Apr 29, 2011
25 posts
Vancouver
mudman24 wrote: 1)Mdg
2)Bell
3)UPS
4)Future Shop
5)Sears

I'm surprised Canadian Tire isn't up there.
Girl, I can't feel my face. What are we smokin' anyway?
She said don't let the high go to waste. But can you taste, a little taste of
Novacane, baby, baby, novacane, baby
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3561 posts
653 upvotes
Kingston
For me it is:

1) Bell (do I need to go into detail? :D )
2) Primus (horrid customer service, but this was a few yrs ago)
3) The Brick (some times I will shop there depending on the item, but not often)
4) IKEA (majority of what the sell is cheap and absolute garbage)
5) Leon's (same as The Brick)
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14503 posts
2986 upvotes
Toronto
ashomar wrote: 2001 Audio/Video
Worst return policy. Just paid for the item, went to my car and changed my mind. Went back to return it 5 minutes later. They told me that they can only give me store credit or exchange for another item at the same price no refund.

Should you not be asking of the return policy before buying things? It is silly to assume that every store has a liberal return policy.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
mom0luv wrote: I'm surprised Canadian Tire isn't up there.

I dunno what happened in your case but for me CT is a good store.
They have awesome deals on tools and if you live outside GTA their CSR's are great.

Now the Auto repair section... well that is crapp.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury
northfur1 wrote: 5. Walmart: Their stores are messy and cluttered. We rarely go there anymore, maybe every few months, we've been burned too many times with bringing items home to discover parts missing from boxes, broken parts in boxes, stains, cracks, etc.

This is because they put returned merchandise back out on the floor. Even if it's damaged or an item that can't be resold because of health regulations(electric razor), it still goes back out. This is common practice at both the London stores I've been to. - White Oaks & Argyle.

For me:

1. Bell - Choking out TekSavvy's customers to the point where downloading is USELESS. Changing profiles of customers, lying to potential customers, the list goes on. I'm glad I haven't been a direct customers of theirs for years. They also call people on the DNCL as well, yet they're the ones that are supposed to be managing it. -This is basically like the fox guarding the hen house.

2. Rogers - Does this need an explanation?

3. Private Career Colleges - The whole lot of them are a scam. Spend the time it takes to get into a real school, even if it delays you getting your education started by another year, it will be well worth it in the end. There's no way in hell they can ever compare to a publicly funded school like Fanshawe or Cambrian.

4. Best Buy - Selling two year warranties to you but it really is only a one year warranty. - The store warranty doesn't kick in until the manufacturer's one ends. Unprofessional sales staff really don't help either. - Oddly enough, I've never had an issue with Future Shop, yet.

5. EB Games - A few years ago I bought the "Edge" card for the discounts on used games. I only bought it because at the time, it would have paid for itself right away. Flash forward to a few months later and I get told my card is no longer valid because the sticker on it was "applied to the card wrong" and that I need to buy another one. Told them don't bother, walked out on a sale that would have been about $100 and went downtown to Dundas Discs instead. All that over a simple $4.00.

edit: Shoppers Drug Mart - Grossly overpriced, I only go here if it's necessary, and now that the London stores are no longer 24/7, I have even less reason to go. They have decent sales sometimes, (like the Asus Disney netbook last year for $179.99) but that's rare.
Banned
Mar 19, 2011
45 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
1.) Chinavasion
2.) The Source
3.) Dhgate
4.) Save On Foods
5.) Shoppers Drug Mart
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1507 posts
376 upvotes
Richmond, BC
1 - Apple
2 - McDonalds
3 - Bell
4 - Research in Motion (RIM)
5 - Shell
Jan 30, 2011
80 posts
Toronto
1.Rogers
2. Canadian tires
3. Walmart
4. Air Canada
5. Canada Computers
Aug 30, 2008
898 posts
179 upvotes
ON
LondonOntGuy wrote: This is because they put returned merchandise back out on the floor. Even if it's damaged or an item that can't be resold because of health regulations(electric razor), it still goes back out. This is common practice at both the London stores I've been to. - White Oaks & Argyle.

For me:

1. Bell - Choking out TekSavvy's customers to the point where downloading is USELESS. Changing profiles of customers, lying to potential customers, the list goes on. I'm glad I haven't been a direct customers of theirs for years. They also call people on the DNCL as well, yet they're the ones that are supposed to be managing it. -This is basically like the fox guarding the hen house.

2. Rogers - Does this need an explanation?

3. Private Career Colleges - The whole lot of them are a scam. Spend the time it takes to get into a real school, even if it delays you getting your education started by another year, it will be well worth it in the end. There's no way in hell they can ever compare to a publicly funded school like Fanshawe or Cambrian.

4. Best Buy - Selling two year warranties to you but it really is only a one year warranty. - The store warranty doesn't kick in until the manufacturer's one ends. Unprofessional sales staff really don't help either. - Oddly enough, I've never had an issue with Future Shop, yet.

5. EB Games - A few years ago I bought the "Edge" card for the discounts on used games. I only bought it because at the time, it would have paid for itself right away. Flash forward to a few months later and I get told my card is no longer valid because the sticker on it was "applied to the card wrong" and that I need to buy another one. Told them don't bother, walked out on a sale that would have been about $100 and went downtown to Dundas Discs instead. All that over a simple $4.00.

edit: Shoppers Drug Mart - Grossly overpriced, I only go here if it's necessary, and now that the London stores are no longer 24/7, I have even less reason to go. They have decent sales sometimes, (like the Asus Disney netbook last year for $179.99) but that's rare.

oh EB. always trying to sell me their "disc scratch" protection thing for $3 every single time. =/ who actually messes up their discs THAT badly over time?
Mar 17, 2011
6 posts
I just generally avoid stores that have pushy sales people. I don't want nor do I need someone to tell me what I want or need! Stores such as Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie and Fitch, Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, it's all the same thing anyway. Hate Virgin Mobile also. Stores like Mac and the Body Shop have really pushy sales people too. I just want to be left the hell alone so I guess that would include Future Shop too. I could go on...
Mar 3, 2008
602 posts
261 upvotes
stardustcross wrote: oh EB. always trying to sell me their "disc scratch" protection thing for $3 every single time. =/ who actually messes up their discs THAT badly over time?

Ya... I've never had a problem with that. All my discs are scratch free.
Think much, speak little, write less.