Top 5 companies you avoid at all costs

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2011 4:05 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Late Night Merchant wrote: 2. Burger King: I once had a cheeseburger that was dated Dec 2006 back in July 2007, but didn't realize till I took a bite out of that crap.
What? Where do you find these dates on BK's products? (OK, I haven't been to BK in many years but I never saw dates on them.)
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Dark-Colonel wrote: 5. Canada Post, unbelivably high customs fee.
Excuse me? CP charges a $5 brokerage fee, which is the cheapest anywhere. All other fees are government mandates and not CP's fault.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4775 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
Jucius Maximus wrote: Excuse me? CP charges a $5 brokerage fee, which is the cheapest anywhere. All other fees are government mandates and not CP's fault.
Yes excuse you, FYI I have shipped and received products from UPS without being customed (and these are PC components I buy and sell on ATT and [H]).

3 months ago, CP charged me freaking $10 customs on a $30 game I bought from eBay (well $8.50 duty tax to be exact) but WTF is up with that?

Aside from expensive customs, how about the fact that they have an incredibly slow customer service. It took them 1.5 months to refund me a damaged product.
RFD BST Feedback [107 - 0 - 0] | Heatware [72 - 0 - 0]
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
1. The contracters that "worked" on my house. I should have put out water for their horses to drink. My $1000 shower door still clunks and my roof still leaks.

2. Starbucks....Evil corp but your feeling it now eh? Closing down 600 branches, that's Karma right there. Serves you right for trying to make a $5 cup of coffee seem trendy.

3. Whoever is responsible for the "special deal $299 flights with one trillion dollars in taxes and fees added on". Oh, and the uncompetitive airline industry in Canada. Go to Europe....see what I mean...flights for $100 or less often AND no ridiculous security fees.

4. TICKETMASTER you blood sucking devious a$$holes. Same as above....wtf is a "facility charge" anyway? Where are you going to have the concert..in mid air?? Why do you sell all your tickets to scalpers?

5. Rogers.....thanks for realising you're essentially a monopoly on decent cellphones in this country and for consistently reminding us by reaming us in grand fashion. However, what goes around comes around and when I get the chance.....middle finger to you baby.

I'm adding a #6 too...

6. Starchoice. Well done, I really appreciate your intermittent service to my house and the overpriced movies you have together with a pricing system that puts the rate of inflation in Zimbabwe to shame......you leeches.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
1) Telus
2) Rogers (I hate Bell too, but they're kind of the lesser of 3 evils)
3) Tim Horton's (terrible coffee, terrible donuts, what is wrong with Canadians?)
4) Canadian Tire (I try to avoid but often can't, terrible store layout, god-awful product quality, abysmal service)
5) Real Canadian Superstore (worst supermarket aisle layout imaginable, some are vertical, some are horizontal, some are diagonal, WTF? I would like to shop there because they have good products and low prices, but can't)
6) Blockbuster (who rents videos in this day and age?)
7) Southgate Volkswagen in Edmonton (the service department is downright nasty)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1732 posts
403 upvotes
Kitchener
1: UPS
2: Rogers
3: Landlords
4: www.tnt21.com
5: UPS

UPS is up there because of the shaft on brokerage NUMEROUS times, the sketchy drivers not delivering despite putting on the computer they attempted deliveries.
Rogers is up there because they are basically refusing to sell outright off contract now (was looking to get wireless internet, and they wouldnt sell any card off contract despite their flyer's showing the price of no contract.. even then theyd say that your locked into the contract because the plan requires it.. dumbshits)
Landlords are up there because every landlord stinks. all they want is the money, they dont want to spend a dime on anything... luckily the person renting is heavily protected for just about everything landlords put on contracts (pets for one are always allowed unless allergies are an issue, and theres just about anyway to get out of a lease nowadays).
tnt21.com because they are a nuclear power plant town expecting everyone to have no issue with $200+ net bills.. they advertise unlimited, but charge $3gig overages after like 40gigs a month.. even though they share the same optics as the local DSL company which never has overages.
UPS again because theyre $30 minimum brokerage charges for someone to walk from deskA to deskB and sign a paper.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Dark-Colonel wrote: 3 months ago, CP charged me freaking $10 customs on a $30 game I bought from eBay (well $8.50 duty tax to be exact) but WTF is up with that?
The duty costs are levied by the Federal Government, not CP.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Am I the only one that thinks Ticketmaster are a bunch of f@#$ers?
Mar 19, 2006
576 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington
JC69 wrote: Am I the only one that thinks Ticketmaster are a bunch of f@#$ers?
So not at all. They now hold back tickets that can be had by consumers and sell them at TicketsNow.com. That's their scalping off-shoot. Thank DOG my band has pre-sales.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2504 upvotes
BC
1.) Walmart - horrible ethics, feels like a cattle mart
2.) UPS - Been burned by insane duty fees, slow shipping, and incompetent CSRs
3.) Canadian Tire - worst quality merchandise, photo ID return policy
4.) A tie!!! Bell/Rogers/Telus - for ruining the internet AND cellular service in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: 4.) A tie!!! Bell/Rogers/Telus - for ruining the internet AND cellular service in Canada.
Couldn't agree with you more. All three companies working in oligopolic unison are literally holding Canada back technologically. Did you know that, among all the major developed nations, Canada has by far the lowest cell phone use at only about 60% of the general population?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
I forgot to mention Air Canada on my list. Can't wait till Westjet's flight schedules are integrated with Southwest and I can fly anywhere in North America without having to set foot on an Air Canada jet. I would actually have to say that Air Canada is the worst of all of them, I can't believe I forgot them on my list... I guess just because I don't fly that much.
Dec 1, 2007
16 posts
Rogers
Canadian Tire(nechanical Department)
Kanda Optical
Rona
Source By Circuit City
Nov 23, 2007
413 posts
41 upvotes
1. Scare Canada - treats their customers worse than cattle, at least cattle are killed humanely.
2. Telus - holds their customers in contempt
3. Mastercard: screwed me over several times when trying to get chargebacks done for goods/services not delivered

Since I ordered some things from Tigerdirect earlier today I am a little concerned by how many people feel this is a revolting company. Can anyone elaborate on what is so bad about Tigerdirect?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
8569 posts
1763 upvotes
tahirrana wrote: Source By Circuit City
Source/Radioshack always been on my do not shop list. Crappy selection, terrible prices, no service, low quality generic crap.
trilinearmipmap wrote: 3. Mastercard: screwed me over several times when trying to get chargebacks done for goods/services not delivered
I assume you mean MBNA? It's impossible to have a Mastercard with MBNA without having those a-holes call you every month, trying to sell you something, no matter how often you tell them to stop calling. With my Citi Mastercard I only had to tell them off once and they haven't called me since.