Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.com

Toner Refills - US$6.99 Samsung ML-2010 ML-1740 ML-1710 $12.99 Brother HL-1435 + s/h

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2012 5:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes

[eBay.com] Toner Refills - US$6.99 Samsung ML-2010 ML-1740 ML-1710 $12.99 Brother HL-1435 + s/h

These are from a U.S. seller and prices are in US currency.

ML-2010
ML-2010 US$6.99 (+s/h US$2.90) 1 - 65g black toner refill
ML-2010 US$7.99 (+s/h US$3.10) 1 - 90g black toner refill (high-yield)
(There are also 2, 4, 10 refills available.)
Thanks for siefer999's refill instructions:
[QUOTE]
condensed siefer99 version
remove the 2 philips screws, pry off the side cover to expose fill hole. avoid touching the greehn photoconductive drum
empty old toner
use a pair of needle nose pliers or a flat screwdriver to pull/pru off the fill plug hole
shake the toner bottle well and pour in, reinstall plug hole, etc.
shake cartraige. run test prints
est. time 5 mins. i could probably do it in 2.5mins
[/QUOTE]
and also from famous_unknown:
[QUOTE]
-two screws hold a plastic piece that covers thee hard plastic refill cap
-remove screws and plastic
-gently pry the cap off and dump old toner
-refill with new, go slow not to overfill (I went fast - what a mess )
-replace cap, give it a horizontal shake
-put back in printer
-qed
[IMG]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7228/20102ml.jpg[/IMG]
The purple arrows show where the short phillips-head screws come out of the toner cartridge. The screws are not much more than 1cm long and just hold the black plastic plate to the main body of the catridge.
The plate is shown roughly to scale. It's not very thick. It just covers the hollow in which the refill hole is located - there are no loose parts or complicated crap inside for you to screw up. The red arrow shows where you will find the hole once you remove the plate. The refill hole is about the size of a quarter.
Use a very thing flat-head screwdriver, knife, etc. to pry the hard plastic cap up a little. You don't want to use much force. Then once the cap is slightly loosened, grab the cap with a pair of needle nosed pliers and give it one solid yank. Cap is off, refill slowly, and work put it back together. Try no to touch the green part when you're handling it. Done!
[/QUOTE]

Samsung ML-1710, ML-1740
ML1710D1 US$5.99 (+s/h US$2.5) 1 - 65g black toner refill (For Starter Kit 1000 sheets)
ML1710D3 US$6.99 (+s/h US$2.5) 1 - 90g black toner refill (For Regular Kit 3000 sheets)

Brother HL-1435
TN460 US$12.99 (+s/h US$3.90) 1 - 210g black toner refill (high-yield)

[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]eBay[/rfdlink]:
http://stores.ebay.com/TonerKits-SUPERSTORE
http://www.tonerkits.com/featuredtonerkits.html

Great prices and very easy to refill. (Easier than refilling ink-jets. Refilling time is about 5-10 minutes.)
Fast shipping, no custom charges for small orders (e.g. 2 refills), no taxes.
Had placed several orders with them with no problem.
I've refilled several starter kits (ML-1710D1) for 3 times each, printouts are still sharp and clear,
then toner starts building up at the two drum ends making black stripes on the 2 sides of printouts.

From the seller TonerKits:
General Information:
We expect to see a lot of orders from Canadian buyers for the Samsung ML-1610/1615 series, ML-2010/2015/2020 series and for the Multifunction SCX-4521 as well. All these machines use very similar cartridges and are refilled the same basic way. Despite the similarity in toner cartridges, we suggest using only the recommended kit for each cartridge because of variations in load size and hardware requirements (i.e. the SCX model requires a reset fuse). The new [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] LaserPrinter 1100 is also part of this group since it is a Samsung design.

Q1. Is the ML-2010 using the same refill method as the ML-1710 and ML-1740 ?
Ans. The cartridge design is somewhat different than the ML-1710/1740 so the refill method incorporates an additional step in the refilling process. We still consider it an easy cartridge to refill and have attached a set of refill instructions to this email so you can see what's involved.

Q2. What is the difference between (regular) toner and hi-yield toner for the ML-2010 ?
Ans. The difference between our regular and hi-yield refills is the amount of toner that comes in the bottle. The toner is the same type...just different pre-measured load sizes depending on the cartridge being refilled.

Disclaimer:
I have nothing related to TonerKits. I am merely a customer like you guys.
Please direct your purchase/questions to them.

Refill Pak Includes: (N.B. toner is about 1/4 bottle full with the 65g.)
1 bottle of high quality toner with pouring spouts and illustrated instructions.
Specifications:
Each factory sealed bottle contains one pre-measured refill specially formulated for use with the models/ctgs.

[IMG]http://s87142042.onlinehome.us/Temp/ML1710refill.jpg[/IMG]

Click HERE to see "Toner Refill Tricks They'd Rather You Didn't Know".

Refill method for Samsung ML-1710, ML-1740
1. pry around the cap and unplug it when it gets loose.
2. pour in the toner.
3. plug the cover.
4. shake the cartridge horizontally.
5. done.
[IMG]http://s87142042.onlinehome.us/Temp/ML1710cart.jpg[/IMG]
727 replies
Feb 27, 2003
506 posts
105 upvotes
Great deal - can you provide an overview of what is required to refill the 1710?

thanks.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
For Samsung ML1710 each refill is for printing 3000 pages same as the regular replacement cartridge.
Assume same number of pages as a regular cartridge for other brands.

Here is the refill method:
http://www.tonerkits.com/techdoc/e210/t ... -ebay.html

Samsung ML1710 is similar to the left one:
1. unplug the cover on the side.
2. pour in the toner.
3. plug the cover.
4. shake horizontally the cartridge.
5. done.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5943 posts
2424 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought from these guys before and can vouch for them as well. The quality of the toner refills is excellent - I can't tell the difference at all . . .
I am a little miffed by their new policy though. I bought from them using PayPal before, but they won't take it as a form of payment any more. Too bad.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1314 upvotes
Sauga
You ML1710 owners are lucky... For my Laserjet 6L, I have to use the "Universal Hole Tool" (i.e., fancy soldering iron) because it doesn't already have a plug/hole. :(
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Originally posted by blainehamilton@Feb 25 2004, 01:17 PM
Any word on how many pages an hp or samsung drum will last thru?
For Samsung, they suggest 1 refill for the starter kit and 2 refills for the regular cartridge.
However, I've refilled the starter kit twice and still ok
but only give a darker background when printing on the same page
more than once.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Originally posted by milhaus@Feb 25 2004, 01:37 PM
I've bought from these guys before and can vouch for them as well. The quality of the toner refills is excellent - I can't tell the difference at all . . .
I am a little miffed by their new policy though. I bought from them using PayPal before, but they won't take it as a form of payment any more. Too bad.
Yes, they don't accept PayPal outside US.
Just get a Money Order for a few bucks more.
Apr 17, 2001
374 posts
288 upvotes
Following your link for their auction, it's cheaper than buying from their website...

2 toners for $9.98 (instead of 2x6.99)
+ $5.75 shipping and handling.

yea... Too bad only US Paypal. :(
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Originally posted by kelf@Feb 25 2004, 01:51 PM
Following your link for their auction, it's cheaper than buying from their website...

2 toners for $9.98 (instead of 2x6.99)
+ $5.75 shipping and handling.

yea... Too bad only US Paypal. :(
You might be right even
US $5.75 (within United States)

It was cheaper direct from them for my first purchase.
Gotta check with them next time.
Aug 7, 2001
685 posts
132 upvotes
Great deal. I was looking for some toner refill places for my ML-1430. I have to go through my two "discounted" toners thanks to staples.ca first, but after I go through those, I'll definitely look at this company.

And are the toner and drum combined, or is there a separate toner cartridge and separate drum?
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Originally posted by RudeDoggy@Feb 25 2004, 02:26 PM
Great deal. I was looking for some toner refill places for my ML-1430. I have to go through my two "discounted" toners thanks to staples.ca first, but after I go through those, I'll definitely look at this company.

And are the toner and drum combined, or is there a separate toner cartridge and separate drum?
Refill Pak Includes:
65g bottles of high quality toner with
pouring spouts and illustrated instructions.

Specifications:
Each factory sealed bottle contains one
pre-measured refill specially formulated
for use with the models/ctgs listed below.

You only get the bottle of "toner"(powder) and the pouring spout.
NO drum or other printer parts.
Aug 7, 2001
685 posts
132 upvotes
Originally posted by robinto+Feb 25 2004, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (robinto @ Feb 25 2004, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--RudeDoggy@Feb 25 2004, 02:26 PM

Refill Pak Includes:
65g bottles of high quality toner with
pouring spouts and illustrated instructions.

Specifications:
Each factory sealed bottle contains one
pre-measured refill specially formulated
for use with the models/ctgs listed below.

You only get the bottle of "toner"(powder) and the pouring spout.
NO drum or other printer parts. [/b][/quote]
You didn't understand my question. Some toner cartridges combine the drum, which effectively does not allow you to change the toner or drum without changing both. And doing a quick Google search, it appears this is such a cartridge. So how much does each cartridge yield in terms of page count? Let me be more clear. How many total pages can be printed with one toner/drum cartridge including refills? (i.e. How many times can I print with one cartridge including refills before I have to throw it out since the drum is no longer good?)
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11532 posts
2339 upvotes
Edmonton
I asked the same question above and did a little research.

It's all based on your printing. Lasers are good for high volume over short periods. Low volume is bad for the drum because it has to heat up and cool down constantly.

Samsung and HP both rate their drums for 3000 pages. From what other people have posted elsewhere, most people get an average of 10000 pages from these drums under 'average' volume.

In my personal experience, I have seen brother drums go for 40000 pages or more before replacement, so if youre running high print volumes, you should be good for at least 2 refills.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Originally posted by RudeDoggy@Feb 25 2004, 02:36 PM
You didn't understand my question. Some toner cartridges combine the drum, which effectively does not allow you to change the toner or drum without changing both. And doing a quick Google search, it appears this is such a cartridge. So how much does each cartridge yield in terms of page count? Let me be more clear. How many total pages can be printed with one toner/drum cartridge including refills? (i.e. How many times can I print with one cartridge including refills before I have to throw it out since the drum is no longer good?)
For this Samsung ML1710, the cartridge does include a drum and the refill hole is located at the back of the cartridge.
The start up cartridge (comes with the printer) can print 1000 pages while a regular (replacement) one can print 3000 pages.
Each refill toner is suppose to fill up a regular one, i.e. 3000 pages.
No idea about cartridge/drum life but they suggest :
1 refill for the starter kit and 2 refills for the regular cartridge.
However, I've refilled the start up cartridge the second time and printouts are still sharp and clear, only give a darker background when printing on the same page more than once.
Jan 15, 2002
660 posts
Calgary
Amazing deal. Thanks.

I'm going to keep the new toner i got from staples for my important documents and use a refilled starter toner for my school notes.

Thanks alot&#33;
Refs: Heat 92-0-0 ; Ebay 25-0-0

Please trade safe, Sign up and use Heatware
I do not use paypal.
Feb 6, 2003
951 posts
30 upvotes
:mellow: Be very careful of refills for the low end Samsung and Brother laser printers.

Be Warned... I have a friend that does refills for a living and he's seen too many of these printers damaged by refills. He explains that the toner particals is too large for the printers and you get scoring / scratching of the drum (easily &#036;100+ replacement) and some dealers sell toner that actually clumps drum assembly, requiring it to be reconditioned (many parts replaced). He also finds that the output is no longer clear / easy to read after refilling. He's no longer doing refills for these printers, due to many bad experiences and not being able to consistently purchase the correct type of refill toner (it's hit or miss).

He likes refilling HPs the best, because the toner is always consistant and easy to get.

Never drill into a toner cartridge, the plastic bits will ruin your drum; the hot soldering iron is the best for the consumer / refiller.

Happy Refilling...
[OP]
Sep 8, 2003
713 posts
32 upvotes
Considering now the Samsung price comes down to around &#036;140 while a replacement cartridge costs &#036;100+, it's still worth to risk it, imo.
Sep 2, 2003
1 posts
Vancity Baby!
I usually buy my toner from this guy on ebay. His prices are a bit higher but he's in Canada so no custom charges on large orders. He takes paypal and I got my stuff in about a week.

heyihaoyuxin

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)