Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1831 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario

Too many Spiders inside...

I'm a normally, "Live and Let Live" guy when it comes to Spiders... but when they are falling on your head watching TV, I'm pulling the rip cord. Too many spiders this season for some reason.

Should I be spraying outside my perimeter or what? Again, I know they're beneficial but when they are obviously multiplying so much and I'm walking through webs in my house, it gets to be a nuisance. They are beige in colour, about 1.5cm with their legs.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8959 posts
6017 upvotes
Kootenays
Vacuum them up inside your house. They are likely reproducing inside. Don't kill them outside.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6020 posts
6249 upvotes
Toronto
Get a cat. Spiders are fun cat snacks.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6880 posts
2445 upvotes
GTA
Hoob is talking crazy....Get a couple of centipedes. You only need cats after lizards eat the centipedes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1831 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Zamboni wrote: Hoob is talking crazy....Get a couple of centipedes. You only need cats after lizards eat the centipedes.
I have those too, although not as many as previous years. They don't seem to be doing their job.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1109 posts
594 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Gibsons wrote: I have those too, although not as many as previous years. They don't seem to be doing their job.
The centipedes are probably too full to eat any more...they are just sleeping in the crawlspace so you are not seeing them.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1201 posts
931 upvotes
Durham Region
Zamboni wrote: Hoob is talking crazy....Get a couple of centipedes. You only need cats after lizards eat the centipedes.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6484 posts
1140 upvotes
You don't have too many spiders. You have too many of something else that the spiders are feeding on.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1831 posts
1245 upvotes
Southern Ontario
woof wrote: You don't have too many spiders. You have too many of something else that the spiders are feeding on.
Possibly.
Sep 23, 2019
219 posts
282 upvotes
I have used "Spider Ban" spray from Canadian Tire. It kills spiders and coats walls so they do not like walking on that wall.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1059 posts
208 upvotes
Oakville
we use to have hundreds of baby spiders in the the finished basement of our last house. This was in Toronto, so it was a small house, and our 'family' room where the primary tv was in the basement (so outside of the kitchen this was the most frequent room). Every year around this time, baby spiders would always show up. Coming down from the inside of potlights, electrical outlets, etc... it was almost daily for 1-2 weeks we had to constantly vacuum these damn things up.

I do not miss that house at all!