• Dec 1st, 2009 2:04 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 16, 2009
6 posts
Mississauaga

Top Cell Phone Plans And Carriers?

I've been looking for a phone and I was wondering if anyone has been satisfied with a cellphone plan and carrier.

I was looking for a plan that was $20 or under/month. I have been looking at Rogers and Telus and wanted to see if you guys could help me find the perfect plan.

Thanks!!!
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21030 posts
14975 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
RandomMaker wrote: I was looking for a plan that was $20 or under/month.
Good luck if that's supposed to be all-in, i.e. airtime, calling features, VM, NAF, etc.

You might get more response if you posted some details of what you're looking for, e.g. minutes per month, plain phone vs. fancy, text, data, calling features, etc.

Also, don't rule out pay-as-you-go. Check out the current 7-11 SpeakOut promotion where you get a free (but basic) phone when you buy $100 airtime. There's a lengthy thread in the main Deals forum.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1298 posts
1122 upvotes
For around 20$ and under, I'd recommend, Fido, Virgin Mobile or Koodo.
You don't need a fixed contract, they don't charge system access fees, their cheapest plan start at 15$ a month and you can can always add or remove features every month.

Depends what you plan on using your cell phone for most. Do you want mostly airtime, texting..? Do you care about the cell phone model?

The providers I mentioned offer basic plans but if you want something very reliable or more features when it comes to cell phones, you'll pay the premium for Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8505 posts
4337 upvotes
Good luck getting anything decent for $20 all in ....
Dec 20, 2007
603 posts
47 upvotes
The best deals are retension plans given to existing customers. Really you only get a good price on a phone as a new sub, not a good plan. There are some decent ones out there for students or epp but the real deals are with retensions. Search Hot deal for rogers wireless customers
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
RandomMaker wrote: I've been looking for a phone and I was wondering if anyone has been satisfied with a cellphone plan and carrier.

I was looking for a plan that was $20 or under/month. I have been looking at Rogers and Telus and wanted to see if you guys could help me find the perfect plan.

Thanks!!!
Do you want your mother to spoon feed you too? Don't be so lazy. Do your own research like everyone else.
[OP]
Jul 16, 2009
6 posts
Mississauaga
Eyeman wrote: Do you want your mother to spoon feed you too? Don't be so lazy. Do your own research like everyone else.
Of course I did some research but I wanted to make sure I can refine some details on a Deals Forum.

anyways thanks guys!