Toronto Auto Show - $14 adult tickets. Feb 18 only

Deal Link:
Price:
$14
Expiry:
February 18, 2020
https://autoshow.ca/tickets/

Adult Tickets Only $14.00

Purchase online or at the gate. SUPER Tuesday Special Valid Only Feb. 18, 2020.

Bloggers, YouTubers, media , etc can get free passes too. It's nice. Booze and food too on media day.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cias-to ... 3-2326214/
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3083 posts
2821 upvotes
Mordor
wondering if the tesla cybertruck would be available to sit in
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
ShadowMordor wrote: wondering if the tesla cybertruck would be available to sit in
You're kidding right? That was a pre-production prototype that won't be making the auto show rounds and won't be released for another 1.5-2 years. I'd be SHOCKED if they showed that in Toronto, let alone LA.

There MIGHT be a Model Y? There's also a very good chance there will be Model 3 Performance test drives like last year. Keep in mind that Tesla likes to do the test drives on chill mode because most people can't handle the power (0-60 in 3.1s). The Tesla rep switched it to sport for me last year.......my Model 3 (0-60 in 4.9s) now feels slow every time I drive it :(
Last edited by Rob_EV on Jan 17th, 2020 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
theflyingsquirrel wrote: For test drive?
......the Model 3 will LIKELY be available for test drive like last year. If you're hoping to test drive a different Tesla product, it won't be happening at the CIAS.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
19739 posts
19995 upvotes
Toronto
@Rob_EV you sound like the one to ask.

what have you heard regarding the Detroit Auto Show this year? I know they're moving it to summer AND a new location. How does this impact wider participation from other brands? Many stopped attending in earlier years. Will Tesla have a presence there?

https://naias.com/
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Dec 10, 2012
905 posts
542 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No need to buy in advance, Tuesday is always cheaper at this ticket price.

Invest in Lotto max :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
sprung wrote: @Rob_EV you sound like the one to ask.

what have you heard regarding the Detroit Auto Show this year? I know they're moving it to summer AND a new location. How does this impact wider participation from other brands? Many stopped attending in earlier years. Will Tesla have a presence there?

https://naias.com/
Been YEARS since I attended the NAIAS, I know very little about it. I worked at the CIAS EV test drives booth the last couple years though, so I know a thing or two about it. Not working at CIAS this year (sadly).
Mar 6, 2019
95 posts
123 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: You're kidding right? That was a pre-production prototype that won't be making the auto show rounds and won't be released for another 1.5-2 years. I'd be SHOCKED if they showed that in Toronto, let alone LA.

There MIGHT be a Model Y? There's also a very good chance there will be Model 3 Performance test drives like last year. Keep in mind that Tesla likes to do the test drives on chill mode because most people can't handle the power (0-60 in 3.1s). The Tesla rep switched it to sport for me last year.......my Model 3 (0-60 in 4.9s) now feels slow every time I drive it :(
Username checks out, Rob the EV guy!

How have you found the Model 3 life, no issues or charge anxiety? I’ll be looking for a new car in the next 3 years, and considering going electric. Tesla has always caught my eye, and I’m excited for the space moving forward.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
OleSolskjaer wrote: Username checks out, Rob the EV guy!

How have you found the Model 3 life, no issues or charge anxiety? I’ll be looking for a new car in the next 3 years, and considering going electric. Tesla has always caught my eye, and I’m excited for the space moving forward.
'15 Nissan LEAF - 95,000km - tires, washer fluid, wiper blades - good for 120km one way trips and coming back later same day. 94% battery health when I sold it.

'14 BMW i3 - 90,000km - tires, HVAC control unit, rear window defrost, driver's door panel, passenger door panel, rear shelf supports, fuel pressure sensor, 12V battery, degrading main battery. Drove from Texas to Ontario - difficult trip, but doable with the range extender (don't recommend relying on it - basically limp mode). 75% battery health, can't even make 100km anymore in the winter months.

'18 Tesla Model 3 - 142,000km without any real issues - tires, washer fluid. Recently had a squeaky upper control arm - $210 part. The only vehicle I've ever owned that improves itself as it gets older with regular OTA software updates - it's easily a better car than the day I bought it. Drove to Sault Ste Marie 3X and Florida once. Planning my next Florida trip and possibly a road trip to California (it's not a big deal with this car). Battery health = ??? It's hard to tell as there's no way to access the on-board diagnostics. Rarely use the 500km rated range in a day and it always gets me where I need to go.

Model 3 is by far the best EV on the market while the i3 is pretty damn good at being unreliable.
Feb 8, 2007
452 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: '15 Nissan LEAF - 95,000km - tires, washer fluid, wiper blades - good for 120km one way trips and coming back later same day. 94% battery health when I sold it.

'14 BMW i3 - 90,000km - tires, HVAC control unit, rear window defrost, driver's door panel, passenger door panel, rear shelf supports, fuel pressure sensor, 12V battery, degrading main battery. Drove from Texas to Ontario - difficult trip, but doable with the range extender (don't recommend relying on it - basically limp mode). 75% battery health, can't even make 100km anymore in the winter months.

'18 Tesla Model 3 - 142,000km without any real issues - tires, washer fluid. Recently had a squeaky upper control arm - $210 part. The only vehicle I've ever owned that improves itself as it gets older with regular OTA software updates - it's easily a better car than the day I bought it. Drove to Sault Ste Marie 3X and Florida once. Planning my next Florida trip and possibly a road trip to California (it's not a big deal with this car). Battery health = ??? It's hard to tell as there's no way to access the on-board diagnostics. Rarely use the 500km rated range in a day and it always gets me where I need to go.

Model 3 is by far the best EV on the market while the i3 is pretty damn good at being unreliable.
Nice, you've been an EV guy for quite some time :) I only got into this world in April after years of waiting for the Model 3.

If you don't already know about it, you should check out TeslaFi - it doesn't give you a huge amount of diagnostics on your battery, but it does keep great logs of all your drives, efficiency stats for each drive, battery stats including how much % of the battery is 'frozen' from the cold (4% for me right now), plus it keeps estimates of battery degradation based on your rated range for each 90% charge. It pings Tesla's API so it's not that taxing on the car battery either. Costs $50USD for the year but I've been loving the information it provides.

Back to the topic - I remember when there was a Model 3 at the 2018 auto show before the vehicle was released in Canada and everyone was going nuts to see it. Was by far the busiest booth in the Exotics section. I'm heading there this year in the hopes that they have a Model Y on display since it is now pretty close to production release. And hopefully catch a glimpse of the Mustang Mach E if they have it on display. Unfortunately no Rivian at the show this year, or Polestar.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
adameme wrote: Back to the topic - I remember when there was a Model 3 at the 2018 auto show before the vehicle was released in Canada and everyone was going nuts to see it. Was by far the busiest booth in the Exotics section. I'm heading there this year in the hopes that they have a Model Y on display since it is now pretty close to production release. And hopefully catch a glimpse of the Mustang Mach E if they have it on display. Unfortunately no Rivian at the show this year, or Polestar.
Yeah, I remember how busy the Tesla booth was 2 years ago, completely NUTS. Couldn't even sit in the Model 3 (it was locked after media day), so I just ended up playing with the door handles a bunch.

Too bad about Rivian and Polestar. I LIKE the Rivian R1T (though I think they've priced it $30-40k too high based on the Tesla Cybertruck pricing). Polestar is interesting, but again priced TOO high. Fact is that Tesla makes more compelling vehicles with better features and specs for less money.

From what I've seen of the Mustang Mach-e, it's definitely not as good as a Model Y but priced similarly. These automakers need to undercut Tesla on price if they're not going to offer things like hardware for full autonomy, a first party charging network (100% reliable and doesn't gouge you) or class leading efficiency (less charging required).

Wonder if the XC40 Recharge will be there?
Feb 8, 2007
452 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: Yeah, I remember how busy the Tesla booth was 2 years ago, completely NUTS. Couldn't even sit in the Model 3 (it was locked after media day), so I just ended up playing with the door handles a bunch.

Too bad about Rivian and Polestar. I LIKE the Rivian R1T (though I think they've priced it $30-40k too high based on the Tesla Cybertruck pricing). Polestar is interesting, but again priced TOO high. Fact is that Tesla makes more compelling vehicles with better features and specs for less money.

From what I've seen of the Mustang Mach-e, it's definitely not as good as a Model Y but priced similarly. These automakers need to undercut Tesla on price if they're not going to offer things like hardware for full autonomy, a first party charging network (100% reliable and doesn't gouge you) or class leading efficiency (less charging required).

Wonder if the XC40 Recharge will be there?
Volvo (along with Mercedes-Benz) unfortunately pulled out of the 2020 CIAS show, it's a shame, so doubt we will see it!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1300 posts
770 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I signed up as a media person, wonder if I'll get it
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
5777 posts
3741 upvotes
Kitchener
adameme wrote: Volvo (along with Mercedes-Benz) unfortunately pulled out of the 2020 CIAS show, it's a shame, so doubt we will see it!
Not sure how that even makes sense? I'm pretty sure the CIAS is a great tool to sell cars.

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 2 guests)

tspaddam, Hbb1224, OneLowVW, Wazoos, shahram0, 1xhakka_azn, ypkwok