Expired Hot Deals

[Toronto Bike Share] Toronto Bike Share. 10% off new annual membership for Presto cardholders. Now with ebikes!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 2:26 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21132 posts
23338 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Bike Share. 10% off new annual membership for Presto cardholders. Now with ebikes!

Deal Link:
Savings:
10% off
Retailer:
Toronto Bike Share
https://bikesharetoronto.com/presto/

Great time to get into biking as the city is finally adding more lanes

https://www.toronto.ca/news/toronto-cit ... -activeto/

I tried their ebike today, nice ride. Included with your membership at no extra cost.

https://bikesharetoronto.com/e-bikes/

If you're unsure about it , free Wednesdays in September to try it out

https://bikesharetoronto.com/free-ride-wednesdays/
Images
  • 20200819_202954.jpg
  • 20200819_203005.jpg
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
29 replies
Jun 15, 2020
168 posts
187 upvotes
Ontario
Oof, I'm very soon moving out of the GTA. Would've loved to make good use of this!
May 27, 2007
159 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
That's neat that they have ebikes now. I wonder if they can charge them at the docking stations.
Oct 14, 2018
23 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Interesting that they kept it the same price as a regular bike. When I was bikesharing in Paris, the regular bikes had one colour and their e-bikes had another, but other than that they were functionally the same for unlocking, authenticating, docking, etc.

But if you opted for an e-bike for your journey, you could go so much further, and that would come with a 1 EUR surcharge on your bike pass. Interesting that Toronto Bike Share didn't take this route but hey I ain't complaining.
Apr 24, 2018
34 posts
9 upvotes
bryan7ran wrote: Interesting that they kept it the same price as a regular bike. When I was bikesharing in Paris, the regular bikes had one colour and their e-bikes had another, but other than that they were functionally the same for unlocking, authenticating, docking, etc.

But if you opted for an e-bike for your journey, you could go so much further, and that would come with a 1 EUR surcharge on your bike pass. Interesting that Toronto Bike Share didn't take this route but hey I ain't complaining.
its a pilot project so who knows what will happen if they decide to go ahead with it fully. I certainly wouldnt mind paying a bit extra for an ebike if available.
Nov 22, 2019
131 posts
106 upvotes
Is it worth getting the membership right before fall ? Or should I wait for March ?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14157 posts
26586 upvotes
Scarborough
sprung wrote: I tried their ebike today, nice ride. Included with your membership at no extra cost.
I've still never tried Bike Share but I'd definitely give one of the new ebikes a try. Too bad there's no stations anywhere near me and I don't go downtown anymore.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
8358 posts
1249 upvotes
Vancouver
bobclair wrote: Is it worth getting the membership right before fall ? Or should I wait for March ?
Best value is a one year membership. So unless you are moving or only want to do a one year for some reason don’t plan to renew. Doesn’t really make a difference.

I used bikeshare when moving in Toronto and now use the equivalent in vancouver. Even in dead cold Toronto on those sunny days with salt covered dry roads you’ll find some value.

These setups don’t really make money so consider it a donation to society
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6744 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It seems that the ebike is pedal assist only. You cannot just sit there and have the bike move with your thumb.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3348 posts
1359 upvotes
Can't wait to try out the new e-bikes for free in September. Smiling Face With Sunglasses Been wanting to do a test run on one of them ever since my buddy purchased one last month. Admittedly, I am a little spooked by Simon Cowell's recent accident on one of them.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1026 posts
2245 upvotes
bryan7ran wrote: Interesting that they kept it the same price as a regular bike. When I was bikesharing in Paris, the regular bikes had one colour and their e-bikes had another, but other than that they were functionally the same for unlocking, authenticating, docking, etc.

That's because it's Europe, the mentality of biking itself is vastly different. People actually use them, Canadians need an incentive, esp given the winters. Not to mention distance alone is a huge deterrent between Canada and any European country. I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of/significantly reduce regular pedal bikes in Canada for more ebikes.
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM capable
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6744 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DeltaSingh wrote: That's because it's Europe, the mentality of biking itself is vastly different. People actually use them, Canadians need an incentive, esp given the winters. Not to mention distance alone is a huge deterrent between Canada and any European country. I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of/significantly reduce regular pedal bikes in Canada for more ebikes.
I think in additional to the problems you mentioned, there is safety.
Here in Canada, drivers hate bikers. And pedestrians also hate them on side walk.
So bikers are being hated no matter where they go.
The roads here are narrow and basically when you are biking on the road, you blocked 1 lane yourself.
Also, it is hard to take your bike into the train or street car. The whole transit systems is not compatible with biking.
It is just so painful to bike here.
In Europe you have bike parking that has a few levels. We only have a few bike pole here and there.
They say they are serious about promoting biking, but in reality, they are just saying it.
The one who design the biking system here probably never bike themselves.

Do you need cc for free wednesday? 30 min rides are just too limiting. $4 for each extra 30 min is crazy expensive. If the docking station are broken and didnt recognize you returned the bike, you are screwed.
Can I use prepaid cc? Or may be stack with only $1 in it?
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Aug 20th, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1293 posts
462 upvotes
Midland
Are they replacing the whole fleet with ebikes?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1793 posts
334 upvotes
I've never used the bike share before. I would like to try it out for a few hours (not the Wednesday 1/2 hour free thing). I don't want to shell out $100 for membership to try it out. What's the best way / cheapest way for me to rent a bike for a day without having to pay $100 membership fee ?
Jun 24, 2019
22 posts
39 upvotes
sylvestor2002 wrote: I've never used the bike share before. I would like to try it out for a few hours (not the Wednesday 1/2 hour free thing). I don't want to shell out $100 for membership to try it out. What's the best way / cheapest way for me to rent a bike for a day without having to pay $100 membership fee ?
$7 for a 24 hour pass, or $15 for a 72 hour pass