791 upvotes
shipping $10, also the tax applies to shipping? lol wth
Dec 13, 2019
23 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
If you can find them, winners sells the canvas models for 20$. That's 10$ cheaper than this deal.

If you can find them

I bought 3 pairs two weeks ago @ Gatineau
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1160 posts
585 upvotes
Edmonton
Curious where you came across this sale? It's interesting that it's not being held on the regular official Toms' website, nor is it mentioned anywhere there. People might want to contact Tom's directly to verify before ordering.
Feb 8, 2009
165 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
canukeneh wrote: Curious where you came across this sale? It's interesting that it's not being held on the regular official Toms' website, nor is it mentioned anywhere there. People might want to contact Tom's directly to verify before ordering.
I second this, even the security certificate makes no mention of any association with TOMS. Op where did you get this 'sale' info from, I'm on TOMS mailing list and didn't receive any mail for any 'flash' sale. Also there's no mention of this sale on their instagram/twitter feeds.
Dec 2, 2014
435 posts
409 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Brobie wrote: I second this, even the security certificate makes no mention of any association with TOMS. Op where did you get this 'sale' info from, I'm on TOMS mailing list and didn't receive any mail for any 'flash' sale. Also there's no mention of this sale on their instagram/twitter feeds.
its a sample sale, they do it every year in various cities, but this year due to covid it moved online, relax u two. this was advertised for weeks leading up to it, they also do sample sales of other brands
Feb 13, 2009
703 posts
327 upvotes
Ontario
These sellers and this sale has nothing to do with Tom's and their official website.

These guys (theflashsale) are just a group that buys up excess stock from liquidators and sells items marked down. I wouldn't be surprised if selection is limited to begin with.

Better known as Sample Sale Guys, they are known for selling sample sale quality of supposedly name brand goods in the past.

This is a link to a previous sale where they rent out a hotel room to sell the items. Just reading some of the posts, I'd be cautious with what they sell.

gta-sample-sale-guys-40-70-off-canada-g ... e-2085447/

There are reports from past sales of people suspecting they have a mix of genuine and fake/counterfeit goods. But I suppose to those who like expensive brand name goods it's the image that only matters right.
Last edited by mattt33 on Jul 16th, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2019
18 posts
19 upvotes
frankyCrankie wrote: its a sample sale, they do it every year in various cities, but this year due to covid it moved online, relax u two. this was advertised for weeks leading up to it, they also do sample sales of other brands
Nothing wrong with asking questions and staying cautious. Keep smart!
Feb 8, 2009
165 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
frankyCrankie wrote: its a sample sale, they do it every year in various cities, but this year due to covid it moved online, relax u two. this was advertised for weeks leading up to it, they also do sample sales of other brands
Kind of an important detail to leave out. No affiliation with TOMS. Third party vendor, limited stock, meaning no returns, all sales final? Correct? Maybe op should mention that in the thread title.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
461 posts
599 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: Curious where you came across this sale? It's interesting that it's not being held on the regular official Toms' website, nor is it mentioned anywhere there. People might want to contact Tom's directly to verify before ordering.
Brobie wrote: I second this, even the security certificate makes no mention of any association with TOMS. Op where did you get this 'sale' info from, I'm on TOMS mailing list and didn't receive any mail for any 'flash' sale. Also there's no mention of this sale on their instagram/twitter feeds.
Hi!

Like mattt33 and frankyCrankie said.. this sale is organized by a third party and was advertised on https://www.thesamplesaleguys.com/ which first caught my attention IG. I believe they normally have these sales in Sheraton Hotels, but due to Covid, they have moved it online.

Obviously, these shoes can be had for lower prices, but if you are in need of it now, its not a bad price especially with a wide selection. I love these sales cause I normally buy shoes that I like in bulk and hope they last me for several years :)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1160 posts
585 upvotes
Edmonton
Brobie wrote: Kind of an important detail to leave out. No affiliation with TOMS. Third party vendor, limited stock, meaning no returns, all sales final? Correct? Maybe op should mention that in the thread title.
And I guess no recourse if they send you the wrong item or size as the sale will be over by the time you receive it and likely no more inventory.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1160 posts
585 upvotes
Edmonton
canukeneh wrote: And I guess no recourse if they send you the wrong item or size as the sale will be over by the time you receive it and likely no more inventory.
wchau85 wrote: Hi!

Like mattt33 and frankyCrankie said.. this sale is organized by a third party and was advertised on https://www.thesamplesaleguys.com/ which first caught my attention IG. I believe they normally have these sales in Sheraton Hotels, but due to Covid, they have moved it online.

Obviously, these shoes can be had for lower prices, but if you are in need of it now, its not a bad price especially with a wide selection. I love these sales cause I normally buy shoes that I like in bulk and hope they last me for several years :)
Thanks for the clarification and the situation is understandable for these guys and their business model. I think from a consumer standpoint, it works better in person as you can see for yourself the condition of the final product and make the appropriate decision on a final sale. However given these are sample items, the condition can vary, and have to assume likely might show some wear or minor aesthetic imperfections and it's a gamble having it delivered final sale. Not sure these prices are good enough to warranted for some.
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
461 posts
599 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: Thanks for the clarification and the situation is understandable for these guys and their business model. I think from a consumer standpoint, it works better in person as you can see for yourself the condition of the final product and make the appropriate decision on a final sale. However given these are sample items, the condition can vary, and have to assume likely might show some wear or minor aesthetic imperfections and it's a gamble having it delivered final sale. Not sure these prices are good enough to warranted for some.
You make a really good point!

I actually haven't been to these sales in years, and hope this experience will be a good one.

Would like to think the damage I've seen in the past are from ppl tossing them around, so hopefully that's bypassed this time around. :)
Feb 8, 2009
165 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
canukeneh wrote: And I guess no recourse if they send you the wrong item or size as the sale will be over by the time you receive it and likely no more inventory.
Pretty much, also your giving up your personnel info/credit card info to a random third party. Buyer beware.
Nov 14, 2012
174 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver
Their policy as stated on the website:

"Due to the limited inventory available and the time sensitive nature of our flash sales, all sales are final. All sale items cannot be returned for a refund or exchange, unless the item received is faulty or your order was fulfilled incorrectly."

I suppose "faulty" is up to interpretation but I would assume it covers any major damage. Never dealt with their customer service before so not sure how accommodating they are, perhaps others can chime in.

FWIW, I ordered three pairs and paid with PayPal for the added buyer protection.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1848 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
Hesitant to purchase. Partner did so, as I. Went with it anyways.
Used PayPal.
The sale was advertised on Facebook ads and on Instagram.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3422 posts
3206 upvotes
Victoria
If you’re interested in the Payton model, Journeys has it for $39.99 w/ free shipping. Quick via FedEx (UPS sucks during COVID)
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1687 posts
1176 upvotes
Vancouver
Meh I was worried this would happen. The in-person sales were much better and prices were cheaper. More variety and designs as well. Hard pass especially considering shipping is added on your order unless you plan on spending $100+

Also, no youth sizes. Really disappointing.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4921 posts
551 upvotes
BC
The site might be fake... I read reviews.. buy at ur own risk