Toronto Auto Show - $14 adult tickets. Feb 18 only

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 9:48 pm
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3262 posts
530 upvotes
Brampton
Fjr2005 wrote: anyone know if Chev has the C8 at the show?
Just got an email saying they will have the C8 convertible. I would think they will have the coupe too.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Sep 27, 2009
224 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
I went the past 2 years on Tuesday and it's busy. Not crazy busy but there will be crowds.
kasm wrote: Does anyone know from experience is Tuesdays are crazy busy because of the discounted price? I would rather spend a couple bucks more and have an enjoyable experience.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16748 posts
3887 upvotes
Toronto
Rob_EV wrote: '15 Nissan LEAF - 95,000km - tires, washer fluid, wiper blades - good for 120km one way trips and coming back later same day. 94% battery health when I sold it.

'14 BMW i3 - 90,000km - tires, HVAC control unit, rear window defrost, driver's door panel, passenger door panel, rear shelf supports, fuel pressure sensor, 12V battery, degrading main battery. Drove from Texas to Ontario - difficult trip, but doable with the range extender (don't recommend relying on it - basically limp mode). 75% battery health, can't even make 100km anymore in the winter months.

'18 Tesla Model 3 - 142,000km without any real issues - tires, washer fluid. Recently had a squeaky upper control arm - $210 part. The only vehicle I've ever owned that improves itself as it gets older with regular OTA software updates - it's easily a better car than the day I bought it. Drove to Sault Ste Marie 3X and Florida once. Planning my next Florida trip and possibly a road trip to California (it's not a big deal with this car). Battery health = ??? It's hard to tell as there's no way to access the on-board diagnostics. Rarely use the 500km rated range in a day and it always gets me where I need to go.

Model 3 is by far the best EV on the market while the i3 is pretty damn good at being unreliable.
Wow this is incredible to read about the Model 3 and exciting
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1060 posts
684 upvotes
Bought the GO Bus Pass and adult ticket option. Round trip for the train was already $20 so $7 for the ticket isn’t bad. Going to take my son after his doctors appt on Tuesday as a surprise.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3437 posts
1507 upvotes
Ontario
will888 wrote: The auto show used to be good. I would attend every year and actually avoid days with discounts so I don't have to fight the crowds. Now it is an indoor auto mall. Not sure that $14 is good value.
I've always been cynical of paying money to go to a show where their objective is to sell me high priced items.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3262 posts
530 upvotes
Brampton
Its a trade show like many others. Some go for intrest/hobby, some go with intent to buy. It costs a lot to put on in terms of the venue, but it also costs the manufacturer/dealers to get cars and people down there. I wouldnt expect it to be free.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
2371 posts
1479 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: The auto show used to be good. I would attend every year and actually avoid days with discounts so I don't have to fight the crowds. Now it is an indoor auto mall. Not sure that $14 is good value.
Yeah, the show sucks now. Companies don't even give away samples anymore.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Feb 26, 2010
238 posts
242 upvotes
Aurora, ON
By any chance does anyone know if there's a service fee charge if you buy it in person? Curious to know if the $0.99 plus tax per ticket is worth it buy online. I find it really silly that they would rather have people lining in person than having impulse buying customers online.
Mar 2, 2005
757 posts
217 upvotes
juinny wrote: By any chance does anyone know if there's a service fee charge if you buy it in person? Curious to know if the $0.99 plus tax per ticket is worth it buy online. I find it really silly that they would rather have people lining in person than having impulse buying customers online.
No service fee buying at the Box Office but you may have to line up.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1060 posts
684 upvotes
Show wasnt too bad. My son enjoyed it alot.

Just of note there's some guys there from IPG Paintball group when you first go in, near the Neon sign guys at the North site. Talk about some high pressure sales people. Dont buy from them and I've put in a complaint to the Autoshow about these guys. Sleazy sales tactics.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1151 posts
217 upvotes
Maybe it's because Mercedes isn't there this year, but I found the spacing of all the manufactures to be quite spacious this year.

I go there to spend family time but I felt like there were definitely less giveaways/swag for sure.