Ongoing Deal Discussion

TorGuard

2 Year VPN 50% off with FREE Amazon Firestick + Mini VPN Router - $49.99 USD + $10 USD SH

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 10:56 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5008 posts
7083 upvotes
Vancouver
Dedicated IPs..... Hard pass.

And probably no PF??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11787 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP...been a long time TorGuard member for about the last 4 years.

Although I don't like that they charge extra for a dedicated Streaming IP...as other companies offer it together with the service...but it does not impact me as I am now not a Netflix or streaming service member.

However, they make up for it with great customer service and a good product service.

Just renewed for another couple years even though my current membership still has several months left. They just adjusted the date accordingly for me...no problem.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Feb 5th, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11787 posts
2737 upvotes
Toronto
Kenjuta wrote: I messaged their support and they said they're out of Fire TV and are waiting for more
They offered me another deal though. Just get the mini router and instead of the Fire TV they'd give me 2 extra months of service
I had already paid for the membership renewal and they sent me a similar message...but instead offered the router and a dedicated streaming IP.

But when I told them I was not interested except for the router and streaming stick...they said it would take between 3 and 4 weeks to get new stock before they can ship them.

Told them I was in no rush. They said OK...and asked me to pay the USD 10 shipping free...so I did. Now it is just a waiting game.

But they were very courteous and friendly with their responses and responded pretty promptly when we corresponded.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
118 upvotes
schlouf wrote: What do you mean by clean IP? Their logic may have been that the fixed IP are not refundable (this is stated on their site) only the VPN portion which is $50. Did you contact their support to activate and assign the fixed IPs? If not, they have no real reason not to refund fully.
Also, no where on their site does it say they offer streaming IPs in Canada. It's US and UK only.
Aug 9, 2007
412 posts
205 upvotes
jdown077 wrote: Also, no where on their site does it say they offer streaming IPs in Canada. It's US and UK only.
it's dedicated streaming IP located in US/UK/Japan
You can be in any country to use it
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2082 posts
806 upvotes
metalexa wrote: Image

Just saw this on the home page after logging in.
I haven't been emailing them but I did notice they removed this message.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2082 posts
806 upvotes
Guys, I got a reply from them. The shipment are delayed because of the situation in China.

I was given the option to either:

1) Wait for the devices
2) Receive a refund and cancel the service
3) Get 6 months server additional in place for both devices.

I opt for (1)
Jan 3, 2011
58 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I signed up about a few weeks ago, got told that amazon sticks are out and will not have more instock. Decided to get a refund.

Good luck to you all still waiting, just don't get your hopes up.
Feb 10, 2009
69 posts
41 upvotes
Was just about to cancel, but mine was just finally received by FedEx Feb 16 and on its way here.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2065 posts
971 upvotes
Montreal
ashbinder wrote: Was just about to cancel, but mine was just finally received by FedEx Feb 16 and on its way here.
When did you pay for shipping? Trying to get a sense if shipments are being done in order.
Feb 10, 2009
69 posts
41 upvotes
mtl-D wrote: When did you pay for shipping? Trying to get a sense if shipments are being done in order.
Dec 31
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1298 posts
1938 upvotes
FYI, Received my router and FireTV Stick today. Had renewed with TG Dec 24.
Jun 8, 2007
410 posts
574 upvotes
BC
frugalcanuck wrote: FYI, Received my router and FireTV Stick today. Had renewed with TG Dec 24.
Did you submit a ticket, and was it updated to show they shipped your items? Or, did you just wait in silence?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
mathiashenderson4 wrote: I see that people are waiting for their shippment, so just went and got this instead https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/small ... scription/ you also dont need a dedicated IP to work with streaming..
I would imagine a dedicated streaming ip would be far more reliable. Otherwise you will be forever hunting for a working server when a shared one goes down. Quite a few VPN companies offer dedicated ip’s for streaming. They do have the disadvantage of only working in one country. TorGuard used to, and maybe still do, have a dual streaming ip product for the U.K. and the USA.

Anyway, various VPN companies have their strengths. You choose what you need. Seems to me that streaming from Canada is every bit as good as from the US, at least as far as Netflix goes. In many ways it’s better. Of course Canada doesn’t have Hulu, but it does have Crave and Crave+TMN. The situation is very different than a few years ago. Finally, for streaming there are smart DNS products which are cheaper, easier and almost as reliable (except for the dedicated up streamers).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1298 posts
1938 upvotes
Prestox wrote: Did you submit a ticket, and was it updated to show they shipped your items? Or, did you just wait in silence?
I followed up with support, got a reply that supply is limited due to situation in China. Was offered service extension in lieu but I said I'd wait. They said check back in 4-5 weeks, but mine stuff arrived about 10 days later.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2014
257 posts
198 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
jojothejoker wrote: Can I get this on the monthly plan so:
9.99 -50%
+10$ s/h
=15usd for firestick and vpn
Needs to be the 2 year plan. so $99.99 -50% is $49.99USD +$10 Shipping