Careers

Toronto based IT company is hiring an experienced field IT tech for 90 days contract

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2012 5:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1469 posts
254 upvotes
NuclearBlast wrote: The same reason that everybody is assuming the job pays $15/hour or less. OP hasn't said anything about the salary, has he? Windows, Office, Exchange, backup products, some routers knowledge, A+, Network+ certificates. Typical IT support person areas of expertise. CCIE is only desirable, although I admit seems really unnecessary for a "field tech" position even as a desirable. You know very well that depending on the market, employers might as well list PhD in circuit design for a first level support position. After all, we got some PhDs driving cabs, here in Canada ;)
People are assuming it pays $15/hour because the posting itself demonstrates a level of IT employee market abuse. Requirements and desirabilities (7 years experience, desirable CCIE) do not even come close to matching the offer of a 90 day contract. Might as well have pay of $10/hour, no chair and bring your own computer.
Jun 12, 2007
979 posts
215 upvotes
GTA
I don't like it either when employers are posting ridiculous requirements. Still I think this offer could help someone pay the bills for 3 months until he/she finds something permanent and better. I find the criticism not entirely deserved since the compensatin has not been disclosed (nor the office location for that matter).
Nov 15, 2006
484 posts
55 upvotes
There are so many entry level/intermediate job postings that are casually listing the CCIE as a requirement/asset that I'm starting to wonder if these folks even know what a CCIE is.