Expired Hot Deals

[Toronto Animal Services] Toronto Animal Services. $25 cats/$50 dogs. Until Sept 1

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2019 1:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18397 posts
17159 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Animal Services. $25 cats/$50 dogs. Until Sept 1

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 1, 2019
Retailer:
Toronto Animal Services
Please remember that owning a pet is a huge responsibility.

Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
14 replies
Oct 13, 2008
396 posts
85 upvotes
just a reminder that pets are not toys. If you are thinking of adopting, please think twice before you do it and be responsible if you do adopt one.
Jun 15, 2019
57 posts
70 upvotes
How odd. The wonders of capitalism - capture all strays and sell them :D
Back in my country, you just pick up the cat you want off the ground and take it home. The last bugger was pregnant - quite an adventure.
Though, you know, it’s a bit of a discussion wether strays should be let be or collected and controlled. I guess I prefer the current situation of clean and safe streets.
But the geese, oh the geese! They should also get collected and sold at supermarkets. Should be tasty :)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1411 posts
671 upvotes
rokask wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:18 am
Back in my country, you just pick up the cat you want off the ground and take it home. The last bugger was pregnant - quite an adventure.
Though, you know, it’s a bit of a discussion wether strays should be let be or collected and controlled. I guess I prefer the current situation of clean and safe streets.
But the geese, oh the geese! They should also get collected and sold at supermarkets. Should be tasty :)
I hear ya budd. I just head to the dog park and pick my choice but there's always someone screaming about something.. I don't pay attention to them - life's too short to stress.

Disclaimer - I'm fully against trespassing on someone's private property when shopping for pets.
Oct 4, 2007
340 posts
48 upvotes
Get em before they're gone....

....ok maybe that joke isn't in the taste of everyone but I would think limited time deals to quickly decide on a pet does kind of go against the make a responsible decision logic. With that said they're all spade/neutered so maybe better that than the other option...
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1536 posts
536 upvotes
maimin_matty wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:41 pm
Get em before they're gone....

....ok maybe that joke isn't in the taste of everyone but I would think limited time deals to quickly decide on a pet does kind of go against the make a responsible decision logic. With that said they're all spade/neutered so maybe better that than the other option...
This. If someone really wants a cat or a dog, the price tag shouldn't matter. If it does matter, maybe getting a cat or dog shouldn't be a priority.
Oct 25, 2010
504 posts
191 upvotes
I mean one of my dogs has probably cost over 15k in vet bills...
Nov 8, 2013
444 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RFD Effect.

Buy now, think later. What’s the return policy?
Oct 27, 2018
46 posts
51 upvotes
I wish I could adopt them all, give them love and attention. But don't have the money, time, multiple arms and bodies to give them all the attention needed. Just have to hope they find good homes. I have the one adoptee I can manage already.

As others have said, please remember pets are a big responsibility and living beings. Not moving furry plushies for a moment's amusement.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2438 posts
556 upvotes
Ryes wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 3:53 pm
I mean one of my dogs has probably cost over 15k in vet bills...
Would pet insurance have helped?
I have it for my one year old pup, but I'm always questioning whether it's a good idea. At least the premium for this year's renewal didn't go up.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Oct 7, 2017
419 posts
422 upvotes
rokask wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 11:18 am
I think being sold is better, personally. $25-50 is not much for an animal you’ll have for years, and if it was free, you might get people who go “sure why not it’s free” and then the pet goes to a home where it ends up unwanted because the owner didn’t have to put a dollar in. This is the same reason when I list something for Free on Kijiji I get tons of choosing beggars asking me if I can deliver or flaking out, but if I charge $5 the quality of serious inquiries goes way up.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2942 posts
1061 upvotes
Scarborough
zetx wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 10:05 am
just a reminder that pets are not toys. If you are thinking of adopting, please think twice before you do it and be responsible if you do adopt one.
just a reminder that pets are considered property, not humans. If you are thinking of adopting, please think twice before you do it and be responsible if you do adopt one.
Jun 19, 2019
352 posts
199 upvotes
θθ"tekram ot tnew yggip elttil sihT"
mudnurobrac non imitigellI
LEM
Dec 1, 2018
238 posts
218 upvotes
DreamSanctuary wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2019 4:32 pm
RFD Effect.

Buy now, think later. What’s the return policy?
30 days unopened and same condition as when bought
If you used PayPal you’ll get a gift card instead
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18397 posts
17159 upvotes
Toronto
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.