24398 posts
33437 upvotes
Toronto

Toronto Bike Share deals for CAA members

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Toronto Bike Share
https://www.toronto.ca/news/bike-share- ... rtnership/

The partnership also provides CAA members and CAA On the Move members with special offers on bike share membership and rides through its CAA Rewards Program:

CAA members will receive four free rides when they purchase 10 rides

Starting on August 1st, CAA On the Move members receive exclusive access to limited time offers such as 25% off an annual BST membership plus can receive five free rides for friends and family.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
9 replies
Nov 8, 2013
771 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You would think the discount would be bigger as I assume the demand for using bike-sharing during Covid-19 is at an all time low.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7879 posts
3475 upvotes
DreamSanctuary wrote: You would think the discount would be bigger as I assume the demand for using bike-sharing during Covid-19 is at an all time low.
Demand is at an all time high actually according to the stats they release.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18060 posts
12778 upvotes
Markham
CAA should have given 4 free rides PERIOD not a "with 10 rides purchased". Don't want to buy 10 if I've never ridden a bike share yet.

BTW it would seem somewhat counterintuitive....CAA wants membership fees from car drivers so why would they encourage bike riding?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Nov 8, 2013
771 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LNahid2000 wrote: Demand is at an all time high actually according to the stats they release.
It's possible, but I think it's very creative accounting based on what I see daily. Usually in summer, in Toronto, near the water it's impossible to get a bike. Now it's rare to see a bike missing. Maybe some other cities are doing better.
Jan 13, 2012
538 posts
590 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: CAA should have given 4 free rides PERIOD not a "with 10 rides purchased". Don't want to buy 10 if I've never ridden a bike share yet.

BTW it would seem somewhat counterintuitive....CAA wants membership fees from car drivers so why would they encourage bike riding?
Honestly, with the ancillary discounts that they offer, my BCAA subscription typically ends up being net neutral. Not sure if it's the same w/ CAA, it's been a while.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10356 posts
3544 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: CAA should have given 4 free rides PERIOD not a "with 10 rides purchased". Don't want to buy 10 if I've never ridden a bike share yet.

CAA does town bicycles too and they hinted they may do repairs in the future.

However that’s a service for private bikes. Strange offer indeed

If you like this system buying a one year pass is no doubt the best option
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3021 posts
2561 upvotes
Toronto
Are these bike sanitized after each use? You know with all this COVID thing going on.

Or are you to bring your own rubber gloves?
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11577 posts
9210 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad it's still 30m limit, I found it a bit too restrictive when I had it a few years back. Sure you can find a dock and take it out again, but really designed for point A to B commutes.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10356 posts
3544 upvotes

CAA does town bicycles too and they hinted they may do repairs in the future.

However that’s a service for private bikes. Strange offer indeed

If you like this system buying a one year pass is no doubt the best option
Autocorrect sucks