Mar 27, 2007
942 posts
Toronto
No Direct Energy? I demand a recount
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1999 posts
174 upvotes
I can only think of one right now....NORTHWEST AIRLINES.

Don't ever fly them! Mechanical problems left and right (4/6 planes I flew on in one trip had a problem), serious delays, lack of compassion (i.e. won't pay for a hotel) when they cancel your flight due to "weather" when there is no weather problem, losing my luggage. Yes that was all one trip.

I will never fly with them again.
Apr 7, 2007
118 posts
Thornhill, Ontario
1) Iams
2) Future Shop
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14717 posts
3196 upvotes
Toronto
girlstar wrote: I can only think of one right now....NORTHWEST AIRLINES.

Don't ever fly them! Mechanical problems left and right (4/6 planes I flew on in one trip had a problem), serious delays, lack of compassion (i.e. won't pay for a hotel) when they cancel your flight due to "weather" when there is no weather problem, losing my luggage. Yes that was all one trip.

I will never fly with them again.
I can vouch for the mechanical problems. I was on a flight a few years back, and as the plane was backing out of the gate, we hear this LOUD CLUNK. after 45 min to 1 hour of them fixing the right landing gear (under my seat I may add), they tell us they will fly at a high altitude (43,000 ft) and at MAX speed and make a 1 hour flight in 35 min. Damn plane was shaking like an old Hyundai with a loose wheel!
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1074 posts
hightech wrote: I can vouch for the mechanical problems. I was on a flight a few years back, and as the plane was backing out of the gate, we hear this LOUD CLUNK. after 45 min to 1 hour of them fixing the right landing gear (under my seat I may add), they tell us they will fly at a high altitude (43,000 ft) and at MAX speed and make a 1 hour flight in 35 min. Damn plane was shaking like an old Hyundai with a loose wheel!
What airplane was this do you remember?

i have yet to know of commercial airline that flies higher than 35,000ft.
43,000ft is very high because if my memory serves me right at 45,000ft you start noticing the curveness of our planet and it becomes dark-ish and feels like you are entering the space.
Mar 9, 2008
216 posts
I would say you get what you pay for. If you value service expect to pay more.

For me personally, the biggest rip offs I see are Bell and Rogers. I get that stupid Rogers Home Phone flyer every month. Despite telling them that I am more than happy with Vonage, they insist on killing a small forest to get me to sign up....

Branat mentioned Direct Energy. Thats a scam for sure. I came close to signing up once. The guy flipped out on me when I said I want to keep the contract over night before I sign the final signature. After that I did manage to compare their contract gas price and the market gas price. The chances of the market gas price climbing above the contract gas prices are really low. There would have to be some kind of serious supply shortage for that to happen.

Now if Direct Energy did the same thing for gasoline prices....that would be a different story. I attended a presentation on energy security a while back and was scared silly by what the analyst had to say....but thats a different story....
Mar 9, 2008
216 posts
I dont think Sears deserves a spot up there. Personally, I dont shop there much because I have a Direct Buy membership and I have a cousin who works for HBC who gets me discounts on whatever else I want. But every interaction I have had with Sears has been positive, even when I tell them that I am not going to make my purchase there. If I can get a deal there, I would definitely take it.
Dec 31, 1969
1.) Best Buy
2.) The Source
3.) Save On Foods
4.) Sears
5.) Shoppers Drug Mart
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
3661 posts
4 upvotes
-
1.Bell Mobility
2.Canadian Tire mechanical department
3.Bell Mobility
4.The Canadian Government (revenue canada,UI)
5.Bell Mobility
Dec 12, 2007
774 posts
3 upvotes
Nanaimo
1. Rogers (the STORES only. I do my business through retentions :-0 )
2. Shopper's (Being accused of shoplifting PISSED me off. Under the circumstances, it was completely uncalled for)
3. Staples Warranties (Bought most expensive one, when hard drive failed, no computer for 2 months, and 200 dollar charge for labour)

Those are the only really bad ones I can think of for now....
Sep 27, 2004
737 posts
171 upvotes
Scarborough
Tigerdirect
Canada Computers
Futureshop
Rogers
MDG LOL im surprised they have a market.
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
mudman24 wrote: 1)Mdg
2)Bell
3)UPS
Exactly my top 3. Horrible horrible companies.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1428 posts
185 upvotes
I personally havent had any experience with Canadian tire.

But from all the horror stories I heard about them, I will think twice about purchasing a big ticket items. I would like to know that I have the option to return the product, if I do not like it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
1022 posts
8 upvotes
mudman24 wrote: 1)Mdg
2)Bell
3)UPS

4)Future Shop
5)Sears
Those top 3 you have, I STRONGLY agree with.

Mdg is just horrible, had a friend deal with them one time, they're just crap.

Ups I don't like because of customs

Bell I just hate for overcharging me and a whole list of others.
[OP]
Feb 9, 2006
758 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
2-3 years ago I would have agreed that Sears shouldnt even be a consideration for this list, but things have changed for the worst for that company. Prices have gone skyrocketing, marketing strategies are poor, and the quality of their products are even poorer. Even their customer service has taken a nose dive!

As for Future shop, customer service sucks! I have been lied too so many times in that store its beyond pathetic. You have to fight with them to honor returns and for them to honor extended warrenties, and even when you do get them to honor them for a broken product, chances are it will break down again because of a cheaply done repair job.

I was tempted to add Tip Top ever since they were taken over 3-4 years ago.
Oct 20, 2005
668 posts
76 upvotes
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: -
1.Bell Mobility
2.Canadian Tire mechanical department
3.Bell Mobility
4.The Canadian Government (revenue canada,UI)
5.Bell Mobility
1. Bell ExpressVu
2. Bell Telephone
3. Bell Mobility
4. Bell Sympatico
5. Bell anything else they ever dip their hands into.

Those are my votes. I agree that Sears has taken a dip the last few years but IMO they are still a decent operation.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
1022 posts
8 upvotes
SomeGuyyyyyy wrote: 1. Bell ExpressVu
2. Bell Telephone
3. Bell Mobility
4. Bell Sympatico
5. Bell anything else they ever dip their hands into.

Those are my votes. I agree that Sears has taken a dip the last few years but IMO they are still a decent operation.
haha. You really hate Bell eh?