[Top Choice Electronics] LG WM3700HVA Washer + DLEX3700V Dryer $1399 + delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 4:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 10, 2014
138 posts
99 upvotes

[Top Choice Electronics] LG WM3700HVA Washer + DLEX3700V Dryer $1399 + delivery

For the Ontario Energy rebate, retailers with only 1 to 4 locations in Ontario can offer the rebate until March 2021. Retailers with more than 4 locations had the rebate end on Sept. 30. So basically you will only find small retailers offering the rebate still. I contacted all the retailers around me (Toronto) who applied for rebate and found Top Choice to have the best price. I just ordered for $1,299 + tax + $150 delivery/installation/takeaway to Toronto (all-in = $1,617.87). It's possible the delivery charge varies by location. Delivery will be in 2 weeks.

The price listed on their website is higher but if you contact them they will give you a lower price. I would suggest contacting Hassan by phone or text so he can give you the estimate (519-824-0382).

Edit: Top Choice just told me not to share that price anymore because it's actually not profitable for them. New price is $1399.
Last edited by adortok on Oct 7th, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
28 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2336 posts
1213 upvotes
GTA
adortok wrote: For the Ontario Energy rebate, retailers with only 1 to 4 locations in Ontario can offer the rebate until March 2021. Retailers with more than 4 locations had the rebate end on Sept. 30. So basically you will only find small retailers offering the rebate still. I contacted all the retailers around me (Toronto) who applied for rebate and found Top Choice to have the best price. I just ordered for $1,299 + tax + $150 delivery/installation/takeaway to Toronto (all-in = $1,617.87). It's possible the delivery charge varies by location. Delivery will be in 2 weeks.

The price listed on their website is higher but if you contact them they will give you a lower price. I would suggest contacting Hassan by phone or text so he can give you the estimate (519-824-0382).
Website?

EDIT: Again only one brand of gas dryers , need to keep looking.
Last edited by lilmikey on Oct 6th, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2017
39 posts
23 upvotes
Top choice gave me the best price I could find on my Napoleon bbq a few years ago. Way less than their advertised price.
Oct 20, 2013
51 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
does the rebate apply to refrigerators too?

I just bought this same washer/dryer set in january for about 2200 from Canadian Appliance Source (including delivery/installation & extended warranty). Great set but I wish I could change the song it plays when the cycle ends lol
[OP]
Sep 10, 2014
138 posts
99 upvotes
doobie83 wrote: does the rebate apply to refrigerators too?

I just bought this same washer/dryer set in january for about 2200 from Canadian Appliance Source (including delivery/installation & extended warranty). Great set but I wish I could change the song it plays when the cycle ends lol
Yes, it applies for CEE Tier 3 certified refrigerators and freezers
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3745 posts
537 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was looking for places with the rebate.

Do you know if the price shown includes the rebate? I'm not sure how to tell if an appliance qualifies.
Jan 15, 2008
9 posts
8 upvotes
mississauga
Thanks OP! Is the 3700 series a good washer and dryer combo? If this is only for 2 person household for now would it be too much?
[OP]
Sep 10, 2014
138 posts
99 upvotes
ravrius wrote: Thanks OP! Is the 3700 series a good washer and dryer combo? If this is only for 2 person household for now would it be too much?
I'm getting it myself for a two-person household :)
There's great reviews on it.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2014
138 posts
99 upvotes
Mint wrote: Thanks OP. Was looking for places with the rebate.

Do you know if the price shown includes the rebate? I'm not sure how to tell if an appliance qualifies.
I don't think the price on the website includes the rebate - that's why it's much higher. It's probably easiest just to ask if the appliance you're looking at qualifies.
Dec 14, 2010
59 posts
92 upvotes
Ottawa
tarheel_06 wrote: FWIW, it still looks like you can get the instant rebate at Best Buy when you add an appliance to your cart.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... _rebate_on
elty wrote: The dryer shows OOS for me.
Yeah... Good luck with that. I've been trying to get my purchase completed with BestBuy for the past couple of weeks because they have/had the price as well as the rebate but no luck. They have very little to no stock. Good luck though!
I like stuff
Jan 13, 2009
812 posts
341 upvotes
why do people buy electric dryers? is it that you don't want to pay a few hundred for a new gas line? I don't get why electric dryers are so popular.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2014
138 posts
99 upvotes
elfion wrote: why do people buy electric dryers? is it that you don't want to pay a few hundred for a new gas line? I don't get why electric dryers are so popular.
Many people probably don't know the difference (like myself) and just buy something for their existing setup. Also, I live in a condo so don't have option to put in a gas line.
Jan 13, 2009
812 posts
341 upvotes
adortok wrote: Many people probably don't know the difference (like myself) and just buy something for their existing setup. Also, I live in a condo so don't have option to put in a gas line.
Yeah I guess with a condo it makes sense. Do all condos prohibit gas appliances?

Well the difference is that it costs about 2 times less to operate a gas powered dryer on average. to a new gas line would pay for itself pretty quickly. and if you don't have an existing 220v line, then the cost of a new gas line vs new electic line is minimal.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21851 posts
161983 upvotes
GTA
elfion wrote: Yeah I guess with a condo it makes sense. Do all condos prohibit gas appliances?

Well the difference is that it costs about 2 times less to operate a gas powered dryer on average. to a new gas line would pay for itself pretty quickly. and if you don't have an existing 220v line, then the cost of a new gas line vs new electic line is minimal.
Lot more selection with electric (more common). electric come in more varying capacities if you don't need a large capacity one, and people probably don't want to be bothered with the additional line install / will just use whatever is available.
Jan 13, 2009
812 posts
341 upvotes
toguy wrote: Lot more selection with electric (more common).
thats what I am wondering thou. why is it so much more common. natural gas is available in a lot of homes in Canada and US, maybe in most
Dec 24, 2010
1 posts
toronto
I just ordered the lg7850 with matching dryer. Amazing machine. Amazing price. Just gotta wait till nov/Dec to get them in hand. Highly recommend speaking to Hassan or Sumit.
Oct 2, 2013
702 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
chauzish wrote: I just ordered the lg7850 with matching dryer. Amazing machine. Amazing price. Just gotta wait till nov/Dec to get them in hand. Highly recommend speaking to Hassan or Sumit.
How much did you pay for the pair ?