Fitness and Nutrition

Too many brands on Amazon for exercise bands etc. Which ones are trusted?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2020 7:52 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8777 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto

Too many brands on Amazon for exercise bands etc. Which ones are trusted?

Looking for looped bands to rehab/strengthen extremely tight and overused shoulder (rotator cuff soreness), hips, and jumper's knee (patellar tendonitis). Already have foam rollers and lacrosse balls. Have two Therabands but they they're pretty thin and I already snapped one while tying the ends together to form a loop. Any recommended, trusted, affordable brands out there on Amazon?? The last time I checked was 2-3 years ago and now it seems like there are 20-30 more brands :\.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3131 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
MtX wrote: Looking for looped bands to rehab/strengthen extremely tight and overused shoulder (rotator cuff soreness), hips, and jumper's knee (patellar tendonitis). Already have foam rollers and lacrosse balls. Have two Therabands but they they're pretty thin and I already snapped one while tying the ends together to form a loop. Any recommended, trusted, affordable brands out there on Amazon?? The last time I checked was 2-3 years ago and now it seems like there are 20-30 more brands :\.
I have a feeling that you probably put too much weight/force on the therabands, they seem to be rated between 3-5lbs. I've got a black 3 year old WOD nation band that's rated for 30-60lbs and it works pretty well for things like band assisted pullups and other uses.

So.. WOD Nation. That's my suggestion. Been thinking of picking up their lightest band (red) for my own shoulder rehab work.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1405 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
I found the best ones arent on Amazon
but at Sportchek - they carry a brand
“PTP” thats really good quality.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6674 posts
1416 upvotes
I have several from Fitness Avenue, AmStaff brand that have lasted maybe 8-9 years so far. I use the thicker strength bands for various things but maybe their mini bands would be enough for what you need?

https://www.fitnessavenue.ca/zrb2/strength-bands

I have all the colours of Therabands too and the black one is thick. I’ve snapped the blue/red/yellow...but the black one is much less fragile.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5031 posts
1709 upvotes
Amazon Basics bands are the same as AmStaff.

I went with the Amazon ones as my guess is they'll be more lenient if they break.
Let's hug it out

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)